Thoughts about the Ashland game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Thoughts about the Ashland game

Reaction Score
Love their highlights. I think about every basket they made was in it! You would never guess the game score by that! ;)

Reaction Score
My apologies, I somehow picked up your response to Fairfield Fan and BobbyJ's comments......I was referring to their quick criticism of the freshmen...your response to them was right on the money....sorry about that...
And where was my quick criticism? I asked how and why she might be in less than optimum condition.

Reaction Score
And where was my quick criticism? I asked how and why she might be in less than optimum condition.

I would just say that some players take longer to get in sync with the program then others.............she barely played during the Italy trip so she's got to work her way back.........how about waiting till the season is at least partly over before criticizing her .........BTW do we know that her lack of playing time is due to just a conditioning issue? Frankly if Lexi Gordon's playing time is the biggest issue with this team then all is good..........

Reaction Score
Molly looked tentative again. She stands outside the three-point line and doesn't move. Twice when she brought the ball down the court she passed the ball to Z way outside the three-point circle. Molly's supposed to be the point guard not Z. She seems to have little confidence.

Reaction Score
I would just say that some players take longer to get in sync with the program then others...she barely played during the Italy trip so she's got to work her way back....how about waiting till the season is at least partly over before criticizing her ....BTW do we know that her lack of playing time is due to just a conditioning issue? Frankly if Lexi Gordon's playing time is the biggest issue with this team then all is good.....
Again, where was my criticism? Did you read my post? Where was I critical?

Reaction Score
Again, where was my criticism? Did you read my post? Where was I critical?

Not a big deal..............my question is why should we be concerned about a freshman destined for the bench this year unless she all of a sudden plays like a junior?......do we really don't know why Geno's put her in the dog house and if in fact it's her conditioning then she's got plenty of time to work her way out of it.........heck Saniya was in the dog house for almost three years!!!.........my main focus was Fairfield Fan who was a bit over the top to say that he is surprised by the lack of talent from three of the freshmen based on a few minutes in the second exhibition game of the season..........is that the best way to judge young players these days?

Reaction Score
Not a big deal....my question is why should we be concerned about a freshman destined for the bench this year unless she all of a sudden plays like a junior?.do we really don't know why Geno's put her in the dog house and if in fact it's her conditioning then she's got plenty of time to work her way out of it....heck Saniya was in the dog house for almost three years!!!....my main focus was Fairfield Fan who was a bit over the top to say that he is surprised by the lack of talent from three of the freshmen based on a few minutes in the second exhibition game of the season.....is that the best way to judge young players these days?
No it’s not. I expect all but Walker to play mop up minutes this year. I was not necessarily focused on Gordon’s conditioning alone. I was wondering how any 18 yo could go through about 4 months of on and off intensive work and not be in comparable shape with the rest of the team unless there was an injury involved.

Reaction Score
No it’s not. I expect all but Walker to play mop up minutes this year. I was not necessarily focused on Gordon’s conditioning alone. I was wondering how any 18 yo could go through about 4 months of on and off intensive work and not be in comparable shape with the rest of the team unless there was an injury involved.

She may just not be quite as athletic.........she is a bit "bigger boned" then the other freshman, so she may be better equipped for playing inside but not as much for end to end action........that's just all supposition on my part..........I don't get to read everything so did Geno actually say that she is sitting because of her less then stellar conditioning?

Reaction Score
She may just not be quite as athletic....she is a bit "bigger boned" then the other freshman, so she may be better equipped for playing inside but not as much for end to end action...that's just all supposition on my part.....I don't get to read everything so did Geno actually say that she is sitting because of her less then stellar conditioning?
I have no idea but I wouldn’t think that he would. I just picked up on it as speculation from a post I was reading.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
She may just not be quite as athletic....she is a bit "bigger boned" then the other freshman, so she may be better equipped for playing inside but not as much for end to end action...that's just all supposition on my part.....I don't get to read everything so did Geno actually say that she is sitting because of her less then stellar conditioning?

I think the only language he used was "pace of play" which I do not think is necessarily the same since that can be mental decision making / instincts etc. Some players just take a little longer to acclimate.

Reaction Score
I think the only language he used was "pace of play" which I do not think is necessarily the same since that can be mental decision making / instincts etc. Some players just take a little longer to acclimate.

it's kind of like you are a great driver on the local go cart track and then all of a sudden your racing in the Monaco Grand Prix...........not easy..................

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom