Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Georgetown On Sunday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Georgetown On Sunday

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
1) No injuries
2) An injury free game
3) A bored athletic trainer

Reaction Score
Kara Wolters had been saying all throughout our epidemic of turnovers that the numbers would decrease once Azzi returned because you had another point guard at the two position who would be the secondary passer. When Azzi was in before the ND game, we averaged 15 turnovers a game. I therefore don't think it is only her presence but also the fact that we have not run as much with a depleted roster and that Dorka has become a very involved and effective interior and in and out passer. You are going to have turnovers in a high level transition game but with Azzi back no one can slough off and clog the middle so the passes underneath do not have to be so laser like. I also think they are getting into a nice rhythm now in their offensive game. If we stay around 12 turnovers a game we will be hard to beat in any game later this year.

Reaction Score
1. More minutes from Azzi to get rid of her last remnants of rust. (25 min)
2. A little rest for Muhl so she doesn’t wear out at the end of the year. She plays so hard.
3. No injuries.
4. A really good breakout game for DeBerry.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
1. with all the games coming up we need to maintain our health so more non starters get more minutes to rest our injured coming back
2. poise
3. execution

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Respectfully, this is unreasonable. The #1 team in the NCAA for least turnovers, Colorado State, has an 8.8 per game average but he the second best is 10.8 per game and it goes up. To expect an uptempo team like UConn tohave less than 10 turnovers can happen, but it’s unlikely
Actually it isn't unreasonable - for a single game. Especially against an over matched opponent. I agree that it would be unreasonable as a season stat.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
1) That Fairfield transfer get in and score a couple

2) Azzi start to live up to the hype

3) Aaliyah stay down low where she belongs

I wonder if I need an emoji?

Reaction Score
IMO you must preface all of this with: there are going to be severe limitations on what a really good team can accomplish against a poor team. You ever played pickup with your cousins and nephews? Usually not pretty.
Having said that, I don't care if it's her 2nd game back or 200th, UConn needs to get Azzi off!!! No joke, IMO, Azzi could average 7-8 3's a game, unprecedented #'s. Literally Steph Curry or Klay Thompson stuff. Get her 30 shots. She'll hit 15 of them on an off night, with half of them being 3's. Do the math. Yes, 37 points. Stop fiddling around the edges. Let's do this!
Imagine a nip and tuck physical game with SC in February. They can't shoot, so by definition, it'll be tight, if UConn can rebound a little and no turnovers leading to runouts. Then, the sonic boom hits, Azzi hits 3 or 4 threes in a row, UConn rebounds a couple of SC bricks, fans start heading to the exits.
We've gotten a couple tastes, it's time to unleash, to gorge!

Reaction Score
1. More minutes from Bettecourt. She needs floor time to build her confidence and game conditioning. Makes good passes, defense is good overall. A few times looked overwhelmed, but expect that from a freshman, especially an international player.
2. Amari finds some intensity. Get physical, use her body more. Geno can’t seem to find the key to motivate her?
3. Muhl to start taking short jumpers, or floaters in the lane. Too many turn overs forcing a pass near the rim. She is the team leader, try some offensive versatility.

Reaction Score
IMO you must preface all of this with: there are going to be severe limitations on what a really good team can accomplish against a poor team. You ever played pickup with your cousins and nephews? Usually not pretty.
Having said that, I don't care if it's her 2nd game back or 200th, UConn needs to get Azzi off!!! No joke, IMO, Azzi could average 7-8 3's a game, unprecedented #'s. Literally Steph Curry or Klay Thompson stuff. Get her 30 shots. She'll hit 15 of them on an off night, with half of them being 3's. Do the math. Yes, 37 points. Stop fiddling around the edges. Let's do this!
Imagine a nip and tuck physical game with SC in February. They can't shoot, so by definition, it'll be tight, if UConn can rebound a little and no turnovers leading to runouts. Then, the sonic boom hits, Azzi hits 3 or 4 threes in a row, UConn rebounds a couple of SC bricks, fans start heading to the exits.
We've gotten a couple tastes, it's time to unleash, to gorge!
Auriemma is not going to suddenly change his philosophy and his offense for any individual player, no way, no how. He didn’t do it for Taurasi or Stewart, and how did that work out in terms of championships? Fudd will get her shots within the flow of the game and if that means she gets 30 good shots, great. Fudd has already shown she will hunt shots within the offense so she is already unleashed. There are not too many teams playing the way you suggest that are wearing championship rings. And the Warriors have won championships because they play like a team, not because Curry or Thompson go out to get 30 shots.

Reaction Score
Auriemma is not going to suddenly change his philosophy and his offense for any individual player, no way, no how. He didn’t do it for Taurasi or Stewart, and how did that work out in terms of championships? Fudd will get her shots within the flow of the game and if that means she gets 30 good shots, great. Fudd has already shown she will hunt shots within the offense so she is already unleashed. There are not too many teams playing the way you suggest that are wearing championship rings. And the Warriors have won championships because they play like a team, not because Curry or Thompson go out to get 30 shots.
I agree with your sentiments regarding team play! I was just a bit hyperbolic about getting Azzi off. Maybe like going to battle with a howitzer that no one else has and you don't use it.
Now, you can't use the Curry analogy for your argument/point of view and discount it for my argument/point of view. That's not fair!
Point is IMO Azzi can have that kind of impact on a game. We've seen glimpses!
If you need reminding of Curry's impact, check out games 5 and 6 in last year's final. Curry's impact!!

Reaction Score
1. To see the game live, which is not going to happen. The Giants have a 4:30 start for a playoff game that is must watch TV. I can't record the UConn game and although I could record the Giant's game I'm watching it with my son and moving watching the game back a couple of hours won't work.

2. That when I watch the replay I'll be enthralled by the sheer beauty of a UConn team in full flower on both offense and defense.

3. That Geno looks shaven, refreshed and at peace with the world.*

*Excepting the refs of course.

Reaction Score
Imari Berry sitting behind the UConn bench.
Azzi up to 30 minutes.
CD in a blue and white outfit.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
A win
No injuries
Continued excellent play on both ends of the court.

Reaction Score
Literally none of these outcomes came true. Well, Geno looked better today.

The rest? Nope. Injury to Azzi, turnovers, several wanting Amari and Ines who both stunk it up, just a bad bad game.

Oh, forgot turnovers…..lol

Dear God the turnovers….

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom