Time to show up or shut up | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Time to show up or shut up

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
They still available? I can probably give the second one to someeone who lives around there.
Butch, any time you need tickets I'll be happy to send a couple your way.

PM me

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
From all reports and indications, it looks like the Big 12 will decide on expansion in October. That means it's put up or shut up time for UConn Nation. Buy tickets. Donate to the school. The President and AD have been begging those UConn fans on the sidelines for years to get back in the game. To buy tickets and to donate. For those who have the means and the desire to escape AAC purgatory, this is the time to circle the sleds and get behind State U again. Remember that 'Drive for 5K' campaign? Remember all of those pleas to fill the football stadium? The Big 12 cares very deeply about those things and this might be the last ticket out of the AAC for quite some time.

There's been a lot of talk in the past few years that football attendance has no impact on CR; that fans will go to games when the team wins. Well here we are. The outlook on the upcoming season hasn't been this positive since 2010. UConn is very much in competition to win the AAC East and play in the AAC Championship Game this upcoming season. We also have an excellent home schedule - Syracuse, Virginia, Temple and Cincinnati are all games that we need to sell out and help our guys out.

The Big 12 is first and foremost, a football conference. The Big 12 will likely weigh several factors into deciding who they will invite into their conference. If there are a few "close" candidates, you can bet you bottom dollar that things like football support and fan base will be evaluated. If we as a fanbase come out with a few low 30K crowds for Maine, Syracuse and Virginia, then we might as well get used to the AAC. That's not to say that a season's worth of sellouts will guarantee us a Big 12 invite...but it certainly would not hurt our chances either.

If you used to be a football season ticket holder, you likely received an offer from the AD for free tickets to the Maine game. Use them. Or give them away to someone else who will go the game. UConn wants you back. UConn needs you back.

Let's make the Rent sound like it did in the Big East years. Remember this Pitt game? Remember how fun the atmosphere is when the stands are PACKED and JACKED? Let's all do this together. #UConnNation

Anyone got access to the alumni database. This needs to be broadcasted to the masses. Im gonna talk to the boss man and see if he'll spring for a couple season seats. 3 of us 5 are Uconn alums. Im rallying my troops.

Convert me Dooley! (Preacher voice)

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Anything less than sell outs for the Syracuse and Virginia games would be disappointing.
You need to look at our attendance for the past 5 years and rethink that. We should be pleased with 35k for each of those games.

Reaction Score
From all reports and indications, it looks like the Big 12 will decide on expansion in October. That means it's put up or shut up time for UConn Nation. Buy tickets. Donate to the school. The President and AD have been begging those UConn fans on the sidelines for years to get back in the game. To buy tickets and to donate. For those who have the means and the desire to escape AAC purgatory, this is the time to circle the sleds and get behind State U again. Remember that 'Drive for 5K' campaign? Remember all of those pleas to fill the football stadium? The Big 12 cares very deeply about those things and this might be the last ticket out of the AAC for quite some time.

There's been a lot of talk in the past few years that football attendance has no impact on CR; that fans will go to games when the team wins. Well here we are. The outlook on the upcoming season hasn't been this positive since 2010. UConn is very much in competition to win the AAC East and play in the AAC Championship Game this upcoming season. We also have an excellent home schedule - Syracuse, Virginia, Temple and Cincinnati are all games that we need to sell out and help our guys out.

The Big 12 is first and foremost, a football conference. The Big 12 will likely weigh several factors into deciding who they will invite into their conference. If there are a few "close" candidates, you can bet you bottom dollar that things like football support and fan base will be evaluated. If we as a fanbase come out with a few low 30K crowds for Maine, Syracuse and Virginia, then we might as well get used to the AAC. That's not to say that a season's worth of sellouts will guarantee us a Big 12 invite...but it certainly would not hurt our chances either.

If you used to be a football season ticket holder, you likely received an offer from the AD for free tickets to the Maine game. Use them. Or give them away to someone else who will go the game. UConn wants you back. UConn needs you back.

Let's make the Rent sound like it did in the Big East years. Remember this Pitt game? Remember how fun the atmosphere is when the stands are PACKED and JACKED? Let's all do this together. #UConnNation

Dooley,You should take out a one page add in the Courant and put this same message on it. The problem isn't with fans looking on " The Boneyard " We are a small group that knows what needs to be done.99 percent of the people in Connecticut don't have a clue what the Boneyard is. Got to get the message out to them. Buy, buy, buy. !!

Reaction Score
For encouragement sake, I thought I might offer that I do think that the athletic dept has done a good job of getting this upcoming freshman class engaged.They offered season tickets to freshman for $50 for the season. This was offered at every orientation session throughout the spring and summer, and I know that many freshman took advantage of the offer and are excited about going to these games. These kids don't know any different so making a great impression upon them on the first game can build upon itself. As a long time bball supporter, I have never had much interest on the FB side of things, but supporting FB is just too damn important to all athletics and the University as a whole. New season ticket holder here, and looking forward to it.(I could use some parking tips though)

Reaction Score
In all due respect, Cincy and Houston have tons of momentum with their fanbase heading into this season. The anticipation of being in the Big 12 is far more powerful than any marketing plan. I can appreciate the "We are Uconn" folks, but that isn't going to attract the average fan to buy a ticket to see Tulane. Never mind that the administration hasn't said anything that would give fans hope. And, I'm sorry but the hiring of administrators only matters to the ultimate diehards. There aren't many fanbases that would support going from playing long time regional rivals to playing former Conference USA schools 1500 miles away. If the NHL returned to Hartford I'm sure they would sell 16,000 tickets overnight for a Bruins game, but lucky to get 5,000 for any AHL team. In fairness to Uconn fans, very few P5 schools would draw flies if they played our schedule.

Reaction Score
My schedule is such that I don't want to do season tickets or donations. However I try to make 3-4 games a year. This year for my first trip (Virginia) I decide to organize a bunch of people who have joined me previously plus some newbies (including the better half who did not go to UConn and not really into sporting events). The group got big enough so I got 20 tickets with 5 passes at the group rates. Can't wait! Think I'll make some converts.

Reaction Score
I have 2 seats in the blue chairback section. This year, to help, out I purchased a third seat next to me. So for every game I will be giving away that seat to a friend, thereby bringing an extra person to every game. If everyone could purchase one(1) extra seat and brought an extra person to the game, the stadium would be more than filled for every game. With most of the seats its not that expensive. Pay for it by not going out to dinner one night!!! Its that inexpensive.

Reaction Score
Speaking of loading up the rent for the first game, I can't make it this year unfortunately, but I recall in prior years there was an option to donate/pay for tickets for our armed forces. 1) does anyone know if this still exists and has a link? 2) how is attendance for those tickets provided? I'd like to buy a few if this program still exists.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
OK guys, I'm looking to buy some single game tickets. I've actually never been to the Rent, as I've been coaching my daughter's school basketball team for the last 5-6 years, which ties me up every fall Saturday and I live in MA, making weekday nights impractical.

So tell me where I should buy tickets? I'm looking at the UCF game at the moment (maybe more). Better to spend the $60 for lower chair-back, or the $45-50 for upper middle chairback or go lower sideline edges for $35.

I'll be heading to the BC game as well.

Reaction Score
OK guys, I'm looking to buy some single game tickets. I've actually never been to the Rent, as I've been coaching my daughter's school basketball team for the last 5-6 years, which ties me up every fall Saturday and I live in MA, making weekday nights impractical.

So tell me where I should buy tickets? I'm looking at the UCF game at the moment (maybe more). Better to spend the $60 for lower chair-back, or the $45-50 for upper middle chairback or go lower sideline edges for $35.

I'll be heading to the BC game as well.
If you don't care where you sit, tickets can be had while tailgating, sometimes for less than face value. At least that was the case when my Saturdays weren't tied up a few years ago.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If you don't care where you sit, tickets can be had while tailgating, sometimes for less than face value. At least that was the case when my Saturdays weren't tied up a few years ago.

Money's not a big concern, so I'd rather buy them. I like the idea of a chairback. So I guess I'm asking are the lower ones worth the extra.

Reaction Score
Money's not a big concern, so I'd rather buy them. I like the idea of a chairback. So I guess I'm asking are the lower ones worth the extra.
I think they are worth it, especially if money is not an issue. The stadium is only 40k so the seats are pretty good no matter where you are. And there is plenty of room on the concourse level to stand or walk around and still be able to view the game.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
My experience has been that sitting too low leads to some pretty bad sight lines. I have sat in the first row, second level chairbacks and that is ideal.

Reaction Score
Get a chairback within the first few rows of the upper bowl. Or you can go back a little further.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
True story. I may have to come north in Oct or Nov for work. And yes I am working the schedule to coincide with a UConn home game.

Also looking at the USF game in Florida.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
lol, give me a break dude.

And yes, kickball. That was always my favorite game to play at recess back in elementary school. I'm pretty excited to play in this league. I'll make sure my TV is on and broadcasting the UConn game (and taping it) so we get credit for the ratings.
in his defense adult league kickball is HUGE around here, I know atleast 15-20 ppl that play

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I retired this past season. Not only is it huge, it's become a young man's game. My team couldn't win a single game over these 22 year olds.

Adult Kickball player checking in.

Games are awesome, I'd definitely recommend getting involved to anyone.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
You know, EVERYBODY can do something. The key is actually DOING it. I live in South Carolina. The chance of me getting to a game are slim and none (although I will be watching them all). But I figured it's important right now to show some support. I talked to the AD and bought two tickets that the University can use any way they want and they were more than happy to find uses for them and get asses in seats. It's not much, but it's something. For those of us that live too far away to actually go to games, consider that. It on

Reaction Score
;)

90155b01fd1c03e6f7a5557eb9b6c7aa.jpg

Look like any boneyarder you know? :D

kickball.jpg

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
personally i like the lower chair backs in the upper deck, cant beat em but they are $$

Reaction Score
Request for TCF
I want a video that goes back and forth with Diaco holding his team back in the tunnel while ACDC blares and then video of some generic adult kickball game that I assume is on you tube somewhere

I'll bet many of you, like me, didn't even see the link at the top of the forum for tcf's stuff. I've been on here forever and just noticed it. How about, for starters, a link to watch many years of football (full game videos)

Football Game Replays

You're welcome. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member