Tilt site for donating $$ to send students to Bowl game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tilt site for donating $$ to send students to Bowl game

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Not trying to be a downer or anything but realistically you guys should gauge student interest before going too crazy collecting this year. If most of the boneyard isn't considering going due to the date/travel what makes you think the students will? I've been to every other bowl game but add me to the list that can't go this year. Terrible date for most, G6 opponent, and an expensive flight on a holiday required. I'd come up with some strict 'entry guidelines' surrounding the choosing of flight times etc to avoid any issues like last time.
Looks like this is going to happen with or without you. You don't think some lucky student(s) would be not only willing, but extremely grateful, for the chance to go to a bowl game, never mind in a much warmer climate? G6 opponent? Terrible date?
C'mon, man!

HuskiesFan1014

Reaction Score
Not trying to be a downer
0903d3cf8d3ccbc8f57dd54d0dfa91e3.jpg

Reaction Score
Not trying to be a downer or anything but realistically you guys should gauge student interest before going too crazy collecting this year. If most of the boneyard isn't considering going due to the date/travel what makes you think the students will? I've been to every other bowl game but add me to the list that can't go this year. Terrible date for most, G6 opponent, and an expensive flight on a holiday required. I'd come up with some strict 'entry guidelines' surrounding the choosing of flight times etc to avoid any issues like last time.

Please try a little harder next time. Diaco films practices and rewards players for not taking a rep off ... maybe we should do the same with posts ... haha

Reaction Score
So I wanted to go to the game, but unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll be able to get down there because of Christmas obligations.

I would like to help the cause though. Was thinking of buying two tix through the school and just donating them to some students or fans who can't swing both tickets and transportation, but if this is a better way to help I'm all about it.

Can someone savvier about this stuff than myself let me know what I should do to maximize my impact and help?

HuskiesFan1014

Reaction Score
So I wanted to go to the game, but unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll be able to get down there because of Christmas obligations.

I would like to help the cause though. Was thinking of buying two tix through the school and just donating them to some students or fans who can't swing both tickets and transportation, but if this is a better way to help I'm all about it.

Can someone savvier about this stuff than myself let me know what I should do to maximize my impact and help?
Just click on the link here and jump on the wagon.

Reaction Score
Just click on the link here and jump on the wagon.

I get that Tilt page, but I am asking if that's more impactful than a ticket purchase and subsequent transfer to a student/fan.

Are you guys going to use the Tilt funds to buy through the UConnBowl.com web site or secondary market? Because if you're going to buy through the secondary market it doesn't help the school's allotment as much and frankly I'd rather make sure we are selling our allotment, because I think that means more to the national perception of the program.

Reaction Score
NYUConn said:
I get that Tilt page, but I am asking if that's more impactful than a ticket purchase and subsequent transfer to a student/fan. Are you guys going to use the Tilt funds to buy through the UConnBowl.com web site or secondary market? Because if you're going to buy through the secondary market it doesn't help the school's allotment as much and frankly I'd rather make sure we are selling our allotment, because I think that means more to the national perception of the program.
No I will buy the tickets through the school. Already talked to the ticket office. I'll be able to buy at my ticket level. Unless.... Someone higher than golden husky wants to buy them to get better seating...

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Excellent. I'm in for a hundo.

Good work, guys.
Nice job, same here. We're at $1375. Can we get three students to the game?

Reaction Score
Nice job, same here. We're at $1375. Can we get three students to the game?
Based on the pattern of contributions for the Fiesta Bowl trip my guess is that we'll end up with at least five minimum in FLA. Contributions really flowed in during the second week as it became more real. I bet we push $4 or $5k before this is said and done

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Big thanks to Nan and all the 'Yarders who made this happen!! Take and post lots of pictures!!
Not me, unfortunately. I'll be at the out-law's for Christmas. Jarhead will have to take the appropriate photos.

To get the ball rolling, thoughts on the below?

Criteria for students - they need to tell us why we should help them get to the Bowl, in whatever media format they prefer (a post, a video, a song, whatever). Grading is on their passion for UConn football, extra points for creativity and for making us laugh. Deadline is December 17 (?)

I think it should be made clear that the Boneyard will be donating funds to the student to defray their expenses but that we can't guarantee that we'll cover 100% of their costs. There was a misunderstanding last time we did this and I'm hoping to avoid that. I don't want someone booking a nice vacation down in Florida for themselves and their family and expect us to write the check to cover their costs.

Reaction Score

Criteria for students - they need to tell us why we should help them get to the Bowl, in whatever media format they prefer (a post, a video, a song, whatever). Grading is on their passion for UConn football, extra points for creativity and for making us laugh. Deadline is December 17 (?)

I think it should be made clear that the Boneyard will be donating funds to the student to defray their expenses but that we can't guarantee that we'll cover 100% of their costs. There was a misunderstanding last time we did this and I'm hoping to avoid that. I don't want someone booking a nice vacation down in Florida for themselves and their family and expect us to write the check to cover their costs.

Agree...

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
If there aren't any submissions from current students I graduated in May 2015 and would love to go but wouldn't be able to make it work financially. Am going to donate to this regardless but will make any sort of video/entry necessary if it came down to it. Just wanted to put it out there :)

HuskiesFan1014

Reaction Score
Nan....will you create a new thread solely for students to submit their plea? This thread can get rather convoluted and it might be easier with one new thread for submissions. Is there any place to "advertise" this other than here (although if they have a passion for UCFB they'd better have already been following this!;))
December 15 would give one week from today to get entries in, and leave a couple days for "judging" and still give enough time to make arrangements and plans, etc. (just my two cents, and that's about what it's worth.)

Reaction Score
Not me, unfortunately. I'll be at the out-law's for Christmas. Jarhead will have to take the appropriate photos.

Seconded!

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I nominate SAMCRO to be a judge. He ran a great Pick-Em this season.

Reaction Score
Looks like this is going to happen with or without you. You don't think some lucky student(s) would be not only willing, but extremely grateful, for the chance to go to a bowl game, never mind in a much warmer climate? G6 opponent? Terrible date?
C'mon, man!

I guess not....

And to be clear I take no pride in predicting this. I think its awesome the Boneyard does stuff like this. Its sad that we can't even give away a free trip but all the signs were there that this would be the likely outcome.

HuskiesFan1014

Reaction Score
I guess not....

And to be clear I take no pride in predicting this. I think its awesome the Boneyard does stuff like this. Its sad that we can't even give away a free trip but all the signs were there that this would be the likely outcome.
Sounds a bit like pride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22