Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Notre Dame on Saturday | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Notre Dame on Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After a solid road win against Marquette, our game Saturday is our next important game with implications for March. Here are my top 3 things:

1) Nika and KK to have great defensive games and to control Hidalgo.

2) Paige to be Paige from the opening tip.

3) No ticky-tack fouls on defense and no offensive fouls on forced drives.

Big game for sure with a lot of history behind it. What are your top 3?

Reaction Score
1) Get Aaliyah going early
2) Shade continue efficient shooting
3) Nika to continue scoring in the variety of ways she has shown us that she is capable of

Games against good teams like ND is where Aubrey will really be missed.

Reaction Score
(1) Score like we have been, Test ND defense. (2) Defend like we have been.Test ND's players. (3) Have the Fab 4 Freshmen score double figures. No injuries is a given.

Reaction Score
This one is tougher than usual and I can’t simply go with my standby, “lots of minutes for Inês.” This won’t be that kind of game. Therefore:
  1. No foul trouble
  2. Ash and Nika hit their 3s
  3. Fierce defense from the usual suspects, but also (and maybe especially) from Q and Ice

Reaction Score
1) Paige with 32/7/7
2) 4 UConn players with +12 pts
3) UConn showing poise when things get chaotic

Reaction Score
1. Stop Hidalgo or at least minimize her contributions. She is the head of the snake and if she'll be controlled, UConn will win (it's a big ask from Nika and/or KK but they can do it).
2. Paige showing again why she is the POY.
3. AE to not get too many fouls that will render her ineffective.

In reality just hoping for a great game with no injuries and a UConn win!

Reaction Score
1). Toughness
2). Poise
3). Confidence

Toughness to deal with the physicality of Notre Dame.
Poise to deal with the physicality of Notre Dame.
Confidence to play your game. Do what coach recruited you to do. If you are a shooter. Shoot with confidence. Defend with confidence. Pass with confidence. Play with the heart of a Husky!

Lets Go Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

Reaction Score
Setting aside the fact that we have played the toughest schedule to date, what are top teams doing that we can do better (per the stats)? On these three metrics, we are not in the top 50.

1. Take more shots. We average 62.4, the best teams average 5 more. So go for 70.
2. Shoot more 3’s. We attempt 19.5, go for 25.
3. Draw more foul Shots. We average 16.5. Go for 22.

In recent games, our turnovers have been down. We are defending well, though we need to give opposing outside shooters less room and time to get their shots off. We lack height inside so I don’t expect us to win the rebound battle against the best opponents. We can still clog the paint and force turnovers.

Reaction Score
1) The team, especially the frosh, to not be afraid or hesitant in the moment. I really think Shade and Arnold will okay as long as they aren't sped up.
2) The bigs rebound and play smart
3) The refs be competent. Some of those 1st half calls in the Marquette game were awful, and that is suppose to be one of the best crews in women's basketball? I don't want players taken out of games from either side because the refs don't know basics like an offensive player has the right to space above their feet or an elbow swung into a chest to create space is an offensive foul.

Reaction Score
Ash and Paige should be co-badasses. Ash has elevated her game and not your typical freshman. She reminds me of Paige in her freshman year. Ash was more efficient than Paige was, even with the game she had. 86 percent from 2 pt range and 100 percent from 3 pt range. Incredible for a freshman. She needs more was to open because she is almost automatic with her shots.

Reaction Score
Paige knee injury against ND four years ago was a non contact injury. But being at the game ND was extremely physical in their defense against her. Then and even now I believe the injury was a result of the beating she took. Any comments from other attendees?
Sorry but I don’t see how you figure that one. I don’t see how anything the opponents did contributed to the fact that Paige’s knee buckled when she was dribbling up the court alone

Reaction Score
Solid play from Ice
No jitters from Q
Nika with a couple early 3s
Spot on. Need solid minutes from bench to maintain intensity on both ends while giving starters some breathers. Nika scoring will help keep ND's defense from clogging the lane or diverting her defender to facilitate doubling up on Paige or Aaliyah, yielding passing lanes for her killer assists.
Refs need to be alert for ND flopping.

Reaction Score
1. A WIN!
2. Avoid Foul Trouble!
3. MANY hot hands from beyond the ARC!

Reaction Score
After a solid road win against Marquette, our game Saturday is our next important game with implications for March. Here are my top 3 things:

1) Nika and KK to have great defensive games and to control Hidalgo.

2) Paige to be Paige from the opening tip.

3) No ticky-tack fouls on defense and no offensive fouls on forced drives.

Big game for sure with a lot of history behind it. What are your top 3?
Win Win Win---Win BIG. I really liked winning against the old IRISH teams---now it is MANDATORY--too many knock arounds to forget.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
1. Continue the hustling defense

2. Paige in control of things

3. Stop Cintron's 3 pointers

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
1. ME!!! *I kid. I don't have a ticket
2. Swarming, annoying defense
3. A hyped but settled team

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I've always enjoyed reading this section and comparing it to how the game actually turned out.
For a change of pace, if you will, I'm going to change the perspective on this a bit and take it from the opposition's viewpoint:
Three Things I'd Like to See Notre Dame Do Against UConn:
1) Mix up defenses to hopefully keep UConn's rhythmic offense somewhat out of sync.
Expect a mixture of man to man and ND's zones (mostly 2-3 and match-up)
2) Attack the middle and get Aaliyah Edwards/UConn in foul trouble.

If the Irish can neutralize Edward's help defense, Citron, Westbeld and Hidalgo can attack the paint.
The latter two are good foul-shooters; Citron is 90%+.
3) Shoot well from outside.
The Irish had a season-high number of threes against Wake Forest, led by Citron and Hidalgo. This can also help open up the middle to drives.

Looking forward to the prime-time game! Best of health to both teams and let's see a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom