Tim Boyle is... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tim Boyle is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
T Lorenzen was by far the worst starting QB UConn has had in last 10 or so years.
Yesterday's performance wasn't pretty, but true Frosh vs. a guy 3 years removed from HS. I like Boyle's longer term potential, has a lot to learn, but playing best teacher.

I thought Tyler Lorenzen had a better arm than that...But I was truely thinking of Jared Lorenzen when he first started as a freshman at Kentucky..the guy they called the hefty lefty by his sr yr. I don't see Boyle with the hefty tag...just with similiar passing numbers that Jared had at Kentucky when he finished his career.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
T Lorenzen was by far the worst starting QB UConn has had in last 10 or so years.
Yesterday's performance wasn't pretty, but true Frosh vs. a guy 3 years removed from HS. I like Boyle's longer term potential, has a lot to learn, but playing best teacher.

The official stats may not have been great but I'll take TL's game at the Rent vs UVA (2008) over any offensive performance I've seen. His efficiency was amazing and we made what was supposed to be a very good defense look silly that game.

Reaction Score
The official stats may not have been great but I'll take TL's game at the Rent vs UVA (2008) over any offensive performance I've seen. His efficiency was amazing and we made what was supposed to be a very good defense look silly that game.

I have no doubt that there was an injury that sapped TL's effectiveness. He was a very promising qb and had some very good games.

Reaction Score
I know which team I root for...I travel an hour and a half and over 100 miles each way every home game..have been since 2003...been to every bowl game...throw in ND and Michigan too. I assume you know how to read...I wrote Jared NOT Tyler! Jared played at Kentucky and rewrote the record books there..only difference between Jared Lorenzen and Boyle will be Timmy won't look like a DE by his Sr yr!
Sorry I misunderstood I wrongly assumed you were referring to Tyler. There have been a bunch of people wrongly blaming Tim for yesterday's loss. Again I am sorry.

Reaction Score
UConn had some NFL caliber skill position players at that point and a great OL. If he played in today's system he'd make Tebow's year with the Jets look like a success.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
UConn had some NFL caliber skill position players at that point and a great OL. If he played in today's system he'd make Tebow's year with the Jets look like a success.

Pre-injury (as Huskysupporter pointed out) turned TL form a very effective QB to an ineffective one. What he was before the injuries was still better than any QB we've had since Dan-O and his game against UVA was as good (considering opponent) as we've ever had at the Rent. Claiming he was our worst starting QB for the last ten years or so is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
He was terrible. Citing 1 game to suggest he was effective seems nuts. I'm not saying we've had good QBs since DO, but TL was the worst one since.

Pre-injury (as Huskysupporter pointed out) turned TL form a very effective QB to an ineffective one. What he was before the injuries was still better than any QB we've had since Dan-O and his game against UVA was as good (considering opponent) as we've ever had at the Rent. Claiming he was our worst starting QB for the last ten years or so is ridiculous.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He was terrible. Citing 1 game to suggest he was effective seems nuts. I'm not saying we've had good QBs since DO, but TL was the worst one since.

Someone forgot DJ Hernandez, Bones and Trick Shot Johnny....

Reaction Score

TL was the best qb for UCONN since Dan O. Calling him the worst is odd. DJ Hernandez, Bones, Johnny Mac, Zach Frazier, and Chandler Whitmer were all better?

His senior year was poor, and I attribute that to injury (His throwing motion changed drastically from junior to senior year. Looked like he was throwing a shot put).

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score

I wasn't citing that one game as reason to claim he wasn't the worst (although it in itself should make it difficult to claim he was). What was our won/lost record over choose any period you want, pre TL but post DO, and compare that to our won/lost record with TL until the second set of games lost to injury. After that tell me how Bones, DJ, Dennis Brown, Zach, Cody, Box, McEntee and Whitmer were all better (each would have to have been if TL was the worst).

Reaction Score

Tyler pre injury, had the best year a QB has had other than Dan O. You look silly and ignorant stating anything different.

Reaction Score
I think you look ignorant and silly. You aren't comparing similar scenarios. He had future NFL players at skill positions around him, and a solid to strong OL. None of that exists today. He was a terrible thrower, he wasn't good, not sure you think you were watching.

Tyler pre injury, had the best year a QB has had other than Dan O. You look silly and ignorant stating anything different.

Reaction Score
I think you look ignorant and silly. You aren't comparing similar scenarios. He had future NFL players at skill positions around him, and a solid to strong OL. None of that exists today. He was a terrible thrower, he wasn't good, not sure you think you were watching.

You go ahead and stand alone. When you post something of value on the board it will be the first. Because he had skilled players around him that makes him a bad QB? Please continue.

Reaction Score
Yes, a strong OL, NFL RBs and a competent receiving core has no impact on a QBs results?? Ur an idiot!

You go ahead and stand alone. When you post something of value on the board it will be the first. Because he had skilled players around him that makes him a bad QB? Please continue.

Reaction Score
How can you objectively say that after 1 game? Best QB since Dan O, after 1 game?!?!?! Receivers drop passes on every team. I am searching for the posts about how Whitmer would be awesome if not for the numerous wr drops. I thought Whitmer was a very poor qb, but please, can we view Boyle's first game objectively, please? It was not good. It was against one of the bottom 3 D's in the country missing several defensive starters.

With that said, there were some thing Tim did that are extremely encouraging.
I said will be, not is. If you can't see the difference between what this kid can do versus past QBs, I'd urge you to take a look not at the result but his actual play. There is nobody we have seen on the field since Dan O with the level talent that Boyle has. Just focus on his release. It's unbelievably quick. His throws are darts (just needs some touch). Great pocket awareness and movement. He actually threw to second and third reads. Nobody comes close to what he has in terms of talent. You got know what you're looking at. By next season this Kid will be very very good. Just needs some reps, some protection, and sticky hands on the other end.

Reaction Score
Yes, a strong OL, NFL RBs and a competent receiving core has no impact on a QBs results?? Ur an idiot!

A bad QB with a good team is still a bad QB. A good QB with a good team is a good QB. Pretty simple stuff. Please fill me in on the competent WR core he had around him. Besides Donald Brown and Andre Dixon combining for 1600 yds rushing, please show me the NFL play-makers he had during his best year in 2007.

We've had QB's with good RB's and good offensive lines that never came close to Tyler's numbers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/teams/ccq/stats?year=2007

When you come to a gun fight you should bring more than a knife.

Reaction Score
NFL RB, good FB and other tailback, strong OL, competent receiving core. One of the better o units in last 10 years and only 13 TDs. Go look at his 2008 #s. he's still the worst QB since DO, who would you put below him that has started at least 10 games? I personally think Whitmer stats or not is a much better QB than he was, just with lousy offensive unit.

A bad QB with a good team is still a bad QB. A good QB with a good team is a good QB. Pretty simple stuff. Please fill me in on the competent WR core he had around him. Besides Donald Brown and Andre Dixon combining for 1600 yds rushing, please show me the NFL play-makers he had during his best year in 2007.

We've had QB's with good RB's and good offensive lines that never came close to Tyler's numbers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/teams/ccq/stats?year=2007

When you come to a gun fight you should bring more than a knife.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
...an upgrade, and has a better arm, legs, and handled the running game better than Whitmer. Kids good with a chance to be a stud.

Reaction Score
NFL RB, good FB and other tailback, strong OL, competent receiving core. One of the better o units in last 10 years and only 13 TDs. Go look at his 2008 #s. he's still the worst QB since DO, who would you put below him that has started at least 10 games? I personally think Whitmer stats or not is a much better QB than he was, just with lousy offensive unit.

I just realized I was trying to debate another BB board poster. Shame on me. You've proven your lack of FB knowledge. No need for me to continue.

Reaction Score
He's alright, yes I dropped a F bomb a couple times, but it was actually less than Whitmer.

Get working on that arm and scan your receivers!

Reaction Score
Haha, yeah, I only know 1 sport.

Again, answer the question plain and simple, who is he better than that has started at least 10 games since DO? He had the worst release and accuracy of anyone by far, terrible thrower. He got converted immediately from QB @ ISU, a place known to consistently have elite QB players and competitions. Speaks volumes.

I just realized I was trying to debate another BB board poster. Shame on me. You've proven your lack of FB knowledge. No need for me to continue.

Reaction Score
He's alright, yes I dropped a F bomb a couple times, but it was actually less than Whitmer.

Get working on that arm and scan your receivers!

That's actually a good way to assess performance. I too found myself swearing less frequently and at lower decibels. It must have been an improvement. . .

Reaction Score
Haha, yeah, I only know 1 sport.

Again, answer the question plain and simple, who is he better than that has started at least 10 games since DO? He had the worst release and accuracy of anyone by far, terrible thrower. He got converted immediately from QB @ ISU, a place known to consistently have elite QB players and competitions. Speaks volumes.

Nobody said you know BB.

Reaction Score
The OL's performance under Foley was a bright spot. How they perform against Cincy will prove whether it's for real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom