Tim Boyle is... | The Boneyard

Tim Boyle is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
... definitely a better option than Whitmer.. win or lose... presence in the pocket is better....much better ... even under pressure...

Reaction Score
He reads the safety blitzes well... AND (unfortunately) he appears to be ahead of our WRs... they (save the great Geremy Davis) can't catch the football...

Reaction Score
He is clearly better. Better arm better decisions gets rid of ball quicker. I think receivers beed to get used to his throws and we should have a star in the future. Unfortunatlely this season may be a learning cure for him

Reaction Score
Not ready. Give him his redshirt back. He is wild with most of his throws. Lacks touch.

Reaction Score
Hard to tell, awful performance, threw 3-4 interception balls in last possession.

Let him play though, season is toast and let's see if he can develop.

Not ready. Give him his redshirt back. He is wild with most of his throws. Lacks touch.

Reaction Score
I think he will be good eventually.... Not sure there was much to get excited about.

Hindsight 20/20 but we win that game with Whitmer, but I guess they had to try this experiment.

Lacked the football IQ to spike the ball.

Reaction Score
I think he will be good eventually.... Not sure there was much to get excited about.

Hindsight 20/20 but we win that game with Whitmer, but I guess they had to try this experiment.

You missed the two TD strikes he threw? So did our Foxx and the TE.

I thought he was light years ahead of Whitmer.

Reaction Score
I like him better.. yeah, he's a little erratic (showed it a bunch on the last drive of the game)... but he wasn't that erratic earlier... Ask Foxx and Abrams...and Parker... Parker had a TD catch (dropped) and so did Foxx (tried to catch it with his forearms...He's not a natural WR.. can't run hard and catch the football at the same time.. that's something a true WR does)

Reaction Score
You missed the two TD strikes he threw? So did our Foxx and the TE.

I thought he was light years ahead of Whitmer.

Like I said, I think he will be good some day. But probably not today.

Reaction Score
Hard to tell, awful performance, threw 3-4 interception balls in last possession.

Let him play though, season is toast and let's see if he can develop.

So you're judging a true frosh by the desperation of a final posession?

This was a game we should have won easily. A few horrid calls early and shaky protection, compounded by the worst receiving performance I have ever seen by any UConn team. This loss is all on them.

As for Boyle about what I would expect. A better arm and way better wheels than Whitmer. Timing a click off and reads nowhere near perfect. When his experience catches up with his talent he could be the best we've seen here. But the line has to block and recievers need to catch the ball.

Reaction Score
He was good today. The receivers sucked.

I would say that he was average for a true freshman thrown into the deep end, and below average overall. There is potential there however.

Reaction Score
I liked what I saw: the core necessities like arm strength and size were there. The ability to scramble a little bit is nice to see. TEs who can catch would be helpful. Things like clock management and knowing when to slide can be developed. Certainly better option than Whitmer in all facets.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
A silver lining is that he was consistently high with everything everywhere.

Very few underthrown balls or balls thrown behind receivers.

On any high pass at the Rent towards the end zones the wind always affects the flight. Receivers need to know that and be ready to adjust.

Reaction Score
I think he threw maybe 4 balls all game that didn't hit someone in the hands (USF players included.)

Reaction Score

With Whitmer we would have been creamed from the get go. He has nothing.

Reaction Score
Tim Boyle reminds me of Jared Lorenzen..big arm, can run well with the ball, not accurate with throws. As for drops..any throw where the intended reciever was straight out trying to make a catch isn't a drop to me.

Reaction Score
Tim Boyle reminds me of Jared Lorenzen..big arm, can run well with the ball, not accurate with throws. As for drops..any throw where the intended reciever was straight out trying to make a catch isn't a drop to me.

Wait what?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

It was if he was cloned from Tyler Lorzenen down to the incredible ability to have defensive players drop interceptions.

Reaction Score
Well that is flat wrong. Did you miss half the game?

I may have exaggerated but the receivers were awful today (as has been discussed ad nauseam.) Foxx alone dropped 3 balls that should have been TDs.

Reaction Score
Wait what?
If you have a reciever go straight out diving to make a catch and he doesn't make it..it isn't a drop..he catches it it's a great play...he misses it I don't consider it a drop. A wr hit in the hands be it in stride or with in normal reach and he doesn't catch it..that's a drop.

Reaction Score
As for drops..any throw where the intended reciever was straight out trying to make a catch isn't a drop to me.
Wait what?

I think he meant "laid out". And he's right, even if it's Larry Fitzgerald. If you are laid out to catch it and you don't, it's not a drop.

Reaction Score
If you have a reciever go straight out diving to make a catch and he doesn't make it..it isn't a drop..he catches it it's a great play...he misses it I don't consider it a drop. A wr hit in the hands be it in stride or with in normal reach and he doesn't catch it..that's a drop.

This is exactly right. If those were Whitmer's throws, no way people here are calling them drops. More likely the same people are blaming Whitmer for the "bad" throw.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
He was good today but his youth did show (glaringly at moments). Twice we had deep TD passes if he put a bit more air under the throw and on a critical third down he fired the ball too high for Geremy (when the ball needed to be at his numbers). If he caught Davis in stride on that one not only do we get the first, GD may have had an additional 20+ yards after the catch.

To be realistic:

1 - This was USF, not Alabama who we faced today.
2 - If anyone ever had any question as to what the issue was with our running game they know the answer full well today.
3 - Boyle will do some nice things for us this season but there will be growing pains. We would be better off if we accept this going in.
4 - I am convinced that if GDL did get the NFL job he was looking for last February we would be undefeated today.
5 - While we have many things we need to improve upon (as a football team and program) we do now have hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom