Tom Crean | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Tom Crean

Reaction Score
Bruh, you are one of those posters.
Send out the bat signal, knew you would come running.

Nobody knows who you are other than you're the doofus who continues to lie about Hurley.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I’ve said it on here before - Hurley wants the UConn job. He would definitely come.

What if they kicked the tires on Bobby as well? I wonder how that would play out. I imagine Bobby demurs knowing his brothers interest.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Contrary to the delusion of some, UConn isn't the job it once was. Not only has Ollie run this program to the ground, he sped the process up of showing all the warts of not being in the P5. Many outside the program warned of this but we were to loyal a fan base to even imagine it true. Danny Hurley isn't looking to rebuild another struggling northeast program. He sees his brothers success and he will want a huge payday in a major conference. Sadly, he can hold out for something better. The reality is UConn is no longer a destination gig. In fact, I am far from certain The current Rutgers coach would take it.
No, what's their beef with Calhoun?

Reaction Score
What if they kicked the tires on Bobby as well? I wonder how that would play out. I imagine Bobby demurs knowing his brothers interest.
Dan Hurley has had better teams almost every year without having a P5 program at his disposal. Outside of this year, Bobby Hurley has been very meh.

Reaction Score
Dan Hurley has had better teams almost every year without having a P5 program at his disposal. Outside of this year, Bobby Hurley has been very meh.
That's not really true. His Buffalo teams were very good, and it takes a minor miracle to make ASU anything competitive. The fact that he got there in Year 3 is impressive.

Obviously the jury's out on whether he can sustain it.

Reaction Score
Pitino, Crean....

Hell, Kentucky is due for some recruiting violations soon so might as well reach out to Calipari.

Reaction Score
That's not really true. His Buffalo teams were very good, and it takes a minor miracle to make ASU anything competitive. The fact that he got there in Year 3 is impressive.

Obviously the jury's out on whether he can sustain it.
For some reason I was thinking he’s been at AZ State for like 6 years now. Back to reality... I agree and take that back.

Reaction Score
Send out the bat signal, knew you would come running.

Nobody knows who you are other than you're the doofus who continues to lie about Hurley.
I continue to call you out on the fact you know as little as anyone. Hurley is not coming, doofus.

Reaction Score
If money's his primary motivator, UCONN loses. He was making $4m per at Florida. And he makes around $6m per right now.

Maybe washing out of the NBA humbles him some. He's clearly underachieving in the NBA. If $4m is a number that reels a coach of his caliber in I don't think bridging the gap between Ollie's current $3.3m and his number is unimaginable.

Reaction Score
He also recruits well relative to his team's pedigree, with deep ties in two local (New England and New Jersey) talent hotbeds. And he has Big East blood.
Does really well in the DMV at URI as well, which is an area I'd like to keep hitting hard

Reaction Score
No because he looks like Tom Arnold. I picture Rosanne every time I see him and that is too much to ask.

Reaction Score
Who cares what the UConn coaching fraternity thinks?

Culture matters.

That’s not verboten. If you pull along Calhoun and the past ... you have far more to promote to get desired recruits and bring passion back to the Fanbase. You can’t just ignore it - turning us into a faceless non P5 + BE.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Culture matters.

That’s not verboten. If you pull along Calhoun and the past ... you have far more to promote to get desired recruits and bring passion back to the Fanbase. You can’t just ignore it - turning us into a faceless non P5 + BE.

Knowing JC, I think he's all in no matter who the next coach is. With the exception of Pitino.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
There's two types of people in this world: people who see that both Hurleys are vastly better coaches than Kevin Ollie and stupid people. That's not even being hyperbolic- both of them have been doing this far longer than KO. Its just the truth.

Also: Tom Crean is a horrendous coach, human being and recruiter. Other than that, he's great. Take it from me as someone who watched a lot of his IU teams. He also lost an Elite 8 game to Syracuse because his team was not ready for Syracuse to play a zone, so marinate on that one.

Reaction Score
There's two types of people in this world: people who see that both Hurleys are vastly better coaches than Kevin Ollie and stupid people. That's not even being hyperbolic- both of them have been doing this far longer than KO. Its just the truth.

Also: Tom Crean is a horrendous coach, human being and recruiter. Other than that, he's great. Take it from me as someone who watched a lot of his IU teams. He also lost an Elite 8 game to Syracuse because his team was not ready for Syracuse to play a zone, so marinate on that one.
I don't know Crean as a human being but the fact he's best friends with Jim Harbaugh is not good. Harbaugh is a super .

Reaction Score
For what its worth, the OKC Thunder are 8-2 in their past 10 games and are in 5th place in the West, and should overtake MIN for 4th shortly. It takes a bit of time to have an entirely new team gel and the Thunder look solid. Billy D isn't getting canned. And if he did, he would not come here. No chance. He is bigger than this job right now.

I'm curious as to why you think he is a terrible human being? From my vantage point, he is a bad coach, a good recruiter, and an amazing human being. He has popped up on a few podcasts I listen to (Vertical with Woj and Pardon My Take) and I went into the first one thinking nothing positive about him but he legitimately seems like one of the better humans out there. To add, Dan Dakich also had an interview with Crean after he was fired and while I despise Dakich, the interview went viral and reached my awareness and was incredibly humanizing for Crean and I left being astounded by how good of a dude he was.

Reaction Score
Because he has destroyed our basketball program and a lot of people really enjoy Uconn basketball.
terrible fans like superjohn will destroy our program way before KO does. It isn't destroyed fool come down off the ledge. Our history can not be taken away.My guess is you have only been a fan for a couple years? You might be better suited to be a Duke fan, they always win. You would be happier.

Reaction Score

I agree with everything except I've never heard of him being a bad person

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I'm curious as to why you think he is a terrible human being?

I agree with everything except I've never heard of him being a bad person

I expected folks to say that, because he's a tremendously manipulative dude who does a great job of abandoning responsibility and blaming others. He's a complete nutso who was just awful behind the scenes at IU to a bunch of decent people in the AD, as well as/especially players. I know that's not as specific as you'd hope, but its what I've learned. Think of it this way- do you know how big of an a**hole you have to be for Bob Knight and Jim Harbaugh to think you're an a**hole?!?!?

Crean is the first to make sure every reporter gets his side of the story on background (which is why every reporter adores him, Larry Brown-esque) and demolish anyone who gets the other side in private. He isn't wacky- wacky can be fun. He's a phony. That's worse.

Reaction Score
If UConn was UConn and Memphis was Memphis this conference would annually be a top 4 conference in college basketball. You cant be a top conference in all of college basketball and be considered a mid-major
The problem with the conference is the lack of connection between teams(distance, no history, really bad teams at the bottom) So recruiting becomes way tougher, Tough recruiting makes everything about your program tougher. Nationally our conference has no respect from the powers that be. I agree that the top of the conference could make this conference a top conference in basketball but it just is not and will never be the BE of old. Maybe this year you can turn your season around with 2 wins over top 25 teams but more likely that will just bring those teams down.

Reaction Score
I expected folks to say that, because he's a tremendously manipulative dude who does a great job of abandoning responsibility and blaming others. He's a complete nutso who was just awful behind the scenes at IU to a bunch of decent people in the AD, as well as/especially players. I know that's not as specific as you'd hope, but its what I've learned. Think of it this way- do you know how big of an a**hole you have to be for Bob Knight and Jim Harbaugh to think you're an a**hole?!?!?

Crean is the first to make sure every reporter gets his side of the story on background (every reporter loves him, this is why) and demolish anyone who gets the other side in private. He isn't wacky- wacky can be fun. He's a phony. That's worse.
fair enough. I don't know enough about him to have an opinion on that. nothing would surprise me anymore, though. I thought KO was a choir boy for a very long time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom