Today's Practice | The Boneyard

Today's Practice

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I think "light contact" is the penultimate step of the concussion protocol, with the final step being "full contact". If she has light contact today and no symptoms tomorrow (meaning no earplugs, glasses, etc.), then conceivably she could go to "full contact" at tomorrow's practice. If Sunday morning dawns clear for her (no pun intended), then she COULD play in the game, but I think there is less than a 10% chance of that happening.

Reaction Score
Agreed, LwrcaseFAN. Still, it's at least somewhat a positive sign that Caroline's even there and involved to any extent!
For sure. Sometimes these kids want to play so badly that they take unnecessary risks. I hope she doesn't. For her to miss this many games warrants getting back to 100% before getting back in the mix.

Reaction Score
I don't think SC is the team you pick to play when returning from a concussion. SC can be physical to a level UCONN hasn't seen yet and there is no reason to risk putting CD back on the sidelines. If the fouls don't become and issue for player availability then UCONN has the players to hang in there. That match up with Boston will be defining.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I don't think SC is the team you pick to play when returning from a concussion. SC can be physical to a level UCONN hasn't seen yet and there is no reason to risk putting CD back on the sidelines. If the fouls don't become and issue for player availability then UCONN has the players to hang in there. That match up with Boston will be defining.
Either she will be cleared to play or not. I suspect, even if she is clear, she will have a minute to limitation.

Reaction Score
It seems like ALL the teams UConn has been facing are playing very physically, and the refs are either incompetent or are deliberately letting that go unpunished. SC may be the best team in the country- undefeated, though Stanford should have one early in the year against them- but as far as physical play goes, they really aren’t worse than plenty of other teams. Partly because Dawne plays many players each game, and partly due to the skills and athletic levels of who she recruits, their isn’t a huge drop off when subs come in. They wear you down. If UConn can withstand their initial attack, keeping it going for the full game will be a big challenge.

Reaction Score
All good, but light contact doesn't give me any warm fuzzies considering how teams have upped their physical play against UCONN.
What?? Light contact is the last phase of concussion protocol. It’s a great sign that she’s there already. Once she’s full contact she can play.

Reaction Score
Well, it looks like Tina wore the mask also.

4F52BE46-ED5E-45DC-A952-0C0F92E7586D.jpeg

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
And its a regular season game anyway. Im sure the coaches and medical team have no real reason to push this even if Caroline wants to play. They would have to be absolutely sure she is good to go. Heck, same would apply even if this were the NC game. She has been out as long as any concussed player i can recall.

Reaction Score
Even if she does clear protocol don't think it would be smart to rush her back against the insane physicality of South Carolina, but this is fantastic news. I don't think CD getting minutes against Marquette or at least Georgetown is out of the picture.

Reaction Score
I think "light contact" is the penultimate step of the concussion protocol, with the final step being "full contact". If she has light contact today and no symptoms tomorrow (meaning no earplugs, glasses, etc.), then conceivably she could go to "full contact" at tomorrow's practice. If Sunday morning dawns clear for her (no pun intended), then she COULD play in the game, but I think there is less than a 10% chance of that happening.
yea no chance is more like it, let her heal completely for the big east tournament, and the ncaa's! same with azzi!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom