This thread is hilarious | Page 4 | The Boneyard

This thread is hilarious

pj

Reaction Score
The very best that could happen for UConn is that they approach the football brand level of BYU....

That's not an impossible aspiration. Rutgers, Syracuse, and BC are the competition in the northeast and none of them are world-beaters.

Reaction Score
You continue to ignore how the AAC was killing both basketball programs, especially at the box office.
LOSING was killing the programs. If we went 2-10 in BE foootball and had back to back losing seasons in the BE basketball (pre-selling the conference name) the box office would have sucked.

The problem was losing. As to our BB recruiting. We had nationally ranked top five class in the AAC. Not 8th, not 9th, 5th. The recruits themselves nicknamed their class "the top five." Did they just make that up?

Reaction Score
LOSING was killing the programs. If we went 2-10 in BE foootball and had back to back losing seasons in the BE basketball (pre-selling the conference name) the box office would have sucked.

The problem was losing. As to our BB recruiting. We had nationally ranked top five class in the AAC. Not 8th, not 9th, 5th. The recruits themselves nicknamed their class "the top five." Did they just make that up?

You're clowning yourself left and right, thanks for the entertainment.

Reaction Score
As to our BB recruiting. We had nationally ranked top five class in the AAC. Not 8th, not 9th, 5th. The recruits themselves nicknamed their class "the top five." Did they just make that up?

Yes they did. From your link:

The group has been rated among the top five recruiting classes in the nation at one point, though that ranking has slipped a bit with some later signings to other high-profile programs.

Reaction Score

Just so I’m clear, you’ve been saying we had a top 5 class this entire time because they nicknamed themselves the top 5? Is that correct? You know there were 5 of them right?

Reaction Score
Just so I’m clear, you’ve been saying we had a top 5 class this entire time because they nicknamed themselves the top 5? Is that correct? You know there were 5 of them right?
He’s a classic contrarian. Thinks he’s the smartest person in the room. Contrarians are annoying as it is but they are xtra annoying when it’s arguing the merits of AAC vs BE. Total assclown

Reaction Score
So, just be clear...
1) Are you unhappy to have more games against regional opponents, like Villanova, St. John's, PC and Seton Hall? (Blah, blah Marquette, Creighton... blah blah, yes I know but that doesn't change that BE is way more regional for us than the American.

2) Are you unhappy to be playing in a league that is more attractive to top recruits? We've already heard guys saying that being in the BE was a factor for them.

3) Are you unhappy in actually playing in our natural recruiting area? New England, NY, NJ, Philly and DC is our targeted recruiting area. Is it possible that you don't see a benefit to playing games in the area that we actually draw recruits from?

4) Are you unhappy about playing more games in MSG? Because I actually enjoy seeing games there quite a bit. The BET at MSG is an outstanding experience. It is tough to imagine any MBB fan not being excited about it.

5) Are you unhappy about having drivable road games? Living in the NYC metropolitan area it is pretty attractive to me.

6) Are you unhappy about all the positive national press the move has gotten us? We needed a new narrative, now we have one.

7) Are you unhappy that our athletes and coaches won't be getting home in the wee hours of the morning due to our being a geographic outlier in the American? Because that seems like a good thing to me. No more getting home at 3:00 AM with a class in six hours.
He’s just unhappy. Period. You know that by now.

but nice effort

Reaction Score
I check in on their board every once in a while, usually for laughs and they never disappoint. There is real estate in heads and then there is the penthouse UConn will forever occupy in the head of that fanbase...

Hurley is a joke. | Syracusefan.com
Bruh! These two had me in stitches!

"Cool. Four titles. They had to crawl back to a watered down Big East and give up football. They can crow about 4>1 and Tyler Olander all they want. I’ll take our spot over there’s any day.

And yes Uconn fan I know you’re reading this feel free to screenshot and share."

"It's all they got left. Reminds me of my friend the Red Sox fan who we'd tease about never winning a World Series since 1918. Once they won in 2004, it didn't really matter that the Yankees had 26 Rings, or that my Mets had beaten them in '86. And after they'd won again a few years later, I remember he wasn't going crazy celebrating like in '04. When asked, he basically said of course it was great to win again, but nothing could compare to that first one. And as we're both SU fans, I knew exactly what he meant."

This last one is in need of some serious psycho therapy and I fear for his well being once we start cutting down nets again.

"But, we shouldn't even worry about that program. Not only because we don't play them, but they haven't been in a postseason tournament in like 5 years or something. They are not a big program anymore. You're not gonna hear anyone outside of that dump Storrs hyping them up."

The delusion is real.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Imagine being the loser who posted how their 1 championship 17 years ago was all he needed and he didn’t care about winning any more of them. Charmin soft mentality.

I hope he doesn’t say things like that in public. Embarrassing.
So Syracuse it hurts

Reaction Score

I don't think you're right about that and I remember reading something in the summer of 2016 that explained why they called themselves the Top 5. I found the article. The article also mentions it was a top 10 recruiting class in the first sentence of the article.

Durham, 6 feet 9, was the third of the five to commit to UConn, making his decision quickly after visiting in September. Durham, Jackson, Diarra, Alterique Gilbert and Christian Vital are all on campus now, and from the group chats came the nickname "Top 5," inspired by the lyrics of The Drake song "Grammys."

"We heard it one day," Durham said, "and in the middle of the song, he was saying, 'top 5, top 5,' and we said, 'That's us.' We didn't want to be the 'Fab Five,' because that was already taken."

Reaction Score

Well it's a new day, and over on Syracusefan.com they are still not mad. So that's good, lol.

Reaction Score
I mean, we are getting to the point where the kids Syracuse are recruiting weren't even alive when they won their only national championship. Things are getting bleaker and bleaker for them so they need to hold on to their hatred for us and adding to their 67 pages and growing thread about us. It takes a special kind of person to keep that thread alive.

Hi, HOFCeluk!

Reaction Score
I mean, we are getting to the point where the kids Syracuse are recruiting weren't even alive when they won their only national championship. Things are getting bleaker and bleaker for them so they need to hold on to their hatred for us and adding to their 67 pages and growing thread about us. It takes a special kind of person to keep that thread alive.

Hi, HOFCeluk!
I just find it hilarious that they need to do some mental gymnastics to feel better about 4>1. The first one means everything and anything after that is meh? I mean come on! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The fact that we’re “only relevant in March If we make it” is hilarious. I don’t think Syracuse Football is a flagship program in the ACC either.

they haven’t had a HC with a winning record overall since Coach P (wont even say his name).
I really hate those idiots over there

Reaction Score
I just find it hilarious that they need to do some mental gymnastics to feel better about 4>1. The first one means everything and anything after that is meh? I mean come on! :rolleyes:
It's a strange take because even if that were true, UConn won their 1st title before them

Reaction Score
I don't think you're right about that and I remember reading something in the summer of 2016 that explained why they called themselves the Top 5. I found the article. The article also mentions it was a top 10 recruiting class in the first sentence of the article.

Durham, 6 feet 9, was the third of the five to commit to UConn, making his decision quickly after visiting in September. Durham, Jackson, Diarra, Alterique Gilbert and Christian Vital are all on campus now, and from the group chats came the nickname "Top 5," inspired by the lyrics of The Drake song "Grammys."

"We heard it one day," Durham said, "and in the middle of the song, he was saying, 'top 5, top 5,' and we said, 'That's us.' We didn't want to be the 'Fab Five,' because that was already taken."

Don't expect Pal to respond to this.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Geeze, and I did all that research and didn't even get credit. :)

But how about that class? That is a nice class on paper heading into the year ... Vital is the only one who exceeded expectations, and the other 4 were pretty significantly below.

Not criticizing, just a fact. Too bad, what a nice looking class of players.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Check out their Roddy Gayle thread for more hilarity. They are still pushing the Andre Jackson playing time hoax. They seem have some new conspiracy about Jackson’s brother being involved in the decision?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Check out their Roddy Gayle thread for more hilarity. They are still pushing the Andre Jackson playing time hoax. They seem have some new conspiracy about Jackson’s brother being involved in the decision?
That thread is awesome, he's basically committed to syracuse, except he's not.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
But how about that class? That is a nice class on paper heading into the year ... Vital is the only one who exceeded expectations, and the other 4 were pretty significantly below.

Not criticizing, just a fact. Too bad, what a nice looking class of players.
I feel like Gilbert would’ve been the star of that class but for his shoulder injuries. I’m rooting for him to do well. Seems like a nice enough kid who had a bad run of luck.

OldBosd

BBQ Beer Freedom!!!
Reaction Score
I feel like Gilbert would’ve been the star of that class but for his shoulder injuries. I’m rooting for him to do well. Seems like a nice enough kid who had a bad run of luck.

3/5 suffered significant injuries. Two didn't seem to want to play for Ollie.

Vital made a big leap when he started to trust Hurley. He is the one all time Husky in the group. Top 10 in all time scoring and has to be close to the top in 3 pointers, right?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom