Those are some butt ugly helmets... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Those are some butt ugly helmets...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Oregon has had some hideous uniforms and their home court floor is an abomination, but their helmets for the Rose Bowl were great.

I'd like to see a little continuity between UConn's uniforms in all sports. I think we generally have some very well-designed uniforms and they tie together better right now than they have, but there's some work to be done there.

Reaction Score
Those helmets are sick I wish we had the Nike connection.
Starter used to be a powerhouse athletic apparel provider. They made jerseys for the NFL and NHL, at least. The Whalers wore Starter jerseys in their last year. Imagine if the company didn't screw up.

Reaction Score
All we need is better looking jerseys. And maybe add some more silver to the helmets. Silver helmets would even be cool.

Reaction Score
Like Penn St, Southern Cal and Alabama, we should keep our current unis and helmets as is. They will forever define Husky Football. These garrish Nike and Underarmour variations are a fad and remind me of those Houston Astro multicolored abominations of the 80's or the constant changes of several NBA teams.
They're not a fad. Notice the space-age look spilled over into the NFL.

Reaction Score
Within reason, wouldn't hurt UConn to have a "special look" for certain games. Loved Florida's White Alternate Helmet. Ditto for South Florida. Actually liked both the Bull's white helmets and green helmets better than the gold ones. Don't want anything crazy like Maryland or even some of Oregon's uni's. The Ducks have some nice outfits, but others . . .!!! Time for UConn to step out of the Penn State boring shadow and modernize a little (not crazy, just a little).

Reaction Score
The rose petal infused "W" on the Wisconsin helmet was a cool, yet subtle, design.

Reaction Score
If I'm a player I'd much rather wear UConn's uniform and helmet to Oregon or Maryland's anyday.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Oregon has had some hideous uniforms and their home court floor is an abomination, but their helmets for the Rose Bowl were great.

I'd like to see a little continuity between UConn's uniforms in all sports. I think we generally have some very well-designed uniforms and they tie together better right now than they have, but there's some work to be done there.
You have to reconcile football's use to the block C with basketball's use of the Husky. I'm not sure what would be the best way to do that.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
All we need is better looking jerseys. And maybe add some more silver to the helmets. Silver helmets would even be cool.
Unis could use some red.

Reaction Score
Like Penn St, Southern Cal and Alabama, we should keep our current unis and helmets as is. They will forever define Husky Football. These garrish Nike and Underarmour variations are a fad and remind me of those Houston Astro multicolored abominations of the 80's or the constant changes of several NBA teams.
that's my view too. The real long term power programs don't change uniforms every other game. One basic pattern is all. Look at Michigan. they have worn the winged helmet forever. I know they did a one off for that ND game this year, but that uniform has not and won't see the light of day again. In fact, that uniform was dramatic BECAUSE it was so rare. They have worn a variation of the wing since 1938. Nebraska has worn the same helmet since 1970.
Oklhoma has basically worn th esame uniform since 1966. On the other hand, it is the wannabe programs that change uniforms and helmets every other year. I think in a few years, people will look back at the current uniforms as theylook at the Houston Astros uniforms of the mid-80s.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If I'm a player I'd much rather wear UConn's uniform and helmet to Oregon or Maryland's anyday.

If you were a player, you'd prefer Oregon's.

Reaction Score
You people do realize that Oregon has been doing this for years right? If it were a passing fad then it would have passed. We'll see.

Those helmets are pretty awesome. The main reason Oregon can get away with this uniform scheme is that they win alot and they are talented. If your team goes 2-10 and you try to pull stunts like that then you just look silly, unless of course you don't put names on the jerseys.

Reaction Score
Some players pick Oregon just because of the uniforms.

Reaction Score
Cell phones and laptops are just a fad... So are Facebook and Twitter and message boards.

Reaction Score
Nonsense.

And not because they are top 10 team every year and are fun to watch, get great national exposure and play against high level competition..Right.

Reaction Score
Phil Knight made Oregon football what they are now. And there have been statements made of recruits being fascinated by their uniforms. I am sorry you didn't know.

Reaction Score
Looks like some of you need to stick your noses up in the air just a little higher...

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
The main reason Oregon can get away with this uniform scheme is that they win alot and they are talented. If your team goes 2-10 and you try to pull stunts like that then you just look silly, unless of course you don't put names on the jerseys.

Did you just unintentionally describe Maryland?

Reaction Score
Pretty much. We're the ones who are out of touch here.

We may be a lot of things but the last thing we are is "out of touch". Ours are among the best uniforms and helmets in the country. The fads will come and go, but we'll remain true to who we are. And I still don't buy that SI article about players saying--"Thanks for the offer Texas and USC, but your uniforms are too staid, and that longhorn logo is so yesterday. I'm going where I can have a weekly change of uniforms in flashy double knit colors with platinum helmets. Hi Mom, look how fly I am"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom