Tim Boyle is... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tim Boyle is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I was at the Duke game and I thought Tyler was amazing that game and was going to have an amazing career. Not sure if it was injuries or not, but he never really lived up to that first game except against UVA.

I would say Bones and DJ were much worse than Tyler. Toss up with Zach. After the ND gme it's hard not to like him...lol. I still think Whitmer Is ok, just not with a bad offensive line and bad play calling.

I was very encouraged by Boyles arm, legs and pocket presence. He has the tools to be great. Hopefully that happens.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
NFL RB, good FB and other tailback, strong OL, competent receiving core. One of the better o units in last 10 years and only 13 TDs. Go look at his 2008 #s. he's still the worst QB since DO, who would you put below him that has started at least 10 games? I personally think Whitmer stats or not is a much better QB than he was, just with lousy offensive unit.

What did TL have that Zach and Cody did not when they replaced him while he was injured or after he graduated? What did he have that Bones & DJ did not have the year before TL got there?

Donald Brown's worst season just happened to coincide with TL's (and UConn's) best. I also don't remember any NFL quality receivers or TE's during that season.

You are entitled to your opinion on Whitmer (as inane as that opinion is) and you may have the GDL argument to at least offset some of the results we've experienced with CW as QB but even considering the circumstances each played under, there will be few, if any who would agree with your premise.

Reaction Score
That's fair, I could not stand watching Lorenzen, terrible thrower. I mean the fact ISU and NFL immediately gave him no winks @ QB, but somehow people @ UConn think he was capable, I don't get it. He didn't throw down the field, he couldn't. He dumped to and had combo of Brown, Reid, Todman and Lou Allen in backfield for his 2 years and a strong OL.

What did TL have that Zach and Cody did not when they replaced him while he was injured or after he graduated? What did he have that Bones & DJ did not have the year before TL got there?

Donald Brown's worst season just happened to coincide with TL's (and UConn's) best. I also don't remember any NFL quality receivers or TE's during that season.

You are entitled to your opinion on Whitmer (as inane as that opinion is) and you may have the GDL argument to at least offset some of the results we've experienced with CW as QB but even considering the circumstances each played under, there will be few, if any who would agree with your premise.

Reaction Score
U apparently aren't a Mensa member. Gosh ur lost, TL was awful, a terrible QB. Team could have been better with a strong one, and not lose to Wake and beat Buffalo in Intl bowl.

Still can't get an answer on who he was better than because there is no one.

Nobody said you know BB.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think you look ignorant and silly. You aren't comparing similar scenarios. He had future NFL players at skill positions around him, and a solid to strong OL. None of that exists today. He was a terrible thrower, he wasn't good, not sure you think you were watching.

He was a leader something all good teams have. His first year he played pretty well and was injured in his last season. He couldn't throw because of his hurt arm, but was still a good leader.

Reaction Score
Also, part of my disdain for him is that he was a gimmicky QB, bad version of Tebow. Unwatchable. Ugly, can't make the reads, throws. ISU, not exactly a powerhouse, thinks he can't play QB, but UConn does??

We can form our own opinions.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Also, part of my disdain for him is that he was a gimmicky QB, bad version of Tebow. Unwatchable. Ugly, can't make the reads, throws. ISU, not exactly a powerhouse, thinks he can't play QB, but UConn does??

We can form our own opinions.

For openers, there is a difference between being an NFL prospect at QB and being the worst QB at UConn for at least a decade. At this point DO was the only NFL prospect we've had. With all of his flaws, TL was better than any Post DO quarterback we had during the RE years and possibly the best until Boyle matures.

In TL's defense, ISU at that time he enrolled was enamored with the Seneca Wallace mold (short, quick dual threat QB) which was very far removed from what TL was. Was TL great when he was here? Shy of a couple of individual games, no. Was he a vast improvement over what we had the couple of seasons before his arrival? Absolutely. Did injuries take their toll and render him ineffective? Unfortunately yes.

Reaction Score
I've stayed away from Boyle threads, but the kid looked good. Rifle arm, and he will have to learn to take something off. Decent athleticism and footspeed. Really nice hands, flawlessly handling shotgun snaps that weren't always where they needed to be.

I think his confidence would have been way up had those early touchdowns not been dropped. Whoever the next coach is won't have to worry about fielding a BCS caliber QB.

True freshman, playing behind a suspect oline, and a ton of drops? Played as well as could reasonably be expected given the circumstances. I was shocked that game ending hail mary got the endzone with a shot to be caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom