Tonight’s (1/27) Committee Reveal?? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Tonight’s (1/27) Committee Reveal??

Reaction Score
I looked at the remaining schedules of the teams ahead of us and saw that several have difficult schedules. I think that S.C. and Stanford are locks and N.C. State or Louisville is a lock. Beyond that, lots of movement is possible. In particular, both Maryland and Iowa can beat Michigan and/or Indiana. And Baylor can beat Texas and/or Iowa State. For the next 6 weeks, I'll be a Maryland, Iowa, and Baylor fan. :D
I suppose the "first domino fell" today with Texas losing to Oklahoma... Texas was the 7th seed in the first reveal...so they are going to drop... how much we'll have to wait and see.

Reaction Score
Sounds like a conspiracy! Doesn't a #1 seed earn the "close to home" arrangement? Is that "perk" warranted for a #4 seed?
Fairness must rule the day.
I think it will be fun to watch UConn travel, hopefully with a much healthier roster and the underdog moniker.
Everywhere they go, UConn will draw ($ for NCAA and venue) and the people east will get to watch someone else.

No, not a 4 seed. But this argument didn't happen this season. There have been complaints for as long as regionals have been held in the Northeast. The solution is simple. Improve your program to the point where area arenas want you there because you fill the place. With that assurance those arenas are willing to make a competitive bid to hold the regionals. It's that simple. No favoritism needed.

I remember not too long ago when the NCAA allowed teams to bid to host the regionals. And they were guaranteed to play at home as long as they were in the final 16. A deal for 4 seeds? The NCAA felt that giving 4 of the final 16 a homecourt edge was a fair deal, right? Did they put profits above fairness? They sure did.

I remember when Tenn outdrew their opponents on the road. Instead of the media raising concerns about fairness they showered Summitt with praise for the popularity of her team.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I suppose the "first domino fell" today with Texas losing to Oklahoma... Texas was the 7th seed in the first reveal...so they are going to drop... how much we'll have to wait and see.

The LSU loss to Arkansas keeps LSU from overtaking us. The Tennessee loss to Auburn knocks the LVs down from #4 overall to roughly #7 or 8. The Texas loss drops them from #7 to about #10 or so. Yes, the dominos are falling and there should be many, many more.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma is a top ranked team, that loss is minimal. Committee is not going to punish someone for losing a quad 1 loss.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma is a top ranked team, that loss is minimal. Committee is not going to punish someone for losing a quad 1 loss.
Well OK then..
but... Oklahoma is not in the Committee's top 16... and they are #18 in AP while Texas is #7. As I said, these dominoes are what we need to happen... every small adjustment that may come when #18 beats #7 is part of what we need to move up... and hopefully to Bridgeport.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom