Thursday (3/7) games | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Thursday (3/7) games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
LSU women.. You had one job Head bang
Seriously. I can forgive a lot of things. I can forgive horrible offense, losing at home to Tulane ... but to lose twice to Tennessee? I can’t forgive.

Reaction Score
Seriously. I can forgive a lot of things. I can forgive horrible offense, losing at home to Tulane ... but to lose twice to Tennessee? I can’t forgive.

DrIC4okUUAETxYk-718x490.jpg

I'm gonna have to get a drink later.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
LSU Tenn game predictable.... Congrats Tennessee.... maybe a bit of heat taken off Holly

Reaction Score
WINT is not acceptable at LSU
600,000 in buyout which is pocket change for our athletic department.

I thought her buyout was 200K, which I frankly think is fair for how long she's been at LSU. 600K not so much.

ETA: The buyout is 200K but I don't think she's out. I think she'll get another year at least. There was a huge talent gap between LSU and Tennessee and they still almost got the W. Her 2019 class is ranked #20 with two in state guards so I also think that gives her another year.

Rabalais: Nikki Fargas will get her three more years, but it's what she does with them that counts

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Creme upgrades Tenn from last in to 2nd-to-last in, and LSU slips to 6th out.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Creme upgrades Tenn from last in to 2nd-to-last in, and LSU slips to 6th out.
And that is far from safe. Those last couple spots could go away if other teams near the cut line win games, or if “bid stealers” emerge from the lesser conferences.

Edit to add: And even if they stay there in his projection, he isn’t always right about those last few teams in.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
think she'll get another year at least. There was a huge talent gap between LSU and Tennessee and they still almost got the W.

lol

Yea I am not sure this is a fair argument. Tennessee is not a very good team and plays to its level of competition. Hell they lost to Vandy at home.

The reality is the attendance has dropped dramatically and boosters are not giving back as of late. LSU WBB boosters used to donate a lot. It has slid a lot over the last three years, and it will do more so this offseason. We are extremely mediocre. We don't recruit consistently. When we get talent, it ends up transferring or getting suspended.

Reaction Score
(1) WNIT
(2) when does her contract expire? and do you know the buyout?
She has been making 900,000 dollars a year for the last 8 years and has never made it past the first round of NCAA tourney except for one year, 2013 I think. She makes more money than Holly for Gosh sakes and her record is like 145 wins and 100 losses. Geno has not lost 100 games in the last 30 years.

Reaction Score
lol

Yea I am not sure this is a fair argument. Tennessee is not a very good team and plays to its level of competition. Hell they lost to Vandy at home.

The reality is the attendance has dropped dramatically and boosters are not giving back as of late. LSU WBB boosters used to donate a lot. It has slid a lot over the last three years, and it will do more so this offseason. We are extremely mediocre. We don't recruit consistently. When we get talent, it ends up transferring or getting suspended.

I'm a UCLA fan so I know exactly what you're going through because it was well predicted when she left. However, you can look at the rosters and see that on paper at least, Tennessee is loaded with All Americans and LSU isn't. I agree Tennessee isn't very good and LSU isn't very good but is that enough to let her go? A lot of the same arguments, i.e. lack of boosters, poor recruiting, etc. has been going on before she got the extension.

Reaction Score
She has been making 900,000 dollars a year for the last 8 years and has never made it past the first round of NCAA tourney except for one year, 2013 I think. She makes more money than Holly for Gosh sakes and her record is like 145 wins and 100 losses. Geno has not lost 100 games in the last 30 years.
Nikki Fargas - Wikipedia

145-101 after today. But she made it past the first round her first 3 years.

LSU has always been tough for us, so I probably think she's not as bad as you do based on the bias in that sample. The funny thing is that I think Fargas would do better than Holly at Tenn based on the idea that the recruiting would be better just because of the LV brand, while LSU seems more limited by talent than coaching in my limited sample of games watched. Your 2-3 zone isn't the same as Auburn's for creating turnovers but it always seemed to me like LSU was very good under Fargas at creating turnovers. When that works and the transition offense creates layups, they do well. But the half court offense struggles. Is that a fair take?

But her record at LSU means Tenn won't want her.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Colorado whittled a 12 point halftime deficit down to 2 a minute ago. 38-34 ASU nearing end of Q3. I'm not watching. Based on score this is probably in the unwatchable category. ASU is a solid program, but they are not fun to watch.

Reaction Score

I wasn’t advocating for her.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Killer loss for Buckeyes who likely would've gotten an improbable WNIT bid with a win. Now at 14-14, dunno.
They’re still in the top 100 of the RPI. I’ll be shocked if they don’t get a WNIT invite.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This tournament has been in Greensboro since 2000, and this is the FIRST time that I will see Clemson play 

Plebe

Reaction Score
Colorado whittled a 12 point halftime deficit down to 2 a minute ago. 38-34 ASU nearing end of Q3. I'm not watching. Based on score this is probably in the unwatchable category. ASU is a solid program, but they are not fun to watch.
I was at the game and I didn’t find it unwatchable. Just because a game is low scoring doesn’t necessarily make it ugly or poorly played imho . Colorado went on a run in 3Q when Alexis Robinson caught fire. But ASU really responded when it mattered and played a beautiful 4th quarter.

Meanwhile Arizona played an amazing first half vs USC and is up 44-21 at halftime. I can’t remember the last time AZ scored that much in a half.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I was at the game and I didn’t find it unwatchable. Just because a game is low scoring doesn’t necessarily make it ugly or poorly played imho . Colorado went on a run in 3Q when Alexis Robinson caught fire. But ASU really responded when it mattered and played a beautiful 4th quarter.

Meanwhile Arizona played an amazing first half vs USC and is up 44-21 at halftime. I can’t remember the last time AZ scored that much in a half.

Ha, I figured you were going to call me on that. OSU plays plenty of grinders, I've definitely watched some of that style. It works for ASU, CTT has had a very nice run there.

Looks like 'Zona is getting scoring from several players, not just Aari, and they are hitting the 3 ball.

Have fun in Vegas. I never took advantage while the tourney was in Seattle, I should have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom