Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

Jim

Reaction Score
Apparently Ms Fagan thinks they have a legit chance

"On Sunday, the No. 16 Lady Vols demonstrated why, come March, they could easily find their way back to the Final Four."
I think it funny that no one told her the Final Four is to be played in New Orleans on the 7th and 9th of April.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Yeah, Fagan is the one that picked Tennessee as a FF participant. She is just trying to justify her pick at every chance.

Regardless of why, Fagan has played the game both collegiately and professionally. She also spent a few years covering the Phil. 76ers. She's well respected in what she does and it would not help her credibility to simply spew things that justified her pick.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
TN will have an opportunity to let everyone know exactly where they stand as they will face to #1 seeds (@ Baylor & vs. Stanford) as well as #2 seed candidates (vs. ND & @ KY). To this point, it's so much that TN has impressed me as much as their opponents have underwhelmed me.

This is the key. The proof will lie in the results, both now and come March. The same holds true for all teams. Right now, it's just a bunch of talk for everyone until the W is actually posted in the win/loss column.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
UNC is not a good indicator of how good any team is. Theyve never played defense and it is reckless basketball. I swear its like heres the ball go run and play. There is talent there but no team talent. I have to wonder after this season if Diamond will keep her commitment to UNC. DD has talent and needs to be developed for the next level. I think any kid would get tired of running and shooting the ball all the time without any team to support her. JMO

Interesting that they're only a good gage when UConn plays them. I don't recall the same reservations when UConn crushed UNC by 50 last year and they were not a good team then either. They weren't even a tourney team. What will be more interesting is the response to tonight's game. MD is not a good team with the loss of 3 guards to ACL. The Huskies should absolutely crush them tonight. Will you be excited about that win? or will you simply say that it proves nothing because MD is not a good team. And if there's ever a team that does not play defense, MD would sit at the top of that list.

Reaction Score
This is the key. The proof will lie in the results, both now and come March. The same holds true for all teams. Right now, it's just a bunch of talk for everyone until the W is actually posted in the win/loss column.

After the month of December, they'll have answered all questions one way or another. I particularly like how Bashaara Graves is playing...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Interesting that they're only a good gage when UConn plays them. I don't recall the same reservations when UConn crushed UNC by 50 last year and they were not a good team then either. They weren't even a tourney team.
At the time it was not known. Now it is.

Reaction Score
Interesting that they're only a good gage when UConn plays them.

Whoever said UNC was a good gauge as far as UConn is concerned? The fact is, UConn is one of the very few elite teams. Other teams gauge where they stand based on how close they can stay to the Huskies...not the other way around...comprende?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Is Tennessee a final four team? I think its possible. I think it's also how the bracket looks. The talent is there. This team has showed that it can be a pretty good team. Yes need to be more consistent. I think a part of that is youth. I think the team has got better so far.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Is Tennessee a final four team? I think its possible. I think it's also how the bracket looks.

Is it possible that Tennessee can make it to the final Four? Yes.. As long as they aren't in the same bracket as Baylor, UCONN, or Duke ;)

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I sure hope they don't beat Stanford. I already had to cancel my #1/#2 party against Baylor on Feb 18. I don't want to have to cancel my #1/#2 party against Stanford on Dec 29. Go Cardinal.

I think you can safely reschedule your #1/#2 party against Baylor on Feb. 18.
By game time UConn and Baylor will be 1/2 again.

Reaction Score
I think you can safely reschedule your #1/#2 party against Baylor on Feb. 18.
By game time UConn and Baylor will be 1/2 again.
That's a very good point. If it works out I might be able to have two parties. I better call the caterer. Thanks.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Interesting that they're only a good gage when UConn plays them. I don't recall the same reservations when UConn crushed UNC by 50 last year and they were not a good team then either.
Has it escaped your notice that the majority of people here are uconn fans? Not sure what you were expecting from us.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Regardless of why, Fagan has played the game both collegiately and professionally. She also spent a few years covering the Phil. 76ers. She's well respected in what she does and it would not help her credibility to simply spew things that justified her pick.

LOL, really? That makes her opinion worth something? I would say she might be the ONLY sportswriter that is picking Tennessee for the final four. They have a great game against a lousy UNC team and she writes an article about how well they played but also specifically mentions a Final Four run.

She's a Tennessee shill. End of story.

It's too comical that you would even come here to defend that opinion on a UConn board. It's really unbelievable actually.

Reaction Score
Don't blame Fagan for blowing smoke up the LV's backsides. She wants people to read her stuff and there are a mess LV fans who have been dying of thirst since Parker spurned her last year of eligibility. Lots of writers pander to fans. I know that many LV fans think ESPN hates them but in the real world ESPN would love to see Tenn be competitive with the best teams in wcbb. If she is a little premature and overzealous its no different from the talking heads on the mens side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom