Too early 2018-19 Rankings | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Too early 2018-19 Rankings

Reaction Score
We can agree to disagree. Also, Mississippi State won 3 of the 8 quarters, not just 1 like you mentioned. And the score was 4-2 when Wilson came in off the bench in the SEC Championship...they played a grand total of 3 minutes and 33 seconds before she came in. I also don't see McCowan picking up 2 quick ones next year against SC. She was normally fantastic at avoiding foul trouble, and she learned her lesson after that game. I wouldn't read too much into that.

And Vic has not done well head to head against Dawn, but he's always had less talent to work with than Dawn. This past year was the first time that they were on equal playing fields in regards to talent, and they split the two meetings. The previous year you had Davis, Coates, and Gray (three top 10 picks), plus Wilson...Mississippi State never had comparable talent.

Ultimately, I think this boils down to who you have faith in, Dawn and her players or Vic and his. I personally think Vic is a better coach than Dawn and believe McCowan will be a strong candidate for NPOY, so that's why I have them in my top 10 but do not have SC.
Well ilI think Dawn is a better coach imo, it just seems that she has developed hate from those when her team moved from pretty good to elite. Also, she was beatinv MSU before those girls arri wd as she moved SCAR from the cellar up the SEC leaderboard. She did jot have near the talent she has now and her post players were 5'11 Ashley Bruner and 6'0 Charnee Stephens. These girls made a sweer 16. McCowan still needs work as evidenced by the play drawn by up to tie the game in the National Championship. She has problems scoring with a physical big on her and thrives when she has either smaller than 6'3 posts or a post that only wants to play face up on her. Without sharpshooters she will have to make plays with offensive moves which she did not have to do this year. Also those lack of shooters will also brong more double teams also. SCAR has never allowes her to have her way and Alexis Jennings and Herrigan played her each game not Aja who guarded Vivians. I will stick with my thoughts about next year a d i guess we shall see. Vic is a good coach but imo Dawn still will have more to work with next year.

Reaction Score
I think their guard play will be comparable to SC's this year. Jazzmun Holmes will be less offensive than Ty Harris, but is a better decision maker and takes better care of the ball. None of the returning Mississippi State guards have shown they can shoot, which might be their downfall like it was for SC. I think Danbury makes strides next year in a more prominent role. Same with Bibby.

At the end of the day though, McCowan is an absolute beast and that's the main reason why Mississippi State will still be in the hunt for a Final Four. She changes things on both ends of the court, and there really aren't any players in the country who can compete with her size, strength, and conditioning. She's going to improve in the off season and be even better next year. Combine her inside presence with the athletic quick guards playing perimeter defense, and you'll have one of the best defensive teams in the country once again.

Over the last few years we've seen Vic Schaefer develop talent as well as anyone in the country. I think that trend continues, and we'll see much improved play from players who took on more limited roles this past season. South Carolina has talent on the roster, but I think Vic is much better at developing his players than Dawn, and I think he's better and building a strong team where everyone knows her role and plays within herself. I think Mississippi State is still the team to beat in the SEC next year.

You think Holmes is a better descision maker then Ty?? That's crazy! Ty led the SEC in apg and was second in A:TO ratio, she also was third in spg. IMHO their isn't a comparison between the two. Ty was the best pg in the league as a sophomore and will only get better with two years to go. I'm not as high on Miss St as you are because McCowan can't create her own shot and she isn't as flexible as A'ja. Can she score from the base line or the elbow? Can she take her defender off the dribble? She's going to have a lot of trouble with teams placing defenders in front and behind. A lot to be seen but that's just my ¢0.02.

Reaction Score
Everything we've heard is that Turner stays in South Bend for her senior year of eligibility. MM gave an interview to local papers that the plan is that Brianna moves back to the low post and Shepard goes out to the high post, where Westbeld held court. Notre Dame needed Shepard to be the low post this year, due to the injuries to (first) Turner, then Vaughn. With both of them back, she'll be free to go to a position that will allow her to demonstrate her considerable skills, from spot-up shooting and passing to driving from the top of the lane.

Of the four ACL injuries, Turner and Vaughn are coming back; Mychal Johnson and Lili Thompson are not.
Westbeld really came through and stepped up
As much as I dislike ND and McGraw, that blow-out will not be repeated next year. ND won't let that happen again.
Correct. L’ville caught ND with no pg or Turner and had the players and execution defensively to take advantage of Mabry in both games. This year was their chance to catch you short handed and go for the jugular. The first game Walz kept his starters in until 2 to 3 minutes remaining out of a healthy respect of ND’s come back ability and L’ville’s penchant for letting up with big leads leading into that game.

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
You think Holmes is a better descision maker then Ty?? That's crazy! Ty led the SEC in apg and was second in A:TO ratio, she also was third in spg. IMHO their isn't a comparison between the two. Ty was the best pg in the league as a sophomore and will only get better with two years to go. I'm not as high on Miss St as you are because McCowan can't create her own shot and she isn't as flexible as A'ja. Can she score from the base line or the elbow? Can she take her defender off the dribble? She's going to have a lot of trouble with teams placing defenders in front and behind. A lot to be seen but that's just my ¢0.02.

Holmes has a better A/TO ratio than Harris and also averages more steals/minute than Harris while shooting a better percentage from the field. I'm not saying she's a better player, I don't think she is, but she's a very strong point guard on both sides of the ball who will do a good job of manning the position. They really don't lose much at all going from Holmes to William. My main point was that their guard situation is going to be similar to SC's this past year, as in they have guards who can make good decisions and are capable of scoring but struggle shooting from the outside and at the end of the day, that likely is their shortcoming. We saw Connecticut completely sag off the SC guards in March and all of the perimeter players were afraid to shoot open 15-20 jumpers. I wouldn't be surprised if other teams utilize a similar defense on Mississippi State next near due to similar issues.

McCowan is a different player from A'ja, I'm not expecting her to develop into a polished offensive threat. That said, she is FAR better inside than anyone on SC. As long as Mississippi State isn't hoisting deep threes that lead to long rebounds, McCowan is going to feast on the boards and hit a ton of putbacks even if she isn't creating her own shot like Wilson did. Also keep in mind the strides McCowan made from her first year to her 2nd to her 3rd. No one expected her to be the player she was this season, and it's naive to think she isn't going to make big strides again in the offseason. She still has perhaps more upside than anyone else in the country with her frame, strength and good hands. If she stays aggressive she can single handily keep Mississippi State in games even without good production from guards.

Reaction Score
If UConn goes undefeated with a team whose biggest post presence is an undersized small forward, and who has no obvious choice for starting 2-guard or bench production, it'll be his best coaching performance ever.

BTW, you left out Baylor in your teams of contenders. Cox could be a POY challenger and Brown certainly will be. Two talented sophomores that actually got time in big moments this year (Richards, Morris) plus a healthy Chou who can really shoot give them a top-5 team. Add in the #1 rated class with multiple, potential impact players (Decosta, Egbo) and their upside is enormous.
I think Geno's best coaching job will depend on his ability to use unproven players in the starting lineup. He may have a tendency to totally wear out the returning starters, limiting their playoff effectiveness. I will always wonder if Lou, Crystal, etc. had some rest during the season and in the playoff games, how the last two NCAA's would have come out.

Reaction Score
Holmes has a better A/TO ratio than Harris and also averages more steals/minute than Harris while shooting a better percentage from the field. I'm not saying she's a better player, I don't think she is, but she's a very strong point guard on both sides of the ball who will do a good job of manning the position. They really don't lose much at all going from Holmes to William. My main point was that their guard situation is going to be similar to SC's this past year, as in they have guards who can make good decisions and are capable of scoring but struggle shooting from the outside and at the end of the day, that likely is their shortcoming. We saw Connecticut completely sag off the SC guards in March and all of the perimeter players were afraid to shoot open 15-20 jumpers. I wouldn't be surprised if other teams utilize a similar defense on Mississippi State next near due to similar issues.

McCowan is a different player from A'ja, I'm not expecting her to develop into a polished offensive threat. That said, she is FAR better inside than anyone on SC. As long as Mississippi State isn't hoisting deep threes that lead to long rebounds, McCowan is going to feast on the boards and hit a ton of putbacks even if she isn't creating her own shot like Wilson did. Also keep in mind the strides McCowan made from her first year to her 2nd to her 3rd. No one expected her to be the player she was this season, and it's naive to think she isn't going to make big strides again in the offseason. She still has perhaps more upside than anyone else in the country with her frame, strength and good hands. If she stays aggressive she can single handily keep Mississippi State in games even without good production from guards.

Which is why she only scored a grand total of 15 points agaisnt SC in two matchups right? Let's not forget she was guarded by Alexis Jennings in both matchups not A'ja. Granted she did have 20 rebounds in Starkville, she only had 6 in the second matchup. She also shot just 6/15 in both matchups. That is not what I would call dominant. And with less weapons to open up the floor for her next year I expect she will be shut down. We can always agree to disagree though.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Updating this with Howard's transfer:
1. Notre Dame-this will be one of Notre Dame's most talented rosters ever. The starting 5 will likely be 4 seniors (Turner, Shepard, Ogunbowale, Mabrey) and 1 junior (Young). If they can stay healthy, they'll be very very good. And if they have injuries, they'll still be very very good knowing Muffet. Adding in Turner means Shepard can move to the high post which brings a whole new dimension to the roster.

2. UCONN-another ridiculously stacked roster for UCONN comes in. Two 2x All Americans, 2 other #1 recruits, one of the better PGs in the country in Dangerfield, plus another top 5 freshman and you have the most top heavy roster in the country. UCONN's biggest concerns are depth and defense. They lose 2 DPOYs in Nurse/Williams who were lockdown defenders, and you lose Stevens who was a game changer off the bench with her size and ability to finish inside. That said, UCONN has gone 188-3 over the last 5 years so I don't expect them to go anywhere.

3. Oregon-I still think they're a year away from being a title favorite, but a Final Four should be the expectation next year. Everyone but Bando returns, plus they bring in an exceptional shooter in Erin Boley. The trio of Sabally, Ionescu and Hebard will give opposing coaches nightmares.

4. Baylor-Kalani Brown will be a POY favorite next year and Cox should be an All American. Those two alone make Baylor a title threat. Their major loss is outstanding PG Kristy Wallace but they have a nice freshman PG in Morris who will bring a different dimension in a starting role. They bring in a monster class, plus Jackson from LSU...this roster will require a lot of juggling by Mulkey to keep everyone happy. Baylor has been a notorious underachiever for 6 straight years now....can they finally break the Final Four curse in Brown's last year? I'm thinking yes, but I also thought they'd comfortably make the Final Four the last 3 seasons...

5. Mississippi State-Plain and simple, I expect them to win the rebounding battle every single game next season now that Howard is on board. I don't expect Mississippi State to go 37-2 this year, but I think they'll be back in the Final Four mix. They have one of the best coaches in the country and one of the best players in Teaira McCowan, who could be the POY in 2018-19. Holmes is incredibly solid at the point even if she isn't spectacular. They do need someone to emerge as a perimeter scoring threat who can get their own shot, but I think Mississippi State will be the class of the SEC once again.

6. Louisville-Asia Durr is back along with her entire team sans Hines-Allen. The frontcourt will be fine with Fuerhing and Shook. Their trio of guards (Jones/Carter/Evans) have huge upside and could make Louisville a contender if they can consistently make shots like they did in the semifinals. 2017-18 was by far the best coaching job of Walz's career--I'm curious to see if he can keep it up.

7. Texas-On paper this team is absolutely loaded. They have a ton of question marks though. How will Sutton or Patterson step up at PG and replace McCarty? Can Holmes return to freshman form after a tough sophomore year? How will Williams fit in at the 2? How does Karen distribute front court minutes? I expect Texas to be streaky like they've been the last several years. When they play well, they are capable of beating anyone, but when they play lazy, they can lose to some bad teams. Coaching is going to make or break the Horns this year, and I've been underwhelmed by Aston the last few seasons.

8. Maryland-they were a better team this year than I expected. For all the flack she gets, Brenda is actually a pretty good coach. Everyone is back besides Confroy, and they bring in the #3 recruit in Shakira Austin who should stabilize the frontcourt. Kaila Charles is VERY good.

9. Oregon State-I think Rueck is one of the best coaches in the country and he has Slocum on the team and a top 10 recruit coming in. They also return everyone but Gulich from this year's team. I'd look for them to give Oregon a run for their money in the PAC.

10. South Carolina-It'll be a very different look for SC this year without a Wilson or Coates type dominating that paint. They'll be loaded with guards but lack consistent producers in the front court. Also--is there any confirmation that Jennings is coming back? Dawn's a good coach and will make the Gamecocks competitive.

Teams in potential free fall include:

Tennessee-they sign another top 5 class but they lose their 2 best players and have Holly coaching arguably her last talented team ever. That's scary.

Duke-they lose their top 2 players and I don't see anyone waiting in the wings to make up the massive void left by Brown/Greenwell.

Ohio State-if they finish in the top half of the Big Ten, I'll be impressed. McGuff just wasted 4 years with Kelsey Mitchell (and 2 with Mavunga/Harper).....they likely plummet out of the national picture and struggle to compete in the B1G.

UCLA-no Final Fours for their #1 recruiting class, they still haven't talent but I don't expect to see them in any Final Four discussions next year.

Texas A&M-I wouldn't say free fall, but they lose a ton in Howard, Williams and Hillman. Carter can be sensational, but she can also really struggle from the floor too and play 1 on 5 instead of getting teammates involved. Blair to needs to help her improve that area of her game or A&M could have a tough year.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
I would put Stanford in the top ten instead of Maryland. I would have Louisville higher. Other than that, a really good job of compiling.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Notre Dame
Baylor
Oregon
Louisville
Mississippi State
UConn

Siestakeyfan

Sailing at Block Island Race Week
Reaction Score
Jere Longman wrote about "parity" today, and he's right. But a two-tiered parity. The very best teams are separated from the rest: these five: Notre Dame, Baylor, Connecticut, Oregon, Louisville, Texas. They're all recruiting the best players, and they're beating most everyone else most games. UConn for a couple of years now has not had the greatest recruiting time. Walker disappointed, and I'm sure she would agree. The other three recruits this year, one of which departed, were likewise not up to their rankings. So, too, for the non-Dangerfield recruits a year ago.

Will Crystal and ONO save reverse the trouble in the FF, and compensate for Kia's and Gabby's departure? Will Azure remain? Clearly, we will go into next season without a bench, or with a bench that can only contribute with a major advance in the off-season.

On the other hand, the other top five will arrive with some major talent. The proof of the pudding in terms of parity is what's happened the past couple of years.

We're not guaranteed another romp to the Final Four, and we're not going to be a 3:1 favorite for the championship next year either.

Times have changed.

Games are more international rules - More Physical, disruptive

Reaction Score
I am not quite sure I would put MS State a top 5 team even with Howard but it may put us in the top 10. Prior to her announcement I figured we were in for a 10 to 15 finish, top 3 SEC type season. She puts us a little more solidly ahead of a couple of teams but I look at ND, UConn, Oregon, Baylor, TX, and Louisville as being the class of the country and I don't think anyone can ever sleep on SC, Oregon State or Stanford.

I try to be realistic and we all know injuries come out of nowhere and change the fortune for a lot of teams. MS State was fortunate to avoid injury last season given their lack of depth overall.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I am not quite sure I would put MS State a top 5 team even with Howard but it may put us in the top 10. ...

I try to be realistic and we all know injuries come out of nowhere and change the fortune for a lot of teams. MS State was fortunate to avoid injury last season given their lack of depth overall.

That defense and what will likely be one of the two best rebounding teams in the country (with Baylor) by a mile will win a ton of games.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
That defense and what will likely be one of the two best rebounding teams in the country (with Baylor) by a mile will win a ton of games.

Agreed. I may have jumped the gun by putting them ahead of Louisville, but I'm not convinced Louisville will put together another great year like they did this past season. On a possession by possession game, I just don't see many teams beating Mississippi State because:
1. They play outstanding defense. Teams will have a difficult time making shots against them.
2. They're going to dominate the glass with Howard and McCowan. Opposing teams will not get many second chances.
3. They don't turn the ball over. They were 3rd in the nation in turnovers per game in 2017-18. I don't expect a repeat with all 3 starting guards graduating, but Holmes had an outstanding A/TO ration and the team overall will still be strong in this area.
4. They rarely get into foul trouble. Aside from the two games they lost, McCowan stayed out of foul trouble virtually all season, and Mississippi State only fouled 14.5 times per game. On the flip side, they were one of the most prolific teams in the country at getting to the line.

Even if the offense struggles, Mississippi State will get so many second chances to score and will still have a top rate defense....that alone will allow them to win most games against teams that aren't in the top 5.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Vic may want to keep games in the 50s or 60s.

Twenty-nine percent of Miss State's shots last season were 3-pointers and they shot a decent 39%. Miss State made 273 three-pointers last season and 257 (92%) of them graduated. I don't see anyone on the roster who is going to make up for the shooting of Vivians, Shaeffer and Johnson. Chloe Bibby made 15 threes last season while Holmes and Danbury made 1 each and someone named Nyah Tate made 4.

As CD once said about Tennessee back in the day: "It's not the first shot in their offense we're worried about." McCowan and Howard will have plenty of opportunities for points off of offensive rebounds but that's not going to win championships.

Reaction Score
Revised in light of AZ's departure and further thought
  1. Notre Dame - Return 4 of 5 starters + add 2 injured Fs + 2 top 20 HS recruits
  2. Oregon - Ionescu & Hebard return. Lose Bando but add transfer Boley.
  3. Baylor - Lose Kristy Wallace & Cohen but Brown, Cox, Morris back + THREE top 5 HS
  4. UConn - Big losses of GW & KN but return 4 of 6
  5. Louisville - Lose Hines-Allen but rest back.
  6. Oregon St - Lose Gulich but add Slocum
  7. Texas - Lose top 2 but next 4 are back + 2 top 10 HS.
  8. Mizzou - Return 5 of top 6
  9. Maryland - Return 4 of 5 starters + top 15 HS
  10. Arizona St - Everyone back.
Next -- Georgia, Miss St, NC State, So Carolina, Stanford, Syracuse, West Virginia

Revised in light this summer's changes (Who has had the best off-season so far?):
  1. Notre Dame - Return 4 of 5 starters + add 2 injured Fs + 2 top 20 HS recruits
  2. Baylor - Lose Kristy Wallace/Cohen/Chou but Brown, Cox, Morris back + THREE top 5 HS + Jackson from LSU
  3. Oregon - Ionescu & Hebard return. Lose Bando/McGwire but add transfer Boley.
  4. UConn - Big losses of GW, KN, AS but return 3 starters
  5. Louisville - Lose Hines-Allen but rest back. Add Diop (Pitt).
  6. Texas - Lose top 2 & Boothe but next 4 are back + 2 top 10 HS. Add Williams (TAMU).
  7. Oregon St - Lose Gulich but add Slocum
  8. Miss St - Return McCowan, add Howard (TAMU).
  9. Mizzou - Return 4 of top 6
  10. Maryland - Return 4 of 5 starters + top 15 HS
  11. Arizona St - Everyone back except Haines. Add PN#2 non-US player (Junio)
  12. Georgia - return 4/6 + add Staiti (MD), 2 top50 HS
Next: Syracuse - return everyone, So Carolina, NC St, Stanford

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Revised in light this summer's changes (Who has had the best off-season so far?):
  2. Baylor - Lose Kristy Wallace/Cohen/Chou but Brown, Cox, Morris back + THREE top 5 HS + Jackson from LSU
  3. Oregon - Ionescu & Hebard return. Lose Bando/McGwire but add transfer Boley.
  4. UConn - Big losses of GW, KN, AS but return 3 starters
  5. Louisville - Lose Hines-Allen but rest back. Add Diop (Pitt).
  6. Texas - Lose top 2 & Boothe but next 4 are back + 2 top 10 HS. Add Williams (TAMU).
  7. Oregon St - Lose Gulich but add Slocum
  8. Miss St - Return McCowan, add Howard (TAMU).
  9. Mizzou - Return 4 of top 6
  10. Maryland - Return 4 of 5 starters + top 15 HS
  11. Arizona St - Everyone back except Haines. Add PN#2 non-US player (Junio)
  12. Georgia - return 4/6 + add Staiti (MD), 2 top50 HS
Next: Syracuse - return everyone, So Carolina, NC St, Stanford

South Carolina returns 4 of 5 starters from last season. Adds Nelly Perry, Te’a Cooper, BCM and top 10 freshman but doesn’t crack the top 12:confused:

Couple of thoughts:
1. Georgia and Missouri lose key components and neither team has a consistent offense to make it to the sweet 16.
2. Arizona St was decent but they won’t be better than Stanford and I’m not sure I’m ready to say Oregon St will be either.
3. Miss St doesn’t have shooters. Teams will sag off big time and if they don’t have a zone buster, they will be in big time trouble.
4. Unlike most these teams SC doesn’t back down from anyone. SC plays Maryland, Baylor, Duke, Purdue, UCONN, and possibly Oregon St. plenty of opportunity to showcase they belong among the elite
5. IM JUST READY FOR THE SEASON TO START!!!!! :mad:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
2. Arizona St was decent but they won’t be better than Stanford and I’m not sure I’m ready to say Oregon St will be either.

Will be interesting to see who is Oregon's main competition for the conference crown. Stanford has more talent on paper but most of their McD's AA the last 2 years haven't lived up to billing so far (really Kiana Williams is the only 1; Carrington was decent last year but Fingall, Dodson and Wilson have been collectively unproductive). Gulich and McPhee are both big losses for their respective teams. For OSU the big question is if adding the top notch PG they lacked last year can offset the loss of a dominant post player, and for Stanford can they get more consistent scoring from players other than Smith and Williams.

Reaction Score
So do the Cleveland Cavaliers

So you think other teams returning starters will be more valuable than SC’s? most those teams you mentioned didn’t make the elite 8.

Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see who is Oregon's main competition for the conference crown. Stanford has more talent on paper but most of their McD's AA the last 2 years haven't lived up to billing so far (really Kiana Williams is the only 1; Carrington was decent last year but Fingall, Dodson and Wilson have been collectively unproductive). Gulich and McPhee are both big losses for their respective teams. For OSU the big question is if adding the top notch PG they lacked last year can offset the loss of a dominant post player, and for Stanford can they get more consistent scoring from players other than Smith and Williams.

They also add Jenna Brown and the Hull twins. I think they will have a solid squad. Dodson and Williams had a year to grow and everyone else is a year older. I think Tara will have her team better prepared compared to last year.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
??????????as of March 31, 2018??????????????????

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
They also add Jenna Brown and the Hull twins. I think they will have a solid squad. Dodson and Williams had a year to grow and everyone else is a year older. I think Tara will have her team better prepared compared to last year.

I'm not sure how much Lacie will play early on but I'm interested to see how Lexie does. Wilson has had a hard time finding minutes (and avoiding injuries) during her 2 years in Palo Alto, if Brown moves ahead of her in the rotation she might be out in the cold.

Her stats weren't eye popping but I think Stanford is going to miss Kaylee Johnson more than people realize. Tough rebounder and defender, not sure who takes on that role. Maybe Fingall but she hasn't been a consistent producer for 2 years now.

I'm not saying Stanford won't be good. They haven't finished lower than 3rd in the conference since '86-'87, Tara's second year there. That's not a fluke. Last year started off rough and they turned it around. There are definitely plenty of good players to work with, but there are questions to be answered as well.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how much Lacie will play early on but I'm interested to see how Lexie does. Wilson has had a hard time finding minutes (and avoiding injuries) during her 2 years in Palo Alto, if Brown moves ahead of her in the rotation she might be out in the cold.

Her stats weren't eye popping but I think Stanford is going to miss Kaylee Johnson more than people realize. Tough rebounder and defender, not sure who takes on that role. Maybe Fingall but she hasn't been a consistent producer for 2 years now.

I'm not saying Stanford won't be good. They haven't finished lower than 3rd in the conference since '86-'87, Tara's second year there. That's not a fluke. Last year started off rough and they turned it around. There are definitely plenty of good players to work with, but there are questions to be answered as well.
I always appreciate people giving Kaylee Johnson credit. You are right, her stats weren't the best except for rebounding. I was hoping she would have developed a little bit more offensively. She is from Casper WY, so I live a really short distance from her. I remember her senior year she led the state in assists because by that time everyone was double or triple teaming her. 6'3" coordinated girls aren't common in Wyoming. I was so surprised when she committed to Stanford. Robbi Ryan of ASU is also a Wyoming native. These players had to travel to far places in order to be on AAU teams that actually had college coaches watching them. I'll always root for Wyomingites!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'll always root for Wyomingites!

I couldn't think of her name, had to google it, but I remembered a previous Wyoming women's bball player that went to Stanford: Kristen Newlin. From Riverton.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom