To all those predicting our demise. | The Boneyard

To all those predicting our demise.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Let me tell you something about yourselves.

You aren't basketball geniuses. You are disingenuous hedgers. I see right through it.

You can look at a season start and find stuff wrong on a 6 and 2 young team. Sure. No problems there. The rest of us see it too. Let's discuss it.

But there are so many declarative "The seasons over, Fire Ollie posts" here. The way they are positioned makes the game here abundantly clear.

If we do in fact go in the toilet (and there is no way for anyone to know that now. Its a long season), you all can smugly sit here and say "Ollie needs to go Right now!" every time we lose a game. You feel good about a UConn loss, your position is made. (Even though its not ;you think it is).

But if they reel off some wins and actually get better as a team over the course of the season you will all be here reveling in the success of a young team getting better.

Its a win/win for you. You can feel like a genius in the teams misery (when applicable) to mitigate the hurt losing does to your oh so fragile psyches. And a win, hell ,is a win (because youre supposedly a UConn fan; there should be some semblance of satisfaction out of one of those still....I hope)

But its not a win/win for the program you profess to love. They need our support. The Players absolutely deserve our support. And Kevin Ollie who brought us a National title 3.5 years ago and is not going anywhere for any time soon (for a myriad of reasons)deserves our support.

You can take these fire Ollie petitions (Marc Diamonte and the 43 mouth breathers, Im looking at you) and shove them straight up your Scalitos. You can place them next to the Fire Ollie threads and the Dan Hurley threads and every other piece of premature misery that gets manufactured here.

Im no Sunshiner ,(thanks ECU for the phrase!) . But I find our fans performance more disappointing than the teams at this point in the season.

But I think all you whiners are good mojo. I will very much enjoy the victory against Syracuse tomorrow and then enjoy making sure every one of you so down on us doesnt extract any enjoyment out of it. You dont deserve it.
Save the funerals and wakes for the end of the season when talking about a coaching change has a slight bit more realism. Now is the time to get down to MSG and root your 6-2 Huskies to a victory over the super pathetic Syracuse Orange.
If you hate 6-2 Kevin Ollie more than Syracuse, I question if you were ever even a UConn fan.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

You aren't basketball geniuses. You are disingenuous hedgers. I see right through it.

You can look at a season start and find stuff wrong on a 6 and 2 young team. Sure. No problems there. The rest of us see it too. Let's discuss it.

But there are so many declarative "The seasons over, Fire Ollie posts" here. The way they are positioned makes the game here abundantly clear.

If we do in fact go in the toilet (and there is no way for anyone to know that now. Its a long season), you all can smugly sit here and say "Ollie needs to go Right now!" every time we lose a game. You feel good about a UConn loss, your position is made. (Even though its not ;you think it is).

But if they reel off some wins and actually get better as a team over the course of the season you will all be here reveling in the success of a young team getting better.

Its a win/win for you. You can feel like a genius in the teams misery (when applicable) to mitigate the hurt losing does to your oh so fragile psyches. And a win, hell ,is a win (because youre supposedly a UConn fan; there should be some semblance of satisfaction out of one of those still....I hope)

But its not a win/win for the program you profess to love. They need our support. The Players absolutely deserve our support. And Kevin Ollie who brought us a National title 3.5 years ago and is not going anywhere for any time soon (for a myriad of reasons)deserves our support.

You can take these fire Ollie petitions (Marc Diamonte and the 43 mouth breathers, Im looking at you) and shove them straight up your Scalitos. You can place them next to the Fire Ollie threads and the Dan Hurley threads and every other piece of premature misery that gets manufactured here.

Im no Sunshiner ,(thanks ECU for the phrase!) . But I find our fans performance more disappointing than the teams at this point in the season.

But I think all you whiners are good mojo. I will very much enjoy the victory against Syracuse tomorrow and then enjoy making sure every one of you so down on us doesnt extract any enjoyment out of it. You dont deserve it.
Save the funerals and wakes for the end of the season when talking about a coaching change has a slight bit more realism. Now is the time to get down to MSG and root your 6-2 Huskies to a victory over the super pathetic Syracuse Orange.
If you hate 6-2 Kevin Ollie more than Syracuse, I question if you were ever even a UConn fan.

I think there's a big, bright line between rooting for failure, and expressing dissatisfaction with what we've seen the last couple of years. A happy, passionate, committed Kevin Ollie, who is open to self examination, is our best chance for success. I'll never root for him or UConn to fail. I will hope that he, and the team, improve and do better. They can start with making a little Juice in NY.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I think there's a big, bright line between rooting for failure, and expressing dissatisfaction with what we've seen the last couple of years. A happy, passionate, committed Kevin Ollie, who is open to self examination, is our best chance for success. I'll never root for him or UConn to fail. I will hope that he, and the team, improve and do better. They can start with making a little Juice in NY.

Fully agree.

and that line is starting a fracking petition or signing it. Or using a hashtag.

Thats the line.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

You are no better than reddit karma junkie's, I know what you did here and I see right through it.

Reaction Score
KO's brief interview with Taylor Rooks after the Monmouth game has me hoping that he has turned the corner. I think he realizes that the performance of the staff and the team needs to be much better. The last 4 games have been losses of 35 and 20 points to good teams, and overtime wins against bad teams. Nevertheless, at 6-2 there is still plenty of potential for a very good season. I really think a big key for UConn is Mamadou staying out of foul trouble and playing more minutes. His energy is infectious, and helps make this team fun to watch.

Reaction Score

No. Expressing dissatisfaction with what we've seen the last couple of years is what you do in the offseason. Anyone who supports the team, once the season starts, is concerned about winning as many games as possible.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
No. The time to expressing dissatisfaction with what we've seen the last couple of years is what you do in the offseason. Anyone who supports the team, once the season starts, is concerned about winning as many games as possible.

What part of being critical somehow means you don't support the team? I think Ollie has made some mistakes with this team, right now, this season. I criticize precisely because I want them to win as many games as possible. But there is never a moment that I want the other team to score or want our shots not to fall. Never.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score

Amazing post... I love you?

Reaction Score
What part of being critical somehow means you don't support the team? I think Ollie has made some mistakes with this team, right now, this season. I criticize precisely because I want them to win as many games as possible. But there is never a moment that I want the other team to score or want our shots not to fall. Never.

You're the one who said "expressing dissatisfaction with what we've seen the last couple of years." Not me. If you want to talk about how many minutes a game we can be playing Adams all year, or whether we should be showing our zone 2 or 3 times a game -- well, that's not what you were discussing.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Quality rant ADub.
qedwoo.jpg

Reaction Score
The overreactions on both sides are hilarious, but I'm pretty tired of this 'if you're criticizing KO you're not supporting the team and you're not a real fan" schtick. Any lunatic willing to repeatedly visit this site to post things is clearly a UConn fan. The people on this board calling for KO's head aren't going to the game and booing UConn players or throwing batteries at the end of the bench. Let's chill out with calling out fans for being negative by saying they don't support the school or team.

Reaction Score
This team has actually exceeded my expectations.

1. 6-2 No bad losses against poor competition.
2. Look where we were in April. Mass exodus.
3. Full roster hasn't clicked yet.
- No Cobb or MD (essentially) against the #1 team who won by beasting us and a player having the game of his life.
- No AG during some of the best offensive stretches of the season against Monmouth. (Not an accusation of AG).
- Vital didn't really go to the PK80.
4. Lots of new, young pieces. Especially down low.
5. Did I mention no bad losses against poor competition? We haven't lost to a preseason mid-major yet. The committee notices that.
6. Flashes of brilliance against MSU (defensively) and Monmouth (offensively).
7. Jalen, TL, Vitale and to an extent AG have all shown they could all put up big #'s.
8. Anderson has shown he can lockdown.
9. MD and Cobb have shown they can rebound. And even Carlton.
10. JA, AA, CV, TL and AG have all splashed the net at times. Up the percentage a little bit as they get their legs and the offense flows to catch and shoot and it can start raining.

Still a LONG way to get out of the woods, but no need to throw it in yet.

In defense of Ollie, and not complete justification, he needs more time with this new crop after a season of injuries and then exodus's. Plus a coach replacement. The potential is there.

On the flip side, AAC may be better than we think, and tougher to survive.

Last edited:

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
The overreactions on both sides are hilarious, but I'm pretty tired of this 'if you're criticizing KO you're not supporting the team and you're not a real fan" schtick. Any lunatic willing to repeatedly visit this site to post things is clearly a UConn fan. The people on this board calling for KO's head aren't going to the game and booing UConn players or throwing batteries at the end of the bench.

No they are starting petitions online and trying to get hashtags trending.

As far as batteries, and booing. Their no-showing may actually be more damaging in the long run than that.

I dont see many people here saying KO is above criticism. Hes not. I do it. Everyone I see does it to some degree. I dont think your equivocation holds water.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
You're the one who said "expressing dissatisfaction with what we've seen the last couple of years." Not me. If you want to talk about how many minutes a game we can be playing Adams all year, or whether we should be showing our zone 2 or 3 times a game -- well, that's not what you were discussing.

Good grief. I'm a lawyer too and even I find that needlessly strict interpretation annoying. I don't focus on time periods. The last couple of years up to now, whenever now is. Whatever our personal periods of dissatisfaction are. I will assume that they don't extend to March, 2014, but with this crowd who knows?

It's part of being a fan. I gripe about Tom Brady stupidly throwing 40 yard bombs into double coverage on 3rd and 3 when he has an open man 5 yards down field. Doesn't mean I don't support the team or that he isn't Freaking Tom Brady. It sure as hell doesn't mean I want the pass to be incomplete. Don't we all love watching absurdly stupid shot attempts go in? I just wish they didn't fall so often for our opponents.

Reaction Score

Sometimes I think human beings have too much time on our hands. I'm guilty, of course. I mean I read this meta nonsense and took the time to post this worthless reply.

Reaction Score
This team has actually exceeded my expectations.

1. 6-2 No bad losses.
2. Look where we were in April. Mass exodus.
3. Full roster hasn't clicked yet.
- No Cobb or MD (essentially) against the #1 team who won by beasting us and a player having the game of his life.
- No AG during some of the best offensive stretches of the season against Monmouth. (Not an accusation of AG).
- Vitale didn't really go to the PK80.
4. Lots of new, young pieces. Especially down low.
5. Did I mention no bad losses? We haven't lost to a preseason mid-major yet. The committee notices that.
6. Flashes of brilliance against MSU (defensively) and Monmouth (offensively).
7. Jalen, TL, Vitale and to an extent AG have all shown they could all put up big #'s.
8. Anderson has shown he can lockdown.
9. MD and Cobb have shown they can rebound. And even Carlton.
10. JA, AA, CV, TL and AG have all splashed the net at times. Up the percentage a little bit as they get their legs and the offense flows to catch and shoot and it can start raining.

Still a LONG way to get out of the woods, but no need to throw it in yet.

In defense of Ollie, and not complete justification, he needs more time with this new crop after a season of injuries and then exodus's. Plus a coach replacement. The potential is there.

On the flip side, AAC may be better than we think, and tougher to survive.
Wait, losing by 40 isn't a bad loss?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom