Tookie Brown (Committed to Georgia Southern) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tookie Brown (Committed to Georgia Southern)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think you just have nothing worthwhile to add to any discussion, but you still want to butt in, so this why you put it 5 times in every thread.

You give me likes all the time weirdo might want to clean that up

Reaction Score
With the extremely wide net we've cast on another ball handler for this class, it (hopefully) will feel great once we get another, just gotta keep hoping.

Reaction Score
With so many recruits decommitting and fifth years seniors becoming available you think that UConn would land a few good ones. Are there a lot of programs with available scholarships like UConn? I don't know.

So far I'm just not getting the warm and fuzzies that were making a lot of inroads with these available prospects, but maybe we just don't know all that's happening behind the scenes.

As Fishy pointed out, how disappointing it is that we just came off winning a national championship and completed the new practice facility, and that we're not killing it in recruiting this past year. The only explanation for it, in my opinion, is our conference affiliation. It's flat out killing us. I wish we could get out of it, but I don't see anyway out in the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With so many recruits decommitting and fifth years seniors becoming available you think that UConn would land a few good ones. Are there a lot of programs with available scholarships like UConn? I don't know.

So far I'm just not getting the warm and fuzzies that were making a lot of inroads with these available prospects, but maybe we just don't know all that's happening behind the scenes.

As Fishy pointed out, how disappointing it is that we just came off winning a national championship and completed the new practice facility, and that we're not killing it in recruiting this past year. The only explanation for it, in my opinion, is our conference affiliation. It's flat out killing us. I wish we could get out of it, but I don't see anyway out in the foreseeable future.
You left out one other possibility, I'm sure because none of us want to believe it can be true: that our staff are either just not good recruiters, or don't know how to close. Not sure whether to believe it or not, but apparently we were the front runner for Stone at some point.....and he clearly knew about the conference. From what I gather from the true "insiders", such as Fishy, we need new blood on the recruiting front maybe as much as we need a better conference.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Well whatever is happening "behind the scenes", we've lately had nothing to show for it..... I can only imagine how desolate this recruiting class would be w/o the title run last year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I KNOW WHO WOULD EVER COME TO UCONN. SHIP IS SO SINKING GUYS JUMP OFF WHILE YOU STILL HAVE YOUR LIFE. OLLIE AND ALL THE POSERS NEED TO KNOW HOW TO CLOSE. YOU EVER READ GRANT CARDONE'S BOOK ON CLOSING? OLLIE SHOULD READ THAT. BUT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THIS CONFERENCE IS DRAGGING US INTO THE ABYSS AND THERE IS NO WAY WE'LL EVER GET OUT. REALLY THE SCHOOL SHOULD JUST TAKE OUT A MORTGAGE ON GAMPEL BECAUSE ITS JUST NOT WORTH IT. THE ACC HATES US BECAUSE WE'RE GOOD AT STUFF AND THE B1G HATES US BECAUSE THEY THINK WE'RE DUMB.

I MEAN GUYS ONE RECRUIT CHOSE MARQUETTE OVER US. A WHOLE, COMPLETE, LIVING BREATHING BASKETBALL PLAYER CHOSE ANOTHER SCHOOL OVER US. I MEAN WE DON'T STAND A CHANCE. KEVIN OLLIE SCARES PEOPLE OFF WITH HIS NBA CONNECTIONS AND REALLY HE SHOULD JUST BE GONE ANYWAY. WHAT WE NEED TO DO IS GET BIG TIME. ANYTHING LESS THAN 17 ***** RECRUITS PER YEAR>>>> THATS RIGHT PER YEAR>>>> IS UNACCEPTABLE> SEE I CHOSE THE WORD 'UNACCEPTABLE' SO I CAN SOUND LIKE A THIRD GRADE TEACHER.

GUYS NO ONE WOULD EVER COME HERE AND THEY WON'T EVER AGAIN. THANKS CBS SPORTS. THANKS Obama.

Reaction Score
Stop wasting space.

He's not wasting space, he's justifiably freaking out about the absurd bastion of negativity this place has become over the past few months.

Reaction Score
Stop wasting space.

Ha! This place is home to some of the most ambitiously stupid opinions on college recruiting i've ever read in my life. It's just a cavalcade of lame argument redundancy. Don't wanna waste space? You could delete half these posts and just come up with a branded 'they won't come here, here's why' rattle basher post and thumb tac one into every thread so we can get it out of the way. No reason for 70 people to say the same things over and over again. Waste space he says. In the Bone Yard, he says.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Then why are you here?

It's a big internet and there are plenty of other UConn boards out there - find one that works better for you.

Don't waste another minute of your time here.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Ha! This place is home to some of the most ambitiously stupid opinions on college recruiting i've ever read in my life.
45780.png

Reaction Score
He's not wasting space, he's justifiably freaking out about the absurd bastion of negativity this place has become over the past few months.
Umm its an annual ritual, magnified especially after non Championship years. When school lets out it will lessen. But the next ritual will be glorified practice reports leading to unrealistic expectations.

Its what we do.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
We just need one more good domino to fall our way...just one...then the good mojo will start flowing again.

Yep, I think that there is truth in this statement. I hope that KO refines his recruiting approach, but that he continues to target some of the top-level recruits.

Reaction Score
Then why are you here?

It's a big internet and there are plenty of other UConn boards out there - find one that works better for you.

Don't waste another minute of your time here.

For the same reason you are, corky. Because I like to talk about basketball.

This board's perfectly fine, I plan on staying. If you don't like reading my posts, then hide them. Or find another board.

It's a big internet, you know.

Reaction Score

This board's perfectly fine, I plan on staying. If you don't like reading my posts, then hide them. Or find another board.

"Hide them" and "...find another board" with Fishy cold spell disaster for not only your posts but.......well, you'll see!;)

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Fishy take it easy on this guy. He obviously doesn't know who you are.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Fishy take it easy on this guy. He obviously doesn't know who you are.

Evidently not, but then that's just strike one for stupidity all by itself.

As to the actual topic, which seems always shunted aside, my take is this: Ollie is closing 4-5 star recruits at about the same rate as Calhoun. Ollie is not identifying the underrated players while they are young, pursuing them early, and turning them into contributors. That was Calhoun's single best skill set in my opinion, identifying and developing talent. Ollie is all over the guys everyone else wants, he doesn't seem to be finding the diamond in the rough. There is still time for that, but it is worrying.

Reaction Score
Evidently not, but then that's just strike one for stupidity all by itself.

As to the actual topic, which seems always shunted aside, my take is this: Ollie is closing 4-5 star recruits at about the same rate as Calhoun. Ollie is not identifying the underrated players while they are young, pursuing them early, and turning them into contributors. That was Calhoun's single best skill set in my opinion, identifying and developing talent. Ollie is all over the guys everyone else wants, he doesn't seem to be finding the diamond in the rough. There is still time for that, but it is worrying.

Scott Burrell recently told a friend of mine that Calhoun was a great recruiter. Shame on me for forgetting that fact. I always think of him as the fiery coach on the sideline with the advantage of being a great game coach. He also made his players better, which is not something all coaches can say. i had lost sight of the fact he was a great recruiter, with a great staff.

Reaction Score

Haha.. good luck man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member