2020 Recruiting: - Thomas not making visit | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Thomas not making visit

Reaction Score
If anyone here was 17 years old, a great player, supremely confident in his ability, focused on getting to the NBA, with a horizon of basketball history limited to the last 4 or 5 years, and with all his family and friends latching on to the hype train, which of the following reasons for picking a school would you home in on?

1. A school in a high profile league that gets optimum TV exposure;
2. A school with a coach that gets hyped day and night;
3. A school that has players drafted every year;
4. A school with draftees widely recognized as among the best in the NBA;
5. A school that finds a way to "help" your family;
6. A school that goes to the tournament every year;
7. A school that goes to the tournament most years;
8. A school with a coach who has put very few players in the NBA;
9. A school with a coach with great knowledge, who cares about his players and helps build players for life after basketball;
10. A school that has won more championships than any other over the last twenty years.

Reaction Score
Five stars who are considered the best scorer in the EYBL aren't afraid of getting playing time at a school with a 16-17 record
It's easy to spot the fans who are living in a UConn basketball bubble.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
5th year Alterique > Freshman Cam

#fakenews. Straight up not true made up, not grounded in reality. You shouldn't lie to people like this.

Reaction Score
It's easy to spot the fans who are living in a UConn basketball bubble.
I feel like the UConn basketball bubble is wanting a big ranked outside the top 100 more than a 5 star elite scorer

Reaction Score
The plan should be to put on the full court press and land one of Cliff, Cardwell or Javonte Brown Ferguson. Reevaluate scholarship situation in the spring(remember we only have 1 2020 scholarship as of right now) and if one opens up(it likely will) target a transfer or late bloomer at guard.
First big willing to commit gets the scholarship.

Reaction Score
#fakenews. Straight up not true made up, not grounded in reality. You shouldn't lie to people like this.
My fault. I meant to use the sarcasm font on that post.

Reaction Score
He's so good and such a smart player. He would average 20ppg in the Big East right now.
Agreed, if I'm the staff I'm doing everything I can to hop back into his recruitment, especially with L$U possibly in hot water and UCLA prioritizing another 5 Star SG. Even if he commits to LSU, given their situation you never know if a decommitment is possible later on. Our 2020 class needs a dynamic scorer/ reliable 3 point shooter, unless we see huge leaps from BA, JB and JG this season.

C

Chief00

Agreed, if I'm the staff I'm doing everything I can to hop back into his recruitment, especially with L$U possibly in hot water and UCLA prioritizing another 5 Star SG. Even if he commits to LSU, given their situation you never know if a decommitment is possible later on. Our 2020 class needs a dynamic scorer/ reliable 3 point shooter, unless we see huge leaps from BA, JB and JG this season.
He’s in the dream mix.

Reaction Score
"Coach Wade was very consistent in the recruiting process," Thomas said. "Always staying in contact with both me and my mother. We are very close. Her being comfortable was important to me. When we visited back in September, we watched the team practice -- got to know the guys on the team more. Since then they have been in constant contact with me or my mother everyday. His consistency in the recruiting process was a big difference."

Reaction Score
Next level fan commitment
Screenshot_20191118-124145_Chrome.jpg

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Find the grad transfer that fills the need here.

Reaction Score
Find the grad transfer that fills the need here.

I agree 100%. This will be a good but young team next year providing both CV and AG leave. Goo news is there will be enough talented for an impactful Grad to join and provide the leadership to be very good. We will see but I like being patient and maybe getting a Seth Towns or alike.

Reaction Score
I'm not holding my breath and it seems neither are any of the teams implicated as there doesn't seem to be any change to their recruiting practices based on the results.
True. And it makes Georgia Tech's postseason ban an even bigger travesty than it already was. Feel for them

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Only go for a grad transfer if they are one of the most talented ones available. We don't have any use for an average grad transfer glue guy. Talent Talent Talent

I gotta disagree Kenny. If it's a choice between an average GT and nothing, you take the GT. There's absolutely no downside to that. At worst, you get an extra practice body. And you've effectively bought insurance against a rash of injuries.

All while keeping a valuable scholarship open for premium talent the following year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom