Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Notre Dame on Saturday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Notre Dame on Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
1) Ice gets 10 points
2) Q makes more of an impact
3) Sarah Strong commits after game
Nice one on Sarah Strong.
Would love to see Makenley Randolph commit to the Irish, as well. After UConn, Syracuse, anytime soon;)

Reaction Score
I've always enjoyed reading this section and comparing it to how the game actually turned out.
For a change of pace, if you will, I'm going to change the perspective on this a bit and take it from the opposition's viewpoint:
Three Things I'd Like to See Notre Dame Do Against UConn:
1) Mix up defenses to hopefully keep UConn's rhythmic offense somewhat out of sync.
Expect a mixture of man to man and ND's zones (mostly 2-3 and match-up)
2) Attack the middle and get Aaliyah Edwards/UConn in foul trouble.

If the Irish can neutralize Edward's help defense, Citron, Westbeld and Hidalgo can attack the paint.
The latter two are good foul-shooters; Citron is 90%+.
3) Shoot well from outside.
The Irish had a season-high number of threes against Wake Forest, led by Citron and Hidalgo. This can also help open up the middle to drives.

Looking forward to the prime-time game! Best of health to both teams and let's see a good one.
Let the game begin! I like the old song "ROOT, ROOT, ROOT for the Home Team.... If they don't win
it's a shame.... etc...." Of course, when the Huskies play in South Bend, I also consider UCONN
the HOME TEAM (I would be rooting from HOME!!). GO HUSKIES!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
The game will be Honoring the 2004 and 2014 National Championship Teams. Both @triaddukefan and @CamrnCrz1974 should enjoy this as well as the 2004 Team (led by Diana) went 31-4 with their only home loss coming at XL (former Hartford Civic Center and 16,294 fans) to Duke 68-67. So we beat Tennessee twice (once at TN and once in the NCAAT final) but lost at ND, at 'Nova and at home to the "hey day of the Blue Devil program!" Queue up Barbara Streisand's "Memories" song....

Reaction Score
This is the biggest game of the second half of the season. It will be a good test to see just how good the Freshmen are and if they can handle a team with a little length.

1. Compete and keep the boards close especially on the offensive end.
2. Take care of the ball. Turnovers could negate any advantage ND has on the boards
3. Play smart defense. They can't afford to get into foul trouble in this game

Reaction Score
This is the biggest game of the second half of the season. It will be a good test to see just how good the Freshmen are and if they can handle a team with a little length.

1. Compete and keep the boards close especially on the offensive end.
2. Take care of the ball. Turnovers could negate any advantage ND has on the boards
3. Play smart defense. They can't afford to get into foul trouble in this game
THIS IS A GREAT SUMMARY! Boards and Fouls.... and good shooting beyond the arc!

Reaction Score
Well, since Both Paige and Azzi were both injured in games against ND, my one and only wish is that NO ONE, from either team gets hurt. Yep, thats it.
This brings back painful memories...... New TOP three things; 1. No injury 2. No injury 3. No injury
We need everyone for the rest of the season and the tournaments ( Big East, NCAA )!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Boneyarders at the game: Keep an eye out for 'interesting' visitors behind
our bench....maybe including Sarah Strong?

Reaction Score
1. Right from the jump ball UConn take the fight to ND the whole 40 minute game! No lapses!
2. Have the fans in Gampel engaged right from the start! ROWDY!
3. NO INJURIES!

Reaction Score
I have to ask: How many grand kids does Westbled have? It's like she's been on ND forever.
I hope you're not serious. Katherine Westbeld played on the championship team as a junior at ND followed by her sister Madeline Westbeld. Maddy is a senior but has a covid year option if she chooses.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
1. Combination of KK and Nika keep pressure on Hidalgo
2. Rebound, rebound, rebound
3. Goes along with 2, Ice will be needed to help with Notre Dame’s frontcourt, and she will need to show up and be physical.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
1. The refs don't try to make themselves the stars of the game.

2. ND plays a clean game.

3. Ash and Paige have a high point contest.

Reaction Score
1-- Paige and Aaliyah to play like their projected POY/All-Amercan pre-season status as thought to be and show to clearly be the best two players on the floor.

2-- Both KK and Ashlynn to outplay Hidalgo.

3-- Nika Muhl to show off she is an efficient scorer (not just shooter) from both mid-range and 3.

Reaction Score
As usual no injuries (for either team) is always a given as is a win!
1. No one even notices the Refs this game because it is so well called. UConn stays out of foul trouble.
2. A good shooting night from the whole team.
3. A great defensive performance from all as they play great team D.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
1. No Dee Kantner officiating the game, she has missed every foul done by ND when playing against UConn.
2. UConn plays hard and fast, both on offense and defense.
3. No injuries

Reaction Score
After a solid road win against Marquette, our game Saturday is our next important game with implications for March. Here are my top 3 things:

1) Nika and KK to have great defensive games and to control Hidalgo.

2) Paige to be Paige from the opening tip.

3) No ticky-tack fouls on defense and no offensive fouls on forced drives.

Big game for sure with a lot of history behind it. What are your top 3?
0-3. Brutal.

Especially your #1. Complete opposite happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom