Tom Crean | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Tom Crean

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
fair enough. I don't know enough about him to have an opinion on that. nothing would surprise me anymore, though. I thought KO was a choir boy for a very long time.

Crean is a religious guy who loves to live by the good book- just ask him.

Reaction Score
I expected folks to say that, because he's a tremendously manipulative dude who does a great job of abandoning responsibility and blaming others. He's a complete nutso who was just awful behind the scenes at IU to a bunch of decent people in the AD, as well as/especially players. I know that's not as specific as you'd hope, but its what I've learned. Think of it this way- do you know how big of an a**hole you have to be for Bob Knight and Jim Harbaugh to think you're an a**hole?!?!?

Crean is the first to make sure every reporter gets his side of the story on background (which is why every reporter adores him, Larry Brown-esque) and demolish anyone who gets the other side in private. He isn't wacky- wacky can be fun. He's a phony. That's worse.

As @JMick said, fair enough. You seem like you have an inside scoop and you have no reason to lie. If what you say is true, the guy is really a sociopath more than anything else. I certainly don't want the guy to coach UCONN regardless but FWIW, this is the first article I believe I read that changed my perspective on Crean. LINK

The point you made about him manipulating the media to look great is interesting after reading that.
https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...-not-cartoon-character-you-think-he/99863548/

Reaction Score
As @JMick said, fair enough. You seem like you have an inside scoop and you have no reason to lie. If what you say is true, the guy is really a sociopath more than anything else. I certainly don't want the guy to coach UCONN regardless but FWIW, this is the first article I believe I read that changed my perspective on Crean. LINK

The point you made about him manipulating the media to look great is interesting after reading that.
I've seen good people do bad things and bad people do good things. I've also known (*^&*% that really aren't bad people.

Until I see how Crean treats a waiter or waitress or something comes out I'll reserve judgement

Reaction Score
It took Danny Boy 6 yrs at RI before getting into the NCAA tournament. Do we the patience here?

Are UConn fans really being impatient to want more than 2 NCAA tourney appearances in 6 years? Dan Hurley is on the verge of consecutive NCAA appearances in the same time frame with much fewer resources and inheriting a bottom A-10 program. Hurley can flat out coach, he holds his players accountable and they compete. Ollie took over the winningest program of the last 20 years with a brand new state of the art practice facility and has driven it into the ground with no bottom in sight.

Reaction Score
Are UConn fans really being impatient to want more than 2 NCAA tourney appearances in 6 years? Dan Hurley is on the verge of consecutive NCAA appearances in the same time frame with much fewer resources and inheriting a bottom A-10 program. Hurley can flat out coach, he holds his players accountable and they compete. Ollie took over the winningest program of the last 20years with a brand new state of the art practice facility and has driven it into the ground with no bottom in sight.
context is hard for some people

Reaction Score
I've seen good people do bad things and bad people do good things. I've also known (*^&*% that really aren't bad people.

Until I see how Crean treats a waiter or waitress or something comes out I'll reserve judgement

Of course. I am going to lean towards Crean being a really good dude despite the anonymous claim from a (respectable) message board poster other wise but it is interesting nonetheless. That said, this thread isn't that interesting considering the idea of him being the next UCONN coach is kinda ridiculous. Susan does seem like a good candidate to be duped, though.

Reaction Score
Of course. I am going to lean towards Crean being a really good dude despite the anonymous claim from a (respectable) message board poster other wise but it is interesting nonetheless. That said, this thread isn't that interesting considering the idea of him being the next UCONN coach is kinda ridiculous. Susan does seem like a good candidate to be duped, though.
Susan definitely gets duped but I think AD Dave can smell BS from a mile away. I've listened to him speak enough and have gotten enough from email response that I think he has the potential to get the possible hire right. I wrote him paragraphs on Diaco and got a very well written and honest response

Reaction Score
Susan definitely gets duped but I think AD Dave can smell BS from a mile away. I've listened to him speak enough and have gotten enough from email response that I think he has the potential to get the possible hire right. I wrote him paragraphs on Diaco and got a very well written and honest response

I definitely have a ton of faith in AD David Benedict and believe he will figure out a way to drag us out of this mess. Him opting out of the UA and AU jobs has been the best long term occurrence in months.

Reaction Score
I definitely have a ton of faith in AD David Benedict and believe he will figure out a way to drag us out of this mess. Him opting out of the UA and AU jobs has been the best long term occurrence in months.
If he doesn't it will not be for lack of effort & intelligence but exogenous circumstances. Thats just my opinion but I'm comfortable banking on it.

Reaction Score
terrible fans like superjohn will destroy our program way before KO does. It isn't destroyed fool come down off the ledge. Our history can not be taken away.My guess is you have only been a fan for a couple years? You might be better suited to be a Duke fan, they always win. You would be happier.
I'm a Geno fan, I like winning. I first started following in 2014 when they won it. I expect a title every year and I don't see us winning it all this year.

Reaction Score
Dan Hurley is the guy for this job. For goodness sake, look what he has to work with and where he has to work. Clearly, he can evaluate, cultivate and coach. AD Dave should be all over this guy. KO has got to be cut lose before he drags the program so far under there is no return.

Reaction Score
I don't know Crean as a human being but the fact he's best friends with Jim Harbaugh is not good. Harbaugh is a super .

Ummm

They are brothers-in-law. Can’t escape family ties.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom