Those weak disappointing Huskies, and what needs to be done | The Boneyard

Those weak disappointing Huskies, and what needs to be done

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Well, it's that time of year again when I have pull on my crabby socks, hitch up my grumpy pants and give all you Husky fans the lowdown on the future misfortunes of your team.

I know a lot of you want to bury your heads in sun-drenched sands and be all cheery, but the truth is that all you pollyanna types with happy feet don't have a leg to stand on. DavidinNaples, why are you posting stats about a 40-game season when you know the Huskies are probably playing only 33? pap49cba, why are you rattling off encouraging posts when there's so little to be encouraged about? huskybill, stop already with all your deadly serious platitudes about UConn's strengths and start finding all the fun in Husky mishaps. And tonyc, I don't want to get all negative on you, but was there ever a UConn team in recent times that you didn't like? Get over it!

The problem with this year's team is that it isn't just one player we can all gang up on and pick to death on the BY like we could in other years. This year, it's everybody. And unlike the Cheerful Charlies above who just mumble nice feel-goodie stuff or use meaningless stats, I believe in using real numbers to show how bad bad bad everything is. Running the gauntlet:

• Breanna Stewart. Okay, after last year's MOP we all just knew that Stewie would be giving us 30+ points a game. So what happens? She's done it ONCE, with 37 BFD points against Temple. And she follows it up with a 12 point OMG yesterday. That's a 25 POINT DROP OFF, and if all the other players had followed her lead, they'd be in deep negative figures. Stewie's clearly no leader, and her coach says she doesn't know how to play defense. It doesn't help if Stewie scores 80 points and the other team goes for 81 against her in the paint. Doomed.
  • Bria Hartley. OMG! Can we see a little effort out of Bria, please? She's had 1 friggin' block the whole year. I mean, Odyssey Sims and her teammates give that many flops in 10 seconds. Long Island girls, geesh!
  • Stef Dolson. Some of the pollyanna types here might be happy with her 12 points a game, but she could be doing a lot better, and there's no reason for her to be underperforming. And that 30% 3-pt shooting? OMG! Maybe she's hit the senior wall, but she shouldn't be bricking'em like that.
  • Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis. Last year we were all pretty happy with her 49% 3-pt shooting, but this year it's way down at 42%. That makes me mad.
  • Moriah Jefferson. We always make allowances for the little ones, and yeah her 57% FG shooting is pretty good, but she averages less than 1 offensive rebound every 40 minutes. MoJeff's gotta elevate her game big time.
  • Morgan Tuck. I know, I know, you shouldn't kick a player when she's down, but that's never stopped any of us real BYers before. If Morgan really cared about me, she wouldn't have got injured and got me all upset about it.
  • Saniya Chong. OMG, Miss Inconsistency. I know that after yesterday we can rest assured that she'll be giving us 4 three-pointers every game for the rest of the year, but she's so undependable. Yesterday no steals and 1 BFD rebound. The game before, no points and no blocks. You cannot trust freshmen because they can never get over walls that are more than one brick high.
  • Kiah Stokes. Did she ever get a rebound that wasn't immediately snatched from her? As any football coach will tell you, if you don't hold onto the ball, you lose the game. And Kiah's already lost about a million of them for us this year.
  • Brianna Banks. There's too many (Brianna/Breanna/Briana)'s on the team.
  • Tierney Lawlor. Yeah, yeah, we love the cute story about the sub who can come in and shoot threes at a 42% rate. But in 16 games this season, she's made only 6 two-point attempts, and she's clearly paralyzed to take them. If Geno goes against convention and gives TLaw 20 minutes in a big tourney game, that kind of freeze-up could kill us.
  • Briana Pulido. I don't like to say bad things about track girls, who are all goddesses and supreme beings, but I did notice that Briana did not get into yesterday's game. I don't want to start baseless speculations, but that's a main pastime with us real BYers, so I'm just going to ask whether our walk-on has been taking a walk on the wild side in practice.
  • The coaches. They're just so inconsistent. One moment they're saying a player is defensively challenged and they've been worried about the defense, and in the next thing they're admitting that the team D is doing okay. And they really shouldn't be saying anything nice because that just makes the players complacent and they end up going into a 10-game tailspin because the starters are all out of joint and the bench is.........just god help us. Obviously Geno and staff lost their touch years ago.
Sorry to break in on the celebration, but you jubilations elated type people needed to be told the truth. The only thing that can be done to maybe save the Huskies is for us all to post lots of messages about how bad and weak they are, and then maybe like in all those other years, they'll suddenly get much better and win an NC.

Let the negative nattering begin!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You just don't stop do you? Why is it so hard for you to understand that as great as this team is that it is not perfect and infallible. All anyone wants here is for them to be the best they can be and continue to get better in all areas of their game. You are so quick to jump when anyone criticizes any aspect of the team. Let me let you in on something that's what you do on a fan forum you bring up the positives, negatives, things you like, things you want to see improved on. I can tell that you definitely were not a successful athlete at any point in your life or else you would understand the will to never be satisfied. Bottom line .....[mod edit personal insult removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Well, it's that time of year again when I have pull on my crabby socks, hitch up my grumpy pants and give all you Husky fans the lowdown on the future misfortunes of your team.

I know a lot of you want to bury your heads in sun-drenched sands and be all cheery, but the truth is that all you pollyanna types with happy feet don't have a leg to stand on. DavidinNaples, why are you posting stats about a 40-game season when you know the Huskies are probably playing only 33? pap49cba, why are you rattling off encouraging posts when there's so little to be encouraged about? huskybill, stop already with all your deadly serious platitudes about UConn's strengths and start finding all the fun in Husky mishaps. And tonyc, I don't want to get all negative on you, but was there ever a UConn team in recent times that you didn't like? Get over it!

The problem with this year's team is that it isn't just one player we can all gang up on and pick to death on the BY like we could in other years. This year, it's everybody. And unlike the Cheerful Charlies above who just mumble nice feel-goodie stuff or use meaningless stats, I believe in using real numbers to show how bad bad bad everything is. Running the gauntlet:

• [ ]Breanna Stewart. Okay, after last year's MOP we all just knew that Stewie would be giving us 30+ points a game. So what happens? She's done it ONCE, with 37 BFD points against Temple. And she follows it up with a 12 point OMG yesterday. That's a 25 POINT DROP OFF, and if all the other players had followed her lead, they'd be in deep negative figures. Stewie's clearly no leader, and her coach says she doesn't know how to play defense. It doesn't help if Stewie scores 80 points and the other team goes for 81 against her in the paint. Doomed.
    [ ]Bria Hartley. OMG! Can we see a little effort out of Bria, please? She's had 1 friggin' block the whole year. I mean, Odyssey Sims and her teammates give that many flops in 10 seconds. Long Island girls, geesh!
    [ ]Stef Dolson. Some of the pollyanna types here might be happy with her 12 points a game, but she could be doing a lot better, and there's no reason for her to be underperforming. And that 30% 3-pt shooting? OMG! Maybe she's hit the senior wall, but she shouldn't be bricking'em like that.
    [ ]Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis. Last year we were all pretty happy with her 49% 3-pt shooting, but this year it's way down at 42%. That makes me mad.
    [ ]Moriah Jefferson. We always make allowances for the little ones, and yeah her 57% FG shooting is pretty good, but she averages less than 1 offensive rebound every 40 minutes. MoJeff's gotta elevate her game big time.
    [ ]Morgan Tuck. I know, I know, you shouldn't kick a player when she's down, but that's never stopped any of us real BYers before. If Morgan really cared about me, she wouldn't have got injured and got me all upset about it.
    [ ]Saniya Chong. OMG, Miss Inconsistency. I know that after yesterday we can rest assured that she'll be giving us 4 three-pointers very game for the rest of the year, but she's so undependable. Yesterday no steals and 1 BFD rebound. The game before, no points and no blocks. You cannot trust freshmen because they can never get over walls that are more than one brick high.
    [ ]Kiah Stokes. Did she ever get a rebound that wasn't immediately snatched from her? As any football coach will tell you, if you don't hold onto the ball, you lose the game. And Kiah's already lost about a million of them for us this year.
    [ ]Brianna Banks. There's too many (Brianna/Breanna/Briana)'s on the team.
    [ ]Tierney Lawlor. Yeah, yeah, we love the cute story about the sub who can come in and shoot threes at a 42% rate. But in 16 games this season, she's made only 6 two-point attempts, and she's clearly paralyzed to take them. If Geno goes against convention and gives TLaw 20 points in a big tourney game, that kind of freeze-up could kill us.
    [ ]Briana Pulido. I don't like to say bad things about track girls, who are all goddesses and supreme beings, but I did notice that Briana did not get into yesterday's game. I don't want to start baseless speculations, but that's a main pastime with us real BYers, so I'm just going to ask whether our walk-on has been taking a walk on the wild side in practice.
    [ ]The coaches. They're just so inconsistent. One moment they're saying a player is defensively challenged and they've been worried about the defense, and in the next thing they're admitting that the team D is doing okay. And they really shouldn't be saying anything nice because that just makes the players complacent and they end up going into a 10-game tailspin because the starters are all out of joint and the bench is....just god help us. Obviously Geno and staff lost their touch years ago.
Sorry to break in on the celebration, but you jubilations elated type people needed to be told the truth. The only thing that can be done to maybe save the Huskies is for us all to post lots of messages about how bad and weak they are, and then maybe like in all those other years, they'll suddenly get much better and win an NC.

With respect, you are one strange dude!

Reaction Score
You just don't stop do you? Why is it so hard for you to understand that as great as this team is that it is not perfect and infallible. All anyone wants here is for them to be the best they can be and continue to get better in all areas of their game. You are so quick to jump when anyone criticizes any aspect of the team. Let me let you in on something that's what you do on a fan forum you bring up the positives, negatives, things you like, things you want to see improved on. I can tell that you definitely were not a successful athlete at any point in your life or else you would understand the will to never be satisfied. Bottom line...[mode edit. personal insult removed].

I don't understand why he wrote this but you think it was because of your argument with him regarding Chong? Have you had other beefs with him as well?

Reaction Score

• [ ]Breanna Stewart. Okay, after last year's MOP we all just knew that Stewie would be giving us 30+ points a game. So what happens? She's done it ONCE, with 37 BFD points against Temple. And she follows it up with a 12 point OMG yesterday. That's a 25 POINT DROP OFF, and if all the other players had followed her lead, they'd be in deep negative figures. Stewie's clearly no leader, and her coach says she doesn't know how to play defense. It doesn't help if Stewie scores 80 points and the other team goes for 81 against her in the paint. Doomed.
    [ ]Bria Hartley. OMG! Can we see a little effort out of Bria, please? She's had 1 friggin' block the whole year. I mean, Odyssey Sims and her teammates give that many flops in 10 seconds. Long Island girls, geesh!
    [ ]Stef Dolson. Some of the pollyanna types here might be happy with her 12 points a game, but she could be doing a lot better, and there's no reason for her to be underperforming. And that 30% 3-pt shooting? OMG! Maybe she's hit the senior wall, but she shouldn't be bricking'em like that.
    [ ]Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis. Last year we were all pretty happy with her 49% 3-pt shooting, but this year it's way down at 42%. That makes me mad.
    [ ]Moriah Jefferson. We always make allowances for the little ones, and yeah her 57% FG shooting is pretty good, but she averages less than 1 offensive rebound every 40 minutes. MoJeff's gotta elevate her game big time.
    [ ]Morgan Tuck. I know, I know, you shouldn't kick a player when she's down, but that's never stopped any of us real BYers before. If Morgan really cared about me, she wouldn't have got injured and got me all upset about it.
    [ ]Saniya Chong. OMG, Miss Inconsistency. I know that after yesterday we can rest assured that she'll be giving us 4 three-pointers very game for the rest of the year, but she's so undependable. Yesterday no steals and 1 BFD rebound. The game before, no points and no blocks. You cannot trust freshmen because they can never get over walls that are more than one brick high.
    [ ]Kiah Stokes. Did she ever get a rebound that wasn't immediately snatched from her? As any football coach will tell you, if you don't hold onto the ball, you lose the game. And Kiah's already lost about a million of them for us this year.
    [ ]Tierney Lawlor. Yeah, yeah, we love the cute story about the sub who can come in and shoot threes at a 42% rate. But in 16 games this season, she's made only 6 two-point attempts, and she's clearly paralyzed to take them. If Geno goes against convention and gives TLaw 20 points in a big tourney game, that kind of freeze-up could kill us.
    [ ]Briana Pulido. I don't like to say bad things about track girls, who are all goddesses and supreme beings, but I did notice that Briana did not get into yesterday's game. I don't want to start baseless speculations, but that's a main pastime with us real BYers, so I'm just going to ask whether our walk-on has been taking a walk on the wild side in practice.
    [ ]The coaches. They're just so inconsistent. One moment they're saying a player is defensively challenged and they've been worried about the defense, and in the next thing they're admitting that the team D is doing okay. And they really shouldn't be saying anything nice because that just makes the players complacent and they end up going into a 10-game tailspin because the starters are all out of joint and the bench is....just god help us. Obviously Geno and staff lost their touch years ago.

Dumb

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
You just don't stop do you? Why is it so hard for you to understand that as great as this team is that it is not perfect and infallible. All anyone wants here is for them to be the best they can be and continue to get better in all areas of their game. You are so quick to jump when anyone criticizes any aspect of the team. Let me let you in on something that's what you do on a fan forum you bring up the positives, negatives, things you like, things you want to see improved on. I can tell that you definitely were not a successful athlete at any point in your life or else you would understand the will to never be satisfied. Bottom line .....[mod edit personal insult removed]
Bottom line.... disagree with the post. That's fine. Personal insult, not so much. Please refrain.

Reaction Score
DobbsRover2 maybe thinks the boneyard is for boneheads. i thought it was meant to be for dogs to chew on conversation that was more positive than not.. Am I missing something here? Maybe
Dobbs is pulling a Mulkey flop or something. :confused:

Reaction Score

Wow...even I knew Dobbs post is riddled with sarcasm and full of mojo restoration

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
DobbsRover2 said:

[ ]Breanna Stewart. Okay, after last year's MOP we all just knew that Stewie would be giving us 30+ points a game. So what happens? She's done it ONCE, with 37 BFD points against Temple. And she follows it up with a 12 point OMG yesterday. That's a 25 POINT DROP OFF, and if all the other players had followed her lead, they'd be in deep negative figures. Stewie's clearly no leader, and her coach says she doesn't know how to play defense. It doesn't help if Stewie scores 80 points and the other team goes for 81 against her in the paint. Doomed.

Wow. You're really on a roll lately, aren't you.

Is someone giving extra points for self-centered effrontery now? I guess I missed that memo.

Reaction Score
It's just an elaborate joke...

I think if you go back and read through the "weak bench" and "Saniya Chong" thread you will find that it is directed at people like me who had a different opinion than Dobbs.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
semper said:
It's just an elaborate joke...

You're missing the subtext, which Dobbs has been repeating ad nauseam lately. Enough.

Last edited:

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I get it now. Sorry to be dense....

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Gee. Dobbsie; you totally forgot to mention the tremendous drop-off in assists by both MoJet and Bria. Lamentable! And what has happened to Saniya's snake-like drives to the basket? And 20+ games into the season, MoJet still hasn't dunked.

Reaction Score
So many things to be worried about but the thing that has me most concerned is the number of times this year that the team has not played hard until the end of the game. I've observed many occasions that when the clock reads less than 30 seconds and the team completely quits playing. They probably need to go work on their conditioning more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom