Too early 2018-19 Rankings | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Too early 2018-19 Rankings

Reaction Score
I couldn't think of her name, had to google it, but I remembered a previous Wyoming women's bball player that went to Stanford: Kristen Newlin. From Riverton.
I have never heard of her, so I did some research. WOW. I could not imagine a player with her size in Wyoming. Being 6' tall makes you a post player here for girls basketball. Heck, 6'5" makes you a post player for boys high school basketball. How neat that Tara found both of them.

Reaction Score
PN#6 Sedona Prince 6'7" broke her leg and is out for the season for TX. :(

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I have never heard of her, so I did some research. WOW. I could not imagine a player with her size in Wyoming. Being 6' tall makes you a post player here for girls basketball. Heck, 6'5" makes you a post player for boys high school basketball. How neat that Tara found both of them.

She wasn't a star but a decent player. Formed a nice front court duo w/ Brooke Smith when she transferred from Duke. This preceded a serious talent infusion when they started getting the likes of Appel, the Ogwumikes and Pedersen.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
PN#6 Sedona Prince 6'7" broke her leg and is out for the season for TX. :(

Sorry to hear for Prince...hope she recovers well. Texas should be fine with Holmes/Collier/White inside. Prince should have a good opportunity to get big minutes next year with White graduating.

Reaction Score
Sorry to hear for Prince...hope she recovers well. Texas should be fine with Holmes/Collier/White inside. Prince should have a good opportunity to get big minutes next year with White graduating.

At least it spreads out the talent, however will this hurt them towards other class of 19 prospects in the post? Prince will now play all 4 years with them.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
At least it spreads out the talent, however will this hurt them towards other class of 19 prospects in the post? Prince will now play all 4 years with them.

I don't think it changes things a ton...any 2019 kids knew they'd have 3 years with Collier and Prince both likely ahead of them on the depth chart which probably pushes them to look elsewhere. Now it's 4 years with Prince, 3 with Collier. Texas should be set in the paint for a while.

Reaction Score
I don't think it changes things a ton...any 2019 kids knew they'd have 3 years with Collier and Prince both likely ahead of them on the depth chart which probably pushes them to look elsewhere. Now it's 4 years with Prince, 3 with Collier. Texas should be set in the paint for a while.

That's kinda what I meant. So other 6'3 6'4 4/5's may look elsewhere now knowing starting Freshman year they will be competing with a Sr, So, & a 6'7 Fresh. I mean hope it helps other schools in the running for those post. Especially BU :)

Reaction Score
- Pheesa will be unstoppable next year 20 plus a game.
- Lou will be back stronger and have that mindset Stewie had her senior year (grown women playing against little girls 20 plus points.
- Crystal will finally make it her Moriah Jefferson status 15 plus points and season record holder for assists also our guard defensive stopper.
- Megan will show us what we’ve been missing out on and she’ll finally be involved in the offense 15 plus points a game and I think she will lead us in rebounds (I’m seeing a lot of double doubles and possibly our baby Maya Moore).
- Tooly always played hard the little time she got to play. She has the potential to have a 10 plus game a night and out big body in the middle.
- Coombs will be a confident guard who will help take pressure off Crystal and make big plays 7 plus points right here.
- Lexis will be our secret weapon. She’ll become a better shooter and faster player 7 plus points.
- Kyla will be stronger and a player that wants the ball.
- Molly
- Our Freshmen will live up to the hype and one of them will be national freshmen of year.
I agree up to the first three players, then you get seriously carried away.
That's 79 points per game with both Pheesa and KLS at only twenty each without the two freshman of the year, one of whom you predict will be national freshman of the year.
I'd say it would be quite good MW averages 10 points, 6-9 rebounds and becomes a solid, consistent 4th or 5th choice.
Tooly will be healthier hopefully and will be a good support player at best.
Hopefully Coombs will he healthy and be a decent backup to CD. Lexi it remains to be seen what she brings, maybe a jump from last year, more likely a few steps.
Kyla will contribute on and off the court.
The two freshman will have to play meaningful minutes and contribute as the season progresses. It's possible one might be an option for national freshman of the year.
Might be a good idea to lower your individual expectations s bit after the Big Three.
Bronx23

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
She wasn't a star but a decent player. Formed a nice front court duo w/ Brooke Smith when she transferred from Duke. This preceded a serious talent infusion when they started getting the likes of Appel, the Ogwumikes and Pedersen.
Kristen Newlin is now Kristen Nevin (adopted that name after becoming a Hungarian citizen to play basketball for them). She went to Europe to play in the pro league there after college. She was a solid, role player at Stanford, as was Johnson.

Reaction Score
I'm giddy about Oregon State next year. Rueck's #1 job is to get production (Defense, Rebounding, passing, scoring) from his 6'7", 6'8", & 6'9" BIGS. I have heard from many that Destiny Slocum was the best OSU player in the 2017-18 season (even if it was only on the practice court). Beavers return seasoned players, and are going to have the same amazing 3-point shooters back. I think the PAC12 is again going to represent in the NCAA Tournament next year. ASU, OSU, & Stanford will be a tough out every game, and, UO should be tagged the favorite next season. Let's get this party started!!!!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I'm giddy about Oregon State next year. Rueck's #1 job is to get production (Defense, Rebounding, passing, scoring) from his 6'7", 6'8", & 6'9" BIGS. I have heard from many that Destiny Slocum was the best OSU player in the 2017-18 season (even if it was only on the practice court). Beavers return seasoned players, and are going to have the same amazing 3-point shooters back. I think the PAC12 is again going to represent in the NCAA Tournament next year. ASU, OSU, & Stanford will be a tough out every game, and, UO should be tagged the favorite next season. Let's get this party started!!!!

I want to see what Adía Barnes does with Arizona. They get some great transfers eligible (McDonald and McBride) and have a very good freshman class coming in this season. I expect the wildcats to climb the PAC-12 over the next 1-3 seasons. Can’t wait for the PAC-12 season to start. Friday nights are exciting!!

bballnut90

Reaction Score

Ionescu vs. Slocum will be a great showdown. Rueck did a fantastic job with Gulich and Hamblin, I think he'll make these big girls into good players, question is can they get up to speed this year or will it take a full year or two?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I want to see what Adía Barnes does with Arizona. They get some great transfers eligible (McDonald and McBride) and have a very good freshman class coming in this season. I expect the wildcats to climb the PAC-12 over the next 1-3 seasons. Can’t wait for the PAC-12 season to start. Friday nights are exciting!!

Like last year, predicting the Pac 12 will be interesting. Oregon is a safe pick to win the conference again. Oregon St., Stanford and Arizona St. should be in the upper third. After that, it gets more speculative. UCLA should fall, but how far? How much will Arizona rise? Can Cal ride Anigwe's Sr. year to finish in the top 3-4? Colorado and Utah are usually hard to predict. USC will miss Simon A LOT and Edwards as well, but adds the older Moore sister. Hard to see them improving much with what they lost. Washington St. might bump Washington out of the cellar this season.

I was sorry to see her leave but I'm interested to see how McDonald does at UA. Dang, if she had stayed UW would have one heck of a dynamic back court duo with her and Melgoza.

Reaction Score
Ionescu vs. Slocum will be a great showdown. Rueck did a fantastic job with Gulich and Hamblin, I think he'll make these big girls into good players, question is can they get up to speed this year or will it take a full year or two?
That is really, the only question for Oregon State. If Rueck gets solid production from his BIGS early, rather than late in the season, Beavers can win PAC12. At all other positions, Beavers are deep & talented.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Like last year, predicting the Pac 12 will be interesting. Oregon is a safe pick to win the conference again. Oregon St., Stanford and Arizona St. should be in the upper third. After that, it gets more speculative. UCLA should fall, but how far? How much will Arizona rise? Can Cal ride Anigwe's Sr. year to finish in the top 3-4? Colorado and Utah are usually hard to predict. USC will miss Simon A LOT and Edwards as well, but adds the older Moore sister. Hard to see them improving much with what they lost. Washington St. might bump Washington out of the cellar this season.

I was sorry to see her leave but I'm interested to see how McDonald does at UA. Dang, if she had stayed UW would have one heck of a dynamic back court duo with her and Melgoza.

Cal picks up another scoring PG which is something they sorely need in Reece Caldwell. That should help. Caldwell and Asha Thomas in the backcourt could be a positive.

Reaction Score
UCLA returns some solid players. I think they are very underlooked. Michaela Onyenwere, Lajahna Drummer, Kennedy Burke, Japrece Dean, and Chantel Horvat could still be a very solid starting 5. I think Arizona still needs time. This was a good recruiting class but it will require a year for them to make a serious jump IMO. Washington State lost a few transfers I believe.

Reaction Score
Mississippi State also looking very good in Italy. Beat a TK Hannover team by a similar score to Baylor (I think they score 5 less pts and gave up 3 more). McCowan had 23 and 14 and played very few second half minutes.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
UCLA returns some solid players. I think they are very underlooked. Michaela Onyenwere, Lajahna Drummer, Kennedy Burke, Japrece Dean, and Chantel Horvat could still be a very solid starting 5. I think Arizona still needs time. This was a good recruiting class but it will require a year for them to make a serious jump IMO. Washington State lost a few transfers I believe.

UCLA definitely still has talent. I think Onyenwere in particular is the most intriguing, she had some really good games as a Fr. But losing Canada and Billings is a lot to overcome.

I think Washington St. lost 6 players between graduation and transfers. Hristova and the oldest Molina gives them some scoring punch still but they weren't very good last year and it's a rebuilding project with a new coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom