Thursday (3/7) games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Thursday (3/7) games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Important win for Syracuse, probably just locked up a hosting spot. They play Miami next, and a loss will not likely hurt them.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Although LSU had the lead at half time and still lead with 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, I think the Lady Vols will win this game. LSU is more out of sync on offense then the Lady Vols are. Don't understand why LSU players just outside of the three point line are begging for the ball, but then aren't ready to shoot when they get the ball. Most of the time they have enough space to shoot a good three point shot.

Reaction Score
Although LSU had the lead at half time and still lead with 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, I think the Lady Vols will win this game. LSU is more out of sync on offense then the Lady Vols are. Don't understand why LSU players just outside of the three point line are begging for the ball, but then aren't ready to shoot when they get the ball. Most of the time they have enough space to shoot a good three point shot.

Because Nikki recruits pretty bad shooters

Plebe

Reaction Score
You know you're in bad shape when your offense is *more* out of sync than Tennessee's :)

(Although maybe I shouldn't be talking because come to think of it UConn's offense was pretty darn out of sync vs. South Florida :()

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
49-47 LSU after 3. I think Westbrook can and will take over in the 4th. Unless she picks up her 4th foul.

Reaction Score
Mich St pulling away from NW. I know CC h ad them as a #9, but I think they could've been on the bubble with a loss.

Reaction Score
We can start saying our goodbyes to Virginia. Really a disappointing season, having returned most of their key players from an NCAA tournament team.
That’s one way to look at it. Another is to recognize that their would be starting PG (Toi) and 6’9” starting center missed all and most of the season respectively. Plus a PF transfer from Purdue, who likely would have contributed, didn’t get a waiver (while many others this year did). Finally, a new coach was installing a much faster paced style of play... that took awhile to adjust to.

I loved UVA’s “never give up” attitude and felt they improved significantly from the beginning of the year. They only lose 1 player (Jones), gain a top 50 freshman and the transfer. I’m really looking forward to Next year and a second year of Tina!

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
As a Sun Devil fan I need to share with you my worry and potential upset. The Lady Devils beat Colorado twice this year the first time by only six points. I believe Kennedy Leonard is back and playing. This is an early game and look for potential upset on the part of Colorado.

if the Devil's due get by Colorado they're going to face a chainsaw in UCLA who is playing the best basketball in the Pac-12 recently.

As to the Arizona SC contest I'm not sure that that really does have bubble implications both are destined for the Wnit in my view. it will be interesting to see McDonald for the wildcats versus the sisters at Southern Cal. This is actually is going to be the best game of the day in the Pac12

This is a great time of year for women basketball fans.
If the winner of Arizona-SC goes on to beat Oregon, I think that team will move into the tournament. Big if, but still. And yes, some fun players to watch in that game.

Reaction Score
LSU's wheels are coming off it looks like

A7oVQR.gif

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well Janelle Bailey is officially out for today's game. Not sure if it was the ACC handing down the suspension or Coach Hatchell.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Well Janelle Bailey is officially out for today's game. Not sure if it was the ACC handing down the suspension or Coach Hatchell.
I don't know if I care about that, but where is the footage of her crossing paths in the hallway with the Duke players??

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I love how SECN/ESPN are playing the "loser is eliminated from the Big Dance because Charlie Creme says so" buildup for this 8/9 LSU-TN matchup. That's Charlie's opinion, (I know that there are plenty of Charlie followers here, but whatever) and has no bearing on the Committee's final decision.
IMO, Unless there are a huge number of early upsets during the P5 Conference Tournaments, Tennessee is going to be in the Big Dance. Why, because it's Tennessee and Pat's Legacy still means something.

Reaction Score
Why did LSU just burn their last timeout with 28 seconds left? TN was likely going to call a timeout anyways...

Reaction Score
Welp, that is it for our season.

Time to get rid of Nikki, she is pathetic.

Reaction Score
(1) WNIT
(2) when does her contract expire? and do you know the buyout?

WINT is not acceptable at LSU
600,000 in buyout which is pocket change for our athletic department.

They extended her contract 3 years this past fall for "recruiting purposes"

Sick of her excuses and product on the court.

Reaction Score
So Tennessee goes into a game they're supposed to win- easily. And they win by 3 points, and barely, with LSU putting up a three-point shot at the last second.

Who was it on this website who wrote that Westbrook would pull it out for UT? Spot on!

Reaction Score
So Tennessee goes into a game they're supposed to win- easily. And they win by 3 points, and barely, with LSU putting up a three-point shot at the last second.

Who was it on this website who wrote that Westbrook would pull it out for UT? Spot on!
Who said they were supposed to win easily?

It doesn't exactly take Kreskin to know that the team's best player is gonna play a key role in the win.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I don't know if I care about that, but where is the footage of her crossing paths in the hallway with the Duke players??

What? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104