Tony Bennett Retiring (effective immediately) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Tony Bennett Retiring (effective immediately)

Reaction Score
I find it comical that most of you act like you know, Tony Bennett. I have had the opportunity of meeting and he is a man of great integrity and ethical standards. He turned around a putrid basketball program, run into the ground by the little leprechaun and Jeff Jones. I put more credence in what his past players and current players have to say about him. You can make all kind of noise you want about the date he resigned, but none of you have ever will walk in his shoes.

What the man says about the state of college basketball is not without merit. We basically have an arms race. Football paved the way and basketball is following along. When guys like Bennett and Jay Wright walk away maybe some of you might think a little bit more. It’s not about paying athletes… Lord knows they deserve it. Mark my words, athletics will be even more unrecognizable within five years. Conferences like the big east don’t have the money to compete with the likes of the SEC and big 10. Not only do they have extraordinary advantages and TV money but also very deep pocket Donors. Coach Hurley and his staff are able to overcome that now...for how long?

I also didn’t hear all that much about Calhoun departing… And don’t give me the timing of each of your decisions.
“I find it comical most of you act like you know Tony Bennett. I shook his hand once!”

Reaction Score
Good article from Matt Norlander. I wonder how many more coaches step down because of all the stuff going on in college athletics?

"Until there's parameters, I know I can't do it, and that's the whole deal here," he told CBS Sports. "I think sometimes you almost talk yourself into things as you're doing it. Like, I can do this. I am equipped. We can adjust. And you kind of tell yourself certain stuff and you start believing. Yep, I can. But when you kind of step back and look. Can I be as effective as I need to be? Am I fully aligned with how it has to be for this university, for these young men? Can I give everything, can we build a program in this way, or is it, is my way more designed for the old model?"

Reaction Score
All these coaches are quitting because they can't deal with the new parameters of college basketball, meanwhile Dan Hurley just keeps winning championships

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom