Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Georgetown on Saturday | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Georgetown on Saturday

Reaction Score
As much as we need rest above all else right now, we have to focus on Saturday. Here are my top 3 things:

1) A win;

2) Caroline, please:

3) Energy and mental focus.

The season ain't over till it's over. It's just a matter of regrouping and getting our strength and stamina back. It will come.

Reaction Score
1) At the opening tip, the focused, confident and locked in band of warriors we knew this team to be
2) energy and smiles throughout the game
3) chest bumps all around at the final whistle

Reaction Score
1. Pressure defense. Play to our strengths. Don't chase the opponent around the floor for 20 seconds. Impose your will. Get deflections. Get in the passing lanes. Trap. Create a bit of helter-skelter. Get the tempo up.
2. Run an offense that gets players the ball in scoring positions. Lanes for AG and Nika to drive. Low post opportunities for Dorka. Open looks for Lou. I don't believe these teams- Providence, Nova, Quette, Georgetown and even SC should be able to shut UConn down to a crawl. I don't believe it. Shelf the gorgeous passing game with the handoffs and high post crap looks for something that suits this team. Slash, slash, and more slash.
3. Combo of 1 and 2. Uptempo, uptempo. Force ALL opponents to play UConn tempo. That's a trademark of UConn basketball. Recently and the last few final 4's teams have forced UConn to play their tempo.

Reaction Score
  1. I would like to see the young women play for the fun of the game without a care in the world.
  2. No injuries.
  3. Play a very good defensive game.

Reaction Score
1. The team having fun. They are so worn out that they seemed like playing Marquette was more of a chore than how they normally just live playing basketball.

2.Caroline at least, if not both she and Azzi

3. Better play. Win or lose, I’d rather see the kind of play that is UCONN. Marquette was hard to watch. But I get it, these girls are exhausted physically and mentally.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
1. Dream Big
3. Work Hard
3. Stay Positive and Make It Happen

Reaction Score
1. Good spacing on offense. UConn slows down when they either get too close together or get pushed out too far to start the offense.
2. MIdrange jumpers - one of our strengths, particularly for Edwards in the beginning of the year. Love that everyone can drive to the basket, but when other teams pack the court under the basket, nothing wrong with a 5-10 foot pull up versus turnovers or offensive fouls.
3. Guards release and go after long rebounds. Appears Geno has been using Huskie guards to help box out. Our guards are tall and good rebounders, but for some reason lately, when UConn has been on defense, a high number of rebounds have bounced well past Dorka and Edwards. They are 50-50 opportunities - a few more would have helped recently.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Forgive me that I cannot remember what game it was, however sometime in January (I think?) the team played with such joie de vivre, there were incredible assists on baskets made, everyone was having fun. That's what I'd like to see - the team enjoying the game and enjoying each other.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom