Top 3 Things You Want To See Against N.C. St. On Sunday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Against N.C. St. On Sunday

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
1. Geno using all of the SAME players he inserted in the last game(Let's see if they perform well against a better team.}
2. DON'T overuse Paige or Caroline
3. Insert the freshman, 1 by 1, to play with 4 members of the starting team.

Reaction Score
Everyone loves to see all of this group play. Hopefully practices this year will be like the old days where they were harder than the games so the starting 5 don't require work into the 4th quarter to get long hard game ready. Obviously ALWAYS want no injuries! But here are my game hopes:
1. 7 players in double figures (that means shooting is going well)
2. Paige is relaxed and back to her old shooting and passing form
3. UConn's superb no dribble offense going full force for 4 quarters with everyone involved

Reaction Score
1) Ice getting more minutes and scoring more points- just 10 minutes and 3 points against Dayton
2) Caroline getting at least 12 points and scoring inside more
3) Amari setting up inside & demanding ball, receives pass and hits turn-around jumper, fouled and hits the +1
Amari remains a mystery. A 6'6" and if not injured? her failure to date to maximize her height and ability to run the floor makes little sense. We have enough coaches to work with her one and one, shooting, moving without the ball, all the work centers have to put in to improve.
If Amari is still rehabbing a long-term injury, I take it all back, if not, we have a tall cheerleader.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Amari remains a mystery. A 6'6" and if not injured? her failure to date to maximize her height and ability to run the floor makes little sense. We have enough coaches to work with her one and one, shooting, moving without the ball, all the work centers have to put in to improve.
If Amari is still rehabbing a long-term injury, I take it all back, if not, we have a tall cheerleader.
please note that cheerleaders have some value. (there are plenty of them here in the BY! :mad: ;))

Reaction Score
1) starting five of Paige, Nika, Azzi, Aubrey and Aaliyah, each reprising the excellence of their last time facing NC State (Paige- relentless/clutch, Nika - record setting assists, Azzi - 30+ points, Aubrey - 6 steals, efficiency and run outs, Aaliyah - double double machine.)
2) starting five establishes this years identity of fast paced/efficient offense and stifling/disruptive defense, no let up as deep bench rotates in and out. Wes Moore first of many coaches this season that can't find any answers on how to slow us down.
3) to close out the first half, with NC State on their heels, a few minutes of Nika, KK, Aubrey, Ashlynn and Aaliyah!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
1. Caroline continue to find her groove

2. Our Mickey Mouse Clubber do the same

3. Ice drop 2 or 3 or more outside bombs.

Reaction Score
01). Obviously a WIN.
02). Caroline & Paige beginning to have more of an impact.
03). Strong balanced scoring.

Too many on here worry far too much about turnovers. Stop looking at the stats sheet as a "tell all" (because it isn't) and watch the game to actually determine how the turnovers happened. Deduct any positive attempts (near passing misses for example) from those that a pure bonehead plays.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
1) starting five of Paige, Nika, Azzi, Aubrey and Aaliyah, each reprising the excellence of their last time facing NC State (Paige- relentless/clutch, Nika - record setting assists, Azzi - 30+ points, Aubrey - 6 steals, efficiency and run outs, Aaliyah - double double machine.)
2) starting five establishes this years identity of fast paced/efficient offense and stifling/disruptive defense, no let up as deep bench rotates in and out. Wes Moore first of many coaches this season that can't find any answers on how to slow us down.
3) to close out the first half, with NC State on their heels, a few minutes of Nika, KK, Aubrey, Ashlynn and Aaliyah!
Just wondering...do you have some inside info on Aubrey starting over Caroline Ducharme? I had the impression from the first 2 games that Caroline will start if she is available. I believe Geno stated as much in one of his pressers/interviews.

sun

Reaction Score
1. Continuation of deep substitutions using different combos includng packages of bigs
2. Azzi settling down early & scoring on 3 levels
3. Everyone scores & without missing many shots

Reaction Score
The college basketball off-season is sooo long that when I can finally watch games again it's like a bad fever dream has ended. So in this early season game the three things I most want to see are:

1. The first half
2. The second half
3. A final score that puts a W in the UConn record book

Reaction Score
Just wondering...do you have some inside info on Aubrey starting over Caroline Ducharme? I had the impression from the first 2 games that Caroline will start if she is available. I believe Geno stated as much in one of his pressers/interviews.
No inside info. Just an opinion. I assume both Caroline and Aubrey will both be getting plenty of minutes. I just think Aubrey had a great game against NC State last season, that along with her disruptive defense and ability to slash to the basket would enhance our ability to establish an uptempo pace to the game on both ends, if she is on the court at tge opening tip.

Reaction Score
1. No early foul trouble
2. Azzi and Paige Shooting better
3 Ice and the freshmen play well again

Reaction Score
a Strong showing by our bench :)
and a +++ Strong showing behind the Huskie Bench.!!!
Go Grace Christian H.S. of Sanford, N.C.!! Bring the family with you!
Geno will provide the sweatshirts!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom