Top 10 UConn Big East Games Of All Time (Blog) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 10 UConn Big East Games Of All Time (Blog)

Reaction Score
For us older folks
The wins over highly rated Georgetown and Syracuse in The Dream Season at the HCC would be In my top ten especially regular season . UConn never played that kind of pressure defense against that kind of talent before or since.
Georgetown had Mourning and Matumbo. We didn’t really have a 5 which was amazing.
Those games lifted JC to legendary status.
Loudest BB game ever start to finish. Total intensity by players and fans every possession. Everyone could sense the moment as being something huge in the program’s evolution. Fortunate to be there.

Reaction Score
Dan's son and mine went through the Clinton school system together and played on the same Little League team. Spider and I coached it. Now THAT'S old!

So you were there when the Scully's were "running" the town huh? LOL good ol days.

Reaction Score
I largely agree with the ranking but the 2004 Madison Square Gordon game will always hold a special place for me.

The drama in the crowd was ridiculous. 34-12 Pitt run had those fans cocky as hell. Taunting us. Then the 11 point Pitt lead with 7 1/2 minutes left and Emeka fouling out, they were insufferable.

I was surprised only one fight broke out at the end.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I largely agree with the ranking but the 2004 Madison Square Gordon game will always hold a special place for me.

The drama in the crowd was ridiculous. 34-12 Pitt run had those fans cocky as hell. Taunting us. Then the 11 point Pitt lead with 7 1/2 minutes left and Emeka fouling out, they were insufferable.

I was surprised only one fight broke out at the end.
That's the one redeeming quality of the 'cuse fanbase. They talk smack at MSG during the games but are pretty cool after we beat them.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Loudest BB game ever start to finish. Total intensity by players and fans every possession. Everyone could sense the moment as being something huge in the program’s evolution. Fortunate to be there.
By far the loudest I ever heard the Civic Center

Reaction Score
Dan's son and mine went through the Clinton school system together and played on the same Little League team. Spider and I coached it. Now THAT'S old!
Him and Mr Andujuar made a great team for gym class.

Reaction Score
That's the one redeeming quality of the 'cuse fanbase. They talk smack at MSG during the games but are pretty cool after we beat them.

Agree. Pitt was the worst fanbase.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score

Repetition breeds familiarity.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If I recall correctly, the Pitt fans taunted Khalid unmercifully throughout that game.
Taunt is a nice way of putting it. Racial slurs is another.

Last edited:

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
For us older folks
The wins over highly rated Georgetown and Syracuse in The Dream Season at the HCC would be In my top ten especially regular season . UConn never played that kind of pressure defense against that kind of talent before or since.
Georgetown had Mourning and Matumbo. We didn’t really have a 5 which was amazing.
Those games lifted JC to legendary status.
I was at every home game that season, plus PC and G'town road games and the BE tourney. Was a GREAT season to be a UConn fan.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'd put in the 1990 semis vs G'Town as well. UConn had to monut a comeback against Mourning and Motumbo with playing their 2nd (3rd?) string center.

Reaction Score
Yep, Marge and company.

Aunt Marge the Scully sign still at Bills these days. Cousin Jane still holding steady in town. Maybe you even knew her brother Dave Curry when he had his packy in town late 70's-80's hung out at Vicki's a lot with the boys. Small world, Clinton was always a great shoreline town.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Watched number 10. The six OT game on my lunch break. If that games ten this is gonna be good lol. How many of these games were you guys at?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom