Those are some butt ugly helmets... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Those are some butt ugly helmets...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We may be a lot of things but the last thing we are is "out of touch". Ours are among the best uniforms and helmets in the country. The fads will come and go, but we'll remain true to who we are. And I still don't buy that SI article about players saying--"Thanks for the offer Texas and USC, but your uniforms are too staid, and that longhorn logo is so yesterday. I'm going where I can have a weekly change of uniforms in flashy double knit colors with platinum helmets. Hi Mom, look how fly I am"

you consider our uniforms among the best in the nation?

Reaction Score
We may be a lot of things but the last thing we are is "out of touch". Ours are among the best uniforms and helmets in the country. The fads will come and go, but we'll remain true to who we are. And I still don't buy that SI article about players saying--"Thanks for the offer Texas and USC, but your uniforms are too staid, and that longhorn logo is so yesterday. I'm going where I can have a weekly change of uniforms in flashy double knit colors with platinum helmets. Hi Mom, look how fly I am"

This post shows how out of touch you are

Reaction Score
Really? I don't think so. When Michigan trades their current helmet for a Platinum one with wings, then we'll talk. I guess you guys are still are wearing those John Travolta white disco suits. They were also all the rage once. In fact they looked real fly.

Reaction Score
Really? I don't think so. When Michigan trades their current helmet for a Platinum one with wings, then we'll talk. I guess you guys are still are wearing those John Travolta white disco suits. They were also all the rage once. In fact they looked real fly.

John Travolta was well dressed at the time. That's the point. There are a handful of programs that have the tradition to remain true to classic (and it really is only a handful), but even those are bending a bit. See Notre Dame's new helmets?

But it is fine to think UConn has the best uniforms in the country - I salute your solidarity. At the same time (and I don't intend to offend you) I'll take the word of the players who are recruited to play the game, the coaches who recruit them and the ADs who set the course, rather than the UConn fan who probably hasn't done any of those three things and thinks his team wears the best uniforms in the country.

Reaction Score
I stand by my evidently out of touch with reality comments, lol, but I will say this. If new unis would get our fans into their seats by kickoff, we can talk.

Reaction Score

It's clear that your sarcasm detector is functioning correctly.

Reaction Score
I stand by my evidently out of touch with reality comments, lol, but I will say this. If new unis would get our fans into their seats by kickoff, we can talk.

Haha, likewise. And I'm not saying I'm a fan of the "fresh, fly" unis either - I thought Maryland looked silly on opening night in their "state flag" attire, and not just because Edsall is their coach. Well, that too.

But I will say that I tuned into the Rose Bowl not in small part to see what uniforms Oregon was wearing, and I would bet it all that more than a handful of recruits did, too.

Reaction Score
Phil Knight is an Oregon alumnus.
Phil Knight is the Nike guy.
Nike is a marketing company.
Oregon markets its football team like Nike markets its products.
The uniforms are part of a multifaceted marketing plan but not the only part.

BTW, the cheerleaders are part of the marketing plan, too. You think they grow that in Oregon? Have you ever been to Oregon? No, they ship that in from So. Cal. too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom