Thursday games lineup | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Thursday games lineup

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Who wants that last #2 seed?

For now it's between NC State, Oregon State and Maryland.

NC State was #8 on Feb. 11 and has picked up a quality road win over Syracuse since then.
Oregon State was #12 and picked up a huge win over Oregon.
Maryland was #11 and won't be punished for losing on the road to Iowa.
But everyone else in contention has faltered.

Current seedings IMHO:
1. Baylor, 2. Oregon, 3. Louisville, 4. UConn, 5. ND, 6, Miss St, 7. Stanford, 8. NC St
9. Oregon St, 10. MD, 11. Iowa, 12. SC, 13. Miami, 14. Marquette, 15. KY, 16. Gonzaga

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Kenny Brooks can coach....they’ll get there!
Umm, they’re 4-9 in Conference play with losses to UVA, NC and GT and the other top 6 teams in the conference, which if he could coach, would have had a few more wins.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Ssshh: Don't jinx it. Imagine the presser. Better than ham, eggs and grits!
Ha and just as you say that, Tennessee goes on a 7-0 run to cut the lead to 15.

If Holly gets this down to single digits, another four year extension! :)

Kayla Wells has gone off in this game, 29 points on 10-14 shooting. I know Carter gets all the pub, but A&M's supporting cast has come a long way.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Ssshh: Don't jinx it. Imagine the presser. Better than ham, eggs and grits!

Jinx started. Lead down to 15 and TA&M coughed up the ball. Carter can just
blow her team up as well as save it

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Jinx started. Lead down to 15 and TA&M coughed up the ball. Carter can just
blow her team up as well as save it

Never mind. :oops:

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
OMG! Freakin enough! Seriously, your team played one of the worst teams in P5 and I had to read far too many updates in a blowout and now you want to tout your record? You have 2 more games you will lose in Louisville and Miami and you have a rival game with NC. So seriously go to the NC State site and tout how wonderful your players are over there! Be self aware you are on UCONN’s website!!!!

Your target's contribution to making the thread interesting was significant.

And the above was your contribution.

Well done.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Wow. TN has quit. TAMU slicing through them with ease.

Been their modus operandi. Maybe 4 games ago Holly said she was going to train them up on effort, since technique and fundamentals seemed out the window. Not her exact words, but that is what she said. Sad really.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Wow! Tennessee with the offensive outburst to cut the final margin of victory to only 17! What a comeback, just barely came up short.

LOTS of positives for the Lady Vol fans to take away from this game. Holly really has this team on the right track.

Reaction Score
Umm, they’re 4-9 in Conference play with losses to UVA, NC and GT and the other top 6 teams in the conference, which if he could coach, would have had a few more wins.
Perhaps you are unfamiliar with his coaching history. 337-122 with six NCAA bids in 14 years at JMU; His record at Tech is 56-31, after taking over a team that was 30-34 the two years prior to his arrival. While those #s may not impress you, they speak for themselves.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Perhaps you are unfamiliar with his coaching history. 337-122 with six NCAA bids in 14 years at JMU; His record at Tech is 56-31, after taking over a team that was 30-34 the two years prior to his arrival. While those #s may not impress you, they speak for themselves.

The really sad thing is...if Virginia Tech could make the NCAAT, they would be a dangerous team to face. They have the weapons for a run to the Sweet 16.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
OMG! Freakin enough! Seriously, your team played one of the worst teams in P5 and I had to read far too many updates in a blowout and now you want to tout your record? You have 2 more games you will lose in Louisville and Miami and you have a rival game with NC. So seriously go to the NC State site and tout how wonderful your players are over there! Be self aware you are on UCONN’s website!!!!
Way harsh. Not sure why you unloaded on him.

Reaction Score
Just scroll past stuff you find uninteresting. I like to read reactions for certain games. You can normally figure out if it's a game you are interested in.

Be mindful that you are on a UConn board that welcomes all posters from other teams, ON A THREAD THAT IS ABOUT TODAYS GAMES.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Clemson lost tonight down in Atlanta. They need two victories to reach 10 conference wins for the season.... and they have two conference games left. The last time they won double digits in the ACC...... 2001. If I were a betting man.... I would bet they fall short of their goal.

Reaction Score
OMG! Freakin enough! Seriously, your team played one of the worst teams in P5 and I had to read far too many updates in a blowout and now you want to tout your record? You have 2 more games you will lose in Louisville and Miami and you have a rival game with NC. So seriously go to the NC State site and tout how wonderful your players are over there! Be self aware you are on UCONN’s website!!!!.

Dude. Decaf.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
TAMU slaps UT LaVols sideways, even though TAMU isn’t playing all that well. Tonight, they don’t have to. Holly is just being Holly: no offensive plan beyond dribble a lot, try to get fouled, and otherwise launch from wherever you are. Just wow.
You sound like some of the posters on Volnation. Their comments are fun to read after a loss. TAMU needs better play from their big players. Too many times they missed shots close to the basket and when they got a rebound they threw it to a Tennessee player, resulting in a basket. In the first half, Wells would be open, waiting for a pass and Carter wold completely ignore her and take her own shot. It seemed as if she was jealous of Wells' success. It seems to me she needs an attitude change.

Reaction Score
I have watched several of the Miami games and enjoy watching them play. I was disappointed in the game tonight, but I noticed a few things that may have led to the upset. The whole team showed signs of fatigue. Hof and Mompremier, especially, seemed tired, and the coach played either one or the other, but not both, through most of the first half. Usually they play together and play off of each other. Many shots were missed by a lot and the guards were making poor choices and often throwing the ball away. I suspect that some of the emotional letdown was inevitable after defeating Louisville on Sunday.

Maybe the most important factor in the loss was mentioned in the second half. The night before the game (Wednesday night), the Miami team flight had been diverted due to bad weather and they had to make a 2 hour, late night, drive to make it for the game. Fatigue, travel, and emotional ups and downs may be much more of a factor for the remainder of the season, and, particularly, in the NCAA tournament this year with many more teams being vulnerable to upsets because of parity.

Reaction Score
It's at the point in the season where most teams are tired and there will be some off nights. Tonight MSU beat Ole Miss but it wasn't a blowout. Last Thursday I watched the loss to Missouri and the Tigers made some great shots. In both games MSU gave up the three point line and the opposition connected on long rang shots at a pretty high percentage. It didn't matter much against OM but the lack of three point defense made the score closer than it should have been.

The lack of depth by Mississippi State has shown up over the later part of the season. The loss of Bibby is noticeable as AEH doesn't have her size and isn't the defender Bibby was becoming. The reserves aren't bad but there is a considerable drop off when McCowan, Howard, Holmes and Danberry come off the floor.

Honestly I think we could make the FF if the stars line up but I could also see us losing in the S16 if perimeter defense doesn't improve. If we match up with a team of shooters I will be concerned.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom