Tonight is another test...we are 1-1-1 so far | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tonight is another test...we are 1-1-1 so far

Reaction Score
I think this team can get an at large bid but not what I was referring to. Is our season over because we lost today?
Have you read the thread? According to some of our fans this game was a “must win”

Reaction Score
Have you read the thread? According to some of our fans this game was a “must win”
Yeah I just edited my post as you were typing that, my bad. Think I misread your first few posts

Reaction Score
We’ve made progress, we’re definitely on our way. But we aren’t ready

Reaction Score
I think this team can get an at large bid but not what I was referring to. Is our season over because we lost today?

Edit: ignore me, I think you were arguing the opposite
Yes. Toast.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They sucked tonight. Full stop. Abominable.

Reaction Score
no one who said this was a must win thinks the season is now "over" in the literal sense....there are still 18 regular season games to be played. you even acknowledged "must win" could refer to a realistic shot at an at-large bid, and from that perspective the season may very well be over. but no one defines "must win" as literally as you do
But I was told we couldn’t have a successful season without an at large bid. So if the season can no longer be successful isn’t it over?

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
first time seeing uconn this season. was surprised at how meh they were. maybe just a bad night.

though i dont think much of hurley. reminds me too much of micky. but he does recruit a lot better than mick. so idk.

Reaction Score
But I was told we couldn’t have a successful season without an at large bid. So if the season can no longer be successful isn’t it over?

even if the season is over from a tourney perspective that still doesnt mean we "pack our bags." there are still 18+ games to play

Reaction Score
even if the season is over from a tourney perspective that still doesnt mean we "pack our bags." there are still 18+ games to play
So we can still have a successful season is what you’re telling me?

Reaction Score
youre just manufacturing a semantic dispute
No I’m not. I was told anything less than an at large bid would be an unsuccessful season. It’s ok to say you disagree with that sentiment lmaoo. It’s asinine

Reaction Score
No I’m not. I was told anything less than an at large bid would be an unsuccessful season. It’s ok to say you disagree with that sentiment lmaoo. It’s asinine

whether or not anything less than an at large bid constitutes a successful season is subjective. thats a debate worth having. but you were arguing about the definition of "must win" and what exactly losing a "must win" game means. thats semantics so lets just stop

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I disagree, if you're depending on Vital to win a game like this you will almost always lose. He needs to be a role player.

What he needs to be is up for debate. What he is, isn't.

Reaction Score
whether or not anything less than an at large bid constitutes a successful season is subjective. thats a debate worth having. but you were arguing about the definition of "must win" and what exactly losing a "must win" game means. thats semantics so lets just stop
It’s not. You can stop responding. It’s okay to be wrong

Reaction Score
It’s not. You can stop responding. It’s okay to be wrong

i'll stop responding when you stop gaslighting. how can i be wrong when i havent even given my opinion as to what short of an at large bid would constitutes success this season?

Reaction Score
i'll stop responding when you stop gaslighting. how can i be wrong when i havent even given my opinion as to what short of an at large bid would constitutes success this season?
I’ll try this one last time. A couple posters said today was a must win. I said it wasn’t because our season could still be successful with a loss. They disagreed. According to them the season is already a failure and virtually over. You’re not making a point. You’re just continuing a conversation that had nothing to do with you for whatever reason. I’m done with it. If you don’t disagree with me then stop responding. It’s a pointless discussion at this point. It has ZERO to do with semantics. A quick review of the thread and you’d see I’m responding to exactly what they said. On that note Happy New Year and good night

Reaction Score
A couple posters said today was a must win. I said it wasn’t because our season could still be successful with a loss. They disagreed. According to them the season is already a failure and virtually over. You’re not making a point.

where's @Hans Sprungfeld when you need him? i'll also try one last time for the sake of logic and reason.

i too said it was a must-win if we were going to make the tournament. in response you said that was never a realistic expectation and the season could still be successful with a loss. but whether or not the tourney was realistic and we can still be successful, does NOT mean the game wasn't a must-win from a tourney probability standpoint.

second, losing a must-win usually means the season is "over" in terms of making the tourney. it obviously does NOT mean the season is literally over, and that we should "pack up our bags and go home," as you inferred. whether or not the season is deemed "over" by some, everyone realizes there are still 18+ games to be played and progress can be made. no one was arguing the contrary.

you can debate all you want about what constitutes a successful season, but you were conflating that with the two above points. lastly, posters are entitled to view this season as a failure if we dont make the tourney. KenPom projected us finishing 4th in the aac which would have put us right on the bubble, so the tourney was in fact a statistically realistic possibility. personally, i think we can still be successful if we win 20 odd games and make a run in the NIT. happy new year!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom