Time to show up or shut up | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Time to show up or shut up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
iWHw6B
Maybe we should shame BB fans into going to BB games first.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
If I saw your avatar at the Rent I'd punch him in the face, no offense. I know you probably don't look like him, but still.

He's much better looking than I really am.

Reaction Score
FDNY you're still railing on about the Hartford-UConn Hockey thing? Just come to terms with it already, the majority of the games will be played in Hartford NOT Storrs. 4,000 seat Frietas confirms that.

Yes, Freitas needs to be able to house games and have proper training facilities but your dream of a 6,000 seat arena on campus like Penn State will never happen because the students flat out stink when it comes to supporting anything other than basketball. And we're not even talking football here we're talking about the ultimate niche sport of hockey. I'll be surprised if the students even have good showings once they do start playing a couple games a season there.

Reaction Score
FDNY you're still railing on about the Hartford-UConn Hockey thing? Just come to terms with it already, the majority of the games will be played in Hartford NOT Storrs. 4,000 seat Frietas confirms that.

Yes, Freitas needs to be able to house games and have proper training facilities but your dream of a 6,000 seat arena on campus like Penn State will never happen because the students flat out stink when it comes to supporting anything other than basketball. And we're not even talking football here we're talking about the ultimate niche sport of hockey. I'll be surprised if the students even have good showings once they do start playing a couple games a season there.
Maybe you should read what I wrote before going off like a ! I SAID they need to play in a place ON CAMPUS that is 5K-5.5K Max and that ALL the big games vs HE opponents are played in Hartford! The plans for Freitas are 4500 last I saw by the way BUT nice try. Another NHL returning to Hartford drum beater heard from..thanks for the constructive reply.

Reaction Score
From all reports and indications, it looks like the Big 12 will decide on expansion in October. That means it's put up or shut up time for UConn Nation. Buy tickets. The President and AD have been begging those UConn fans on the sidelines for years to get back in the game. To buy tickets . For those who have the means and the desire to escape AAC purgatory, this is the time to circle the sleds and get behind State U again.

We also have an excellent home schedule - Syracuse, Virginia, Temple and Cincinnati are all games that we need to sell out and help our guys out.

The Big 12 is first and foremost, a football conference. The Big 12 will likely weigh several factors into deciding who they will invite into their conference. . If we as a fanbase come out with a few low 30K crowds for Maine, Syracuse and Virginia, then we might as well get used to the AAC.

If you used to be a football season ticket holder, you likely received an offer from the AD for free tickets to the Maine game. Use them. Or give them away to someone else who will go the game. UConn wants you
/QUOTE]

A good assssment from August, imo.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
From all reports and indications, it looks like the Big 12 will decide on expansion in October. That means it's put up or shut up time for UConn Nation. Buy tickets. The President and AD have been begging those UConn fans on the sidelines for years to get back in the game. To buy tickets . For those who have the means and the desire to escape AAC purgatory, this is the time to circle the sleds and get behind State U again.

We also have an excellent home schedule - Syracuse, Virginia, Temple and Cincinnati are all games that we need to sell out and help our guys out.

The Big 12 is first and foremost, a football conference. The Big 12 will likely weigh several factors into deciding who they will invite into their conference. . If we as a fanbase come out with a few low 30K crowds for Maine, Syracuse and Virginia, then we might as well get used to the AAC.

If you used to be a football season ticket holder, you likely received an offer from the AD for free tickets to the Maine game. Use them. Or give them away to someone else who will go the game. UConn wants you
/QUOTE]

A good assssment from August, imo.
Yes, no expansion at all means we didn't buy enough tickets. You really are a rube.

Reaction Score
Yes, no expansion at all means we didn't buy enough tickets. You really are a rube.
No need to shame the people who don't buy tickets. All of it belongs on the administration for getting us in this hell hole and the team itself for the pathetic performance over the last few years. The Rent will fill if the team is better and plays better teams. It's not rocket science.

Reaction Score
No need to shame the people who don't buy tickets. All of it belongs on the administration for getting us in this hell hole and the team itself for the pathetic performance over the last few years. The Rent will fill if the team is better and plays better teams. It's not rocket science.
So you mean it's on McHugh for not getting rid of Hathaway before he could hire Pasqualoni. Because he is the common thread through all of this. I know he tried like hell thats for sure.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

In his defense, that was a quote from earlier in the thread and the BCU fan couldn't figure out how to hit the reply button correctly. Why he dug the thread up, no idea...

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
The last person I would ever ask about anything college athletics related is a BCU fan. It's like asking a WVU fan about dental hygiene or a Texas fan about modesty.

Reaction Score
BC does have an insane hockey program going, thanks to Jerry York. I hope BU remains superior.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I know. He dug it up to poke us about attendance. A BC fan.

Always love it when BC fans are more concerned about UConn than their own school. I have never been to the BC fan board, if one even exists (?). Nor would I bother with reading posts that go back a few months. And BC fans claim that UConn is not a r1val. Pfft.

Reaction Score
Always love it when BC fans are more concerned about UConn than their own school. I have never been to the BC fan board, if one even exists (?). Nor would I bother with reading posts that go back a few months. And BC fans claim that UConn is not a r1val. Pfft.

BC is not " my school ". I never went to BC. I come here because this site has a very good realignment discussion thread, imo,.. with lots of links to articles, tweets, etc from around the country on a subject that is of interest to me. As for my occasional visits here signifying that I believe that Uconn football is BC's football " rival", I don't know where you come up with that assessmement. Uconn does not have a football " rival "... ( although Diaco, as you know, believes it to be Central Florida ). BC does not have a football " rival " either, although Syracuse , in the ACC, and a program that has a lot of football history with BC, probably will be BC's annual football rivalry moving forward, imo. I think Umass football has a good shot at becoming Uconn's future football " rival " in the region, and I think that such an annual matchup would be a great boost to college football in N.E. among similar N.E. flagship universities too. I wish Umass was on Uconn's schedule this season as a matter of fact, as I think it would be an exciting and highly competitive matchup among 2 good N.E. college football programs, imo.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

After tonight's game - showing up won't have much to do with it - that's why I emphasized it needed to get done This Summer - before we play Houston and Cincy. We did not pass the smell test tonight and that impression will linger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom