Tony Stubblefield Fired | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Tony Stubblefield Fired

Reaction Score
As piss poor as the Demon Deacons have been most years dating back to Ray Meyer, we live in interesting times. Think NIL.

NFW DePaul doesn’t have successful alumni and other supporters tired of their team sukcing. Sure, they need a capable head coach, staff, and the practice facilities undergoing enhancements. However, competitive NIL investments could potentially make a massive, quick difference. Or maybe not, time will tell.
You have to wonder. They had under 3000 at the Providence game. I have to think successful alumni have moved on to other sorts of giving like maybe academic buildings. They have been irrelevant for so long it is possible that nobody cares. Plus it will take more than a good coach to make them more than an afterthought. They will need a Calhoun level guy. There are maybe 1 of those every generation or 2.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Wade will have better options, the fit at Louisville is almost too perfect.

My only real question is, does DePaul have the patience for a program builder type? It might be what they need, but I could see them go after a “quick fix” option because they’ve been terrible for so long.
Heard Louisville doesn’t want Wade’s baggage. DePaul needs a home run hire.

Reaction Score
Porter Mosier eying the Big East too.
That name reminded me of Josh Pastner for some reason. After Memphis he was at Ga Tech for 7 years with only a conference championship to show for it, somehow. covid effect? Current coach is Damon Stoudamire. I don't think Pastner is coaching but probably not who DePaul needs. I perused the Tech message board where there is no love for louisville and they discussed DePaul.

Ga Tech had a stretch back in the day when UConn was rising where Tech seemed to be a guard factory

Kenny Anderson
Jon Barry
Malcom Mackey
Fred Vinson
Travis Best
Stephon Marbury
Drew Barry

Reaction Score
That name reminded me of Josh Pastner for some reason. After Memphis he was at Ga Tech for 7 years with only a conference championship to show for it, somehow. covid effect? Current coach is Damon Stoudamire. I don't think Pastner is coaching but probably not who DePaul needs. I perused the Tech message board where there is no love for louisville and they discussed DePaul.

Ga Tech had a stretch back in the day when UConn was rising where Tech seemed to be a guard factory

Kenny Anderson
Jon Barry
Malcom Mackey
Fred Vinson
Travis Best
Stephon Marbury
Drew Barry
Pastner is working for ESPN, I saw him doing studio work during "feast week" earlier in the season

Reaction Score
Maybe DePaul can hire co coaches Indiana St. head coach Josh Schertz and George Mason head coach Tony Skinn. It's a pickup basketball dream team.
Wow.

This is a top-ten all-time Boneyard post.

Hats off, @QDOG5

Reaction Score
Pastner is working for ESPN, I saw him doing studio work during "feast week" earlier in the season
I just read he lives in Atlanta and commutes to Stamford

"Pastner still lives in Atlanta but commutes to Stamford, Connecticut, for NBC/Peacock studio shows or any game he is assigned to by ESPN/CBSSN in a given week"

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
@Hey Adrien!, Thanks:) There is an English pro golfer named David Skinns. Wrong sport unfortunately.

Reaction Score
Everyone has been talking about Cronin for Louisville.

I think Wade would be a home run for Depaul. Maybe the best option available.

Reaction Score

"Pastner still lives in Atlanta but commutes to Stamford, Connecticut, for NBC/Peacock studio shows or any game he is assigned to by ESPN/CBSSN in a given week"

He was on last night.
edit: haha he’s on espn right now

Last edited:
Reaction Score
DePaul AD should show up to different college games throughout the rest of the season like a coach scouting recruits at AAU events.

Reaction Score

God I wish I could be a disgraced and fired coach. Imagine how cushy a job with NBC must be if youre OK with the commute from Atlanta to Stamford. Fired coach turned analyst must be awesome

Reaction Score

It appears Bobby Hurley is more of a candidate than we all thought

I mean I guess if you’re able to get the DePaul program to so much as show a pulse, you can likely leverage that into a bigger job pretty quickly, but man does that seem unlikely.

Reaction Score
I mean I guess if you’re able to get the DePaul program to so much as show a pulse, you can likely leverage that into a bigger job pretty quickly, but man does that seem unlikely.
Yeah it still feels unlikely to me. Even if (when?) he gets fired this off-season it seems like he could probably do better than DePaul

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Hurley has one year at most left in Tempe, and he may not get a full season next year if he survives this offseason. If DePaul can shake down the local business community for NIL, DePaul could be a decent job.

People need to think of jobs as pre and post Transfer Portal/NIL. History is a factor, but is not dispositive.

Reaction Score
I have significant doubts. Chicago has shown for quite a while that they truly could not care less about DePaul.
This. Not really a college town. Or if it is it is a BIG 10 one. Loyola was a thing for a while but that was more because they were the little guy. Sort of like if Fairfield or Quinnipiac made a deep run. Everyone would be supporting them for a few weeks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom