Tom Crean | The Boneyard

Tom Crean

Reaction Score
How about this guy as a replacement for Ollie if things continue the way they are in the second half of the season?

Took Marquette to the Final Four with D-Wade. Coached at Indiana. Working at ESPN this year but has expressed an interest in returning to coaching. Has name recognition.

Reaction Score
Okay, so Kevin Ollie is still our coach, and I'll back him up while he is still our coach. But if anybody is going to come into Storrs, Connecticut, and help us win some more games. It better be this guy...
latest

took one of the worst teams in the county, took a pretty good player (adam banks) from a rival team, also the best team, the blackhawks. I'd say this translates into basketball recruiting. Also has a pretty good play called the "mighty V" which we may be able to incorporate into our scheme.

Quack! Quack! Quack!

Reaction Score
Okay, so Kevin Ollie is still our coach, and I'll back him up while he is still our coach. But if anybody is going to come into Storrs, Connecticut, and help us win some more games. It better be this guy...
latest

took one of the worst teams in the county, took a pretty good player (adam banks) from a rival team, also the best team, the blackhawks. I'd say this translates into basketball recruiting. Also has a pretty good play called the "mighty V" which we may be able to incorporate into our scheme.

Quack! Quack! Quack!

Corny

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I saw him doing a game recently. He looked unhealthily skinny tinkering on frail. He left IU for health concerns. Unfortunately I am in no rush to bring this dude in.

Reaction Score
latest

Quack! Quack! Quack!

It's the "Flying-V."

Gordon Bombay would be disappointed in you.

Reaction Score
It might be sound crazy and stupid, but what if we gave someone like Kevin Boyle, head coach of Montverde Academy a shot? He has a top 5 high school team every year which produces all the players that end up at Duke, Kentucky and UNC. He builds players talent wise and as students. It sounds stupid, I know, but so does keeping a coach who can't bring in recruits, motivate or win games and will ride the 2014 title with a team of seniors that Calhoun built. People will say it's a different level of talent, high school to college, but then again so is college to the NBA. Brad Stevens took Butler from nobody to a program that went to back to back titles, made the jump to the NBA and brought the Celtics back to life. That's a bigger jump in my opinion than going from high school to college. Our AD would be a genius if it worked and if it didn't, it wouldn't shock. That or just give us Pitino. He may be shady, but what coach isn't? At least he recruits, motivates and wins.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There aren't many great options out there. It might be sound crazy and stupid, but what if we gave someone like Kevin Boyle, head coach of Montverde Academy a shot? He has a top 5 high school team every year which produces all the players that end up at Duke, Kentucky and UNC. He builds players talent wise and as students. It sounds stupid, I know, but so does keeping a coach who can't bring in recruits, motivate or win games and will ride the 2014 title with a team of seniors that Calhoun built. People will say it's a different level of talent, high school to college, but then again so is college to the NBA. Brad Stevens took Butler from nobody to a program that went to back to back titles, made the jump to the NBA and brought the Celtics back to life. That's a bigger jump in my opinion than going from high school to college. Our AD would be a genius if it worked and if it didn't, it wouldn't shock. That or just give us Pitino. He may be shady, but what coach isn't? At least he recruits, motivates and wins.
Don’t worry about pitino we are a Nike school.

Reaction Score
He is number 14 or 15th on my list but we may have to take him With open arms.

Reaction Score
How about this guy as a replacement for Ollie if things continue the way they are in the second half of the season?

Took Marquette to the Final Four with D-Wade. Coached at Indiana. Working at ESPN this year but has expressed an interest in returning to coaching. Has name recognition.
Why don't we stick with a guy that was handpicked as a successor by a legend...has passion for the university...made an nba career out of mentoring young stars....and has won a title less than 5 years ago. The one two punch of injuries and transfers is unique. This guy is a winner. He will win big again. I hope he's still with UCONN when he does

Reaction Score
Why don't we stick with a guy that was handpicked as a successor by a legend...has passion for the university...made an nba career out of mentoring young stars....and has won a title less than 5 years ago. The one two punch of injuries and transfers is unique. This guy is a winner. He will win big again. I hope he's still with UCONN when he does

Well I think he is auditioning for the opportunity this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom