Tina Charles traded to Mystics | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tina Charles traded to Mystics

Reaction Score
I really don't follow the WNBA very much, about as much as the NBA, but know Charles is a terrific player and I'm sure still has plenty in the tank.

Katie Smith was not successful as a head coach and this surprises me given her natural basketball IQ when playing and how she was a top assistant for many years. I wondered if the drama of the arena location, ownership and instability in the organization played a factor. She didn't have much to work with. I reviewed their draft picks from last night and while some terrific players were chosen they seem to be an odd collection of players.

I glanced at some numbers and saw Charles didn't have a terrific season last year by her standards. Looking at that Liberty roster there wasn't a lot of help. Their collection of guards seemed to all be okay players but no one who could give you a solid option if Tina was blanketed by defenses. I remember Lamibeer had Charles more as a "4" and she did improve her outside shooting. In Washginton I suspect she will move back to center. with EDD at the 4 spot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom