Today is National Signing Day (Ice Brady - Ayanna Patterson) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Today is National Signing Day (Ice Brady - Ayanna Patterson)

Reaction Score
This is the 3rd or 4th time one of us has asserted Dorka has said she will stay 2 years. What she said was she intended to stay 2 years, BUT would take it a year at a time.
Patterson

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Click to expand:

FD3YwCeWQAQ_gHD

Reaction Score
This is the 3rd or 4th time one of us has asserted Dorka has said she will stay 2 years. What she said was she intended to stay 2 years, BUT would take it a year at a time.
I remembered that both Tuck and Stevens stated just prior to the NCAA's that they "intended" to stay. Players find out their draft status and then decide and that doesn't happen until after their senior season is over. That's when they find out roughly what they are worth and have a basis for deciding. I'm hoping Juhasz stays for another year but not being eligible for NIL doesn't help. Maybe they can get a ruling that while foreign players can't work in the US they can sign agreements in Europe?

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
That Scholarship Grid is, as Dennis Eckersley would say, a "beautiful thing".

I am particularly blown away by the fact that we are 11 deep already for 2023-2024, and that depth is crazy, crazy good.

I know things can change, but they can change for the better too. And my guess is that the to-be-determined Freshman class for that season will be very deep and very good.

Reaction Score
Patterson looked a little raw in the 3X3. Often athletically dominant players don't need good footwork or use sound defensive techniques, they dominate without them. That's not to say that Patterson is lacking skills. But her ceiling is so high!

Reaction Score
Well maybe the post about Patterson holding down Boston is a bit aspirational, but if you have ever seen Patterson in action, she is phenomenal. And I realize that I'm in the minority, but I don't happen to believe that Boston is an elite post--she is good for sure, but I haven't seen elite play out of her. Now that she's slimmed down and apparently improved her conditioning, perhaps the elite play in her will arise, but I thought Liv at least defensively, matched up respectfully against Boston. Now that we have offensive versatility in our front line and better outside shooting, we'll see whether Boston can continue to camp down in the lane and stay in her comfort zone...
You lost me when you said Boston is not an elite post. She's a fantastic college post. She probably is a #1 pick in the WNBA soon.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Patterson looked a little raw in the 3X3. Often athletically dominant players don't need good footwork or use sound defensive techniques, they dominate without them. That's not to say that Patterson is lacking skills. But her ceiling is so high!
I saw the same thing. Both Patterson and Barker were really good defensively, and on putbacks, rebounding, etc., but both had trouble shooting and driving to the hoop for layups.

Reaction Score
When I see Patterson, I think of a rebounding oriented forward. Mopping up around the rim and getting offensive rebounds. No way she comes in and is all college defense from day one and no way she comes in as a bigtime scorer. She has TREMENDOUS potential and works hard. I think she's a great pickup but she's still a work in progress. Geno will be great for her. Don't expect Maya Moore though. That's a tall order. Sometimes really strong athletic types are so muscle bound that shooting is harder for them to master. She is a hell of an athlete though. Good kid also.

Reaction Score
We now have multiple All American quality bigs for many years. If I was a Top 5 guard, shooting or point or both, UConn would be where I would want to be in future.
Completely agree. Maykalla anyone?

Reaction Score
I saw the same thing. Both Patterson and Barker were really good defensively, and on putbacks, rebounding, etc., but both had trouble shooting and driving to the hoop for layups.

I chalked it up to her not being used to playing at the speed of 3X3 play.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
We now have multiple All American quality bigs for many years. If I was a Top 5 guard, shooting or point or both, UConn would be where I would want to be in future.
It used to be the other way around.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ummmm. I want that sweatshirt.
I think I still have a tee shirt from that era. Make you bids gentlemen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom