Top 25's | The Boneyard

Top 25's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Found this on the Baylor board posted by slimecap.

ATHLON Sports College Basketball 2015-16 Preview

01 UConn
02 Notre Dame
03 Tennessee
04 South Carolina
05 Ohio State
06 Mississippi State
07 Baylor
08 Louisville
09 Texas A&M
10 Texas
11 Oklahoma
12 Northwestern
13 Duke
14 Arizona State
15 Florida State
16 Maryland
17 Stanford
18 Oregon State
19 Kentucky
20 North Carolina
21 George Washington
22 Chattanooga
23 South Florida
24 Syracuse
25 Princeton

----------------------------------------

LINDY'S Sports College Basketball 2015-16 Preview

01 UConn
02 South Carolina
03 Tennessee
04 Notre Dame
05 Baylor
06 Louisville
07 Oregon State
08 Mississippi State
09 Texas
10 Maryland
11 Florida State
12 Duke
13 Ohio State
14 Arizona State
15 Oklahoma
16 Texas A&M
17 George Washington
18 Kentucky
19 Stanford
20 Florida Gulf Coast
21 North Carolina
22 South Florida
23 Northwestern
24 Rutgers
25 Michigan State

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Does Athlon have any credibility?

No reason for Ohio State and Mississippi State should be 1. above Baylor 2. in the Top 10. They haven't provided any justification at this point to be ranked that highly.

Florida State, Oregon State, Duke and probably Maryland all need to move up.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I do agree With some of the rankings.

Reaction Score
If you go back through the pre-season rankings Tenn has been consistently ranked above Notre Dame and when the FF rolled around Notre Dame has been there while Tenn hasn't even made it once. This year the hype over the LV's is be the addition of Russell and DeShields, neither of whom have been to one FF and both of whom are returning after injuries. Notre Dame has lost some great players over the last 4 years or so and have still found their way to the FF every year. Is losing Loyd any bigger a hit than losing Diggins?

In the last 7 years there have been 28 FF slots. The SEC has filled exactly one. When is someone going to point out that the emperor has on no clothes?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think Maryland is to low, Mississippi State to high. Texas I'd move up a spot. I think bringing in Thompson was a good thing. Tennessee having DeShields gives the team a go to player. A healthy Russell size in the post. This will be the most talented team Holly has had.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Don't Understand Miss St high ranking, they didn't finish in Top 25 in the last post of last year. They did get 13 votes.

Reaction Score
I agree ND is a respectable opponent for UConn in the last 5 years

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I never put much stock in these 2 rankings. They rarely do any research and throw together rankings as an after thought right before publication.

That being said I personally think UCONN is the clear #1

2-5?!?!?

It's a toss up between South Carolina, ND, Baylor, and Tennessee.

ND is always there in the end. MM is a good coach and will have her team ready.

I think people are under shooting the Baylor Bears. The return almost everyone and add Alexis Jones plus a great recruiting class.

I'm interested in South Carolina because Wilson and Coates will likely be starters playing more minutes and who backs them up?? They do have Sarah Imbovich.

Tennessee?? They start the preseason with lofty expectations but never make it to FF. this could be there year but may not as well. They have a lot of 1:1 players. Can they play as a team?

Reaction Score
If you go back through the pre-season rankings Tenn has been consistently ranked above Notre Dame and when the FF rolled around Notre Dame has been there while Tenn hasn't even made it once. This year the hype over the LV's is be the addition of Russell and DeShields, neither of whom have been to one FF and both of whom are returning after injuries. Notre Dame has lost some great players over the last 4 years or so and have still found their way to the FF every year. Is losing Loyd any bigger a hit than losing Diggins?

In the last 7 years there have been 28 FF slots. The SEC has filled exactly one. When is someone going to point out that the emperor has on no clothes?
ouch :oops:

Reaction Score
Was wondering about Stanford after last years fiasco with the underside of the bus.
Do you think they are being reated too high, or will they pull together and not let Tara bully them into the ground again.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Alydar said:
If you go back through the pre-season rankings Tenn has been consistently ranked above Notre Dame and when the FF rolled around Notre Dame has been there while Tenn hasn't even made it once. This year the hype over the LV's is be the addition of Russell and DeShields, neither of whom have been to one FF and both of whom are returning after injuries. Notre Dame has lost some great players over the last 4 years or so and have still found their way to the FF every year. Is losing Loyd any bigger a hit than losing Diggins? In the last 7 years there have been 28 FF slots. The SEC has filled exactly one. When is someone going to point out that the emperor has on no clothes?

I can't disagree with anything you're saying. It just appears that there is a great deal of hegemony that the SEC enjoys. It's manifested in terms of money, money that is fueled by hype for the conference. At least ESPN hypes UConn as well, or all WBB would have is the SEC.

Ever since the SEC started its streak of CFB NCs from 2006-12, there were 10-figure deals with ESPN, including the development of the SEC Network. That network has to be filled with content, including WBB programs with any brand equity.

I guess it doesn't matter as long as UConn keeps doing its thing, but there's a financial investment that's been made in an emperor/empress, be s/he clothed or not.

Still, 10 NCs don't lie...

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score

HALLELUJAH!!! Can I get an amen???

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I am anxious to see coaches and AP polls.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I lost all respect for coaches poll last year after the way they were ranking Texas.
Despite the loss in last game. I think Texas is on the rise. They have some good talent. Aston has done a good job of recruiting. Thompson can help the post with coaching.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
It should be pretty much the same as the other polls! I don't see the top seven or eight teams changing alot.
I don't think Mississippi State should be that high. I think Maryland should be in top ten.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Despite the loss in last game. I think Texas is on the rise. They have some good talent. Aston has done a good job of recruiting. Thompson can help the post with coaching.
Way before UConn played them I wasn't impressed. The UConn game certainly didn't help. I believe they got some first place votes last year as well.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Way before UConn played them I wasn't impressed. The UConn game certainly didn't help. I believe they got some first place votes last year as well.
They were playing very well early. When Atkins got injured it slowed them down. I think she is the real deal. The game early at Tennessee should be a good game. I think it will tell us a lot about both teams.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
They were playing very well early. When Atkins got injured it slowed them down. I think she is the real deal. The game early at Tennessee should be a good game. I think it will tell us a lot about both teams.
I really do like their coach. I think they are doing good things there which is good considering the number of great recruits in that state. I mean I gotta give them a bit of credit they got wins in the NCAA tourney. I do plan on watching some SEC games this year. I have SEC Network and have never watched games before but I am interested to see how well TN does.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I really do like their coach. I think they are doing good things there which is good considering the number of great recruits in that state. I mean I gotta give them a bit of credit they got wins in the NCAA tourney. I do plan on watching some SEC games this year. I have SEC Network and have never watched games before but I am interested to see how well TN does.
Tennessee did have 3 games in Italy. I thought that the team played well. I was impressed with Cooper. I think she will be really good. Having Jones back helps a lot with rebounding and defense. Russell looks much better being healthy. If there are no serious injuries I think this team will be very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom