This thread is hilarious | Page 5 | The Boneyard

This thread is hilarious

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I feel like Gilbert would’ve been the star of that class but for his shoulder injuries. I’m rooting for him to do well. Seems like a nice enough kid who had a bad run of luck.

Agreed ... I think they all had some serious potential, but mostly injuries or circumstances interrupted that.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
3/5 suffered significant injuries. Two didn't seem to want to play for Ollie.

Vital made a big leap when he started to trust Hurley. He is the one all time Husky in the group. Top 10 in all time scoring and has to be close to the top in 3 pointers, right?
Yeah, I don’t mean to minimize Christian at all. He was having one heck of a run at the end of the season. I love his enthusiasm. I do think that a healthy Al could have been special for us. I love that kids game in high school.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's a strange take because even if that were true, UConn won their 1st title before them
Theres no way to justify the stupidity of the take. It makes no sense. Sure our first title is special but the other 3 were just as awesome to experience and id absolutely love 4 more!!! I don't believe for one second that bs story about a friend being a Sox fan and not as excited about winning WS #2 and #3 in recent years. Laughably pathetic attempt at downplaying 4 titles.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Theres no way to justify the stupidity of the take. It makes no sense. Sure our first title is special but the other 3 were just as awesome to experience and id absolutely love 4 more!!! I don't believe for one second that bs story about a friend being a Sox fan and not as excited about winning WS #2 and #3 in recent years. Laughably pathetic attempt at downplaying 4 titles.
My favorite title is number 3 with number 4 a very close second. But number 1 and number 2 were great too. National championships are like your children, you love them all.

Reaction Score
I have 1 national championship as a UConn fan, and I can say for sure I want a 2nd

OldBosd

BBQ Beer Freedom!!!
Reaction Score
My favorite title is number 3 with number 4 a very close second. But number 1 and number 2 were great too. National championships are like your children, you love them all.

#3 was the best because it was also he BET and Kemba.

Reaction Score
#1 is special but #3 is just on a whole other level. I truly believe and there isn't a soul on earth that can tell me any different that `11 is the greatest March run in cbb history. The BE tourney run is unbelievable on its own. They beat like 4 top 20 teams!!!

Reaction Score
I keep looking for @Palatine response to it being pointed out that the class named themselves top 5, and not being The 5th ranked class......
1596773965765.png

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
#1 is special but #3 is just on a whole other level. I truly believe and there isn't a soul on earth that can tell me any different that `11 is the greatest March run in cbb history. The BE tourney run is unbelievable on its own. They beat like 4 top 20 teams!!!

2011 was such a wild ride. I remember walking out of Gampel after we lost to ND on Senior day thinking we were going to get smoked in the NCAAs the first time a team played zone against us, since we were abysmal against zone late in the regular season that year. I remember we went on a 15-0 run in that ND game, then they went zone the rest of the way and we couldn't handle it. Even when we beat Pitt in the Big East Tournament, I wasn't convinced we were going all the way; it took us beating a good zone team in Syracuse the next night that convinced me we could beat anybody.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Curious what kind of story those clowns are spinning in response to us landing Hawkins. I imagine something like “we already landed 1 recruit, any more than that is just gravy...why would anyone want multiple good recruits?!?”

Reaction Score
I'm guessing he thinks the Fab 5 was the 5th rated class too.
I'm guessing he thinks the Jackson 5 was the 5th rated music group, and the Magnificent 7 was the 7th rated group of gunslingers.

That said, it is pretty annoying that this board has created a completely false narrative that recruiting was a problem in the AAC and now everything has turned around. We got a McDonald's All American in the AAC, we beat out Louisville for Jalen Adams in the AAC, Daniel Hamilton was a top 25 guy who came across the country to play in the AAC. Hell, based upon 247 rankings the best recruit Hurley has gotten committed to play in the AAC.

If conference was really that important in recruiting none of those things would have happened.

The conference and recruiting wasn't really the problem in the AAC. Pretty much everyone outside of gtcam knows what the problem was...

Reaction Score
I'm guessing he thinks the Jackson 5 was the 5th rated music group, and the Magnificent 7 was the 7th rated group of gunslingers.

That said, it is pretty annoying that this board has created a completely false narrative that recruiting was a problem in the AAC and now everything has turned around. We got a McDonald's All American in the AAC, we beat out Louisville for Jalen Adams in the AAC, Daniel Hamilton was a top 25 guy who came across the country to play in the AAC. Hell, based upon 247 rankings the best recruit Hurley has gotten committed to play in the AAC.

If conference was really that important in recruiting none of those things would have happened.

The conference and recruiting wasn't really the problem in the AAC. Pretty much everyone outside of gtcam knows what the problem was...

The fact that a small vocal minority keeps this narrative going is hysterical. The fact is that literally every recruit, recruiting analyst & opposing coach says the BE is going to tremendously help recruiting/was a factor in their decision.

Reaction Score

Ollie got a few top recruits early on and then it all went to hell. He should've been bringing in monster classes, he just coached them to a National Championship and was one of the hottest names in the country. He had no idea how to assemble a class and it finally got to the point he was recruiting kids based off of their youtube and insta vids. Recruiting is light-years ahead now under Hurley, I really can't stress enough how much better it is and how quickly Hurley addressed everything he needed to. There is an impeccable plan in place as to what areas to recruit, player fit, the programs the recruits are coming from etc.

Reaction Score
Ollie got a few top recruits early on and then it all went to hell. He should've been bringing in monster classes, he just coached them to a National Championship and was one of the hottest names in the country. He had no idea how to assemble a class and it finally got to the point he was recruiting kids based off of their youtube and insta vids. Recruiting is light-years ahead now under Hurley, I really can't stress enough how much better it is and how quickly Hurley addressed everything he needed to. There is an impeccable plan in place as to what areas to recruit, player fit, the programs the recruits are coming from etc.
Yeah, I don't disagree with any of this, and I love being in the Big East and think it's a massive improvement on many levels. But when some guy commits and then people post "this would never happen if we were still in the AAC", that is not factual, it is some bizarre revisionist history that misrepresents our recruiting in the AAC.

Reaction Score

The bolded above is a little disingenuous don’t ya think?

Reaction Score
In terms of individual rankings, DHam, Jalen Adams, and Alterique were all higher ranked than anyone we got so far (though Bouk was severely under-ranked because of injuries). Everyone else, though, (except in the Al year) was a second or third choice because we aimed very high and whiffed again and again. Getting guys like those three (and if Al stayed healthy he'd have had an amazing career) helps you win titles, but not if the rest of the team isn't filled out. And once we started losing, the Title shine wore off it was slim pickings...

Reaction Score
Curious what kind of story those clowns are spinning in response to us landing Hawkins. I imagine something like “we already landed 1 recruit, any more than that is just gravy...why would anyone want multiple good recruits?!?”

Bet they’re gonna say something about us having more minutes available. Sorry no one wants to play behind a coaches 400th ranked son playing 38 minutes per games and 15+ shots per game...

Reaction Score
In terms of individual rankings, DHam, Jalen Adams, and Alterique were all higher ranked than anyone we got so far (though Bouk was severely under-ranked because of injuries). Everyone else, though, (except in the Al year) was a second or third choice because we aimed very high and whiffed again and again. Getting guys like those three (and if Al stayed healthy he'd have had an amazing career) helps you win titles, but not if the rest of the team isn't filled out. And once we started losing, the Title shine wore off it was slim pickings...
He never filled out a roster the entire time he was here and he was always scrambling around to fill multiple spots in late Spring. He had whole classes that did nothing, you can't make it that way in big boy college basketball. Hurley and staff have a plan and they're executing it to a T.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
#1 all the talk was Duke that 99 season. There was little or no consideration considered by anyone other than UConn hardcore fans that the 2 reg season losses happened with injuries to two key players. Duke was the prohibited favorite for the NC. They were blowing out everyone. It's why when we won the NC Khalid ran around shouting "We shocked the world". Because we did. ALL EXCEPT THOSE OF US WHO FOLLOWED THE TEAM CLOSELY ALL SEASON.

#2 was, on paper, the NC which was least shocking.

#3 was as you described the most incredible run. Particularly if you add those runs with the Maui Tournament. It was essentially Kemba and a lot of youth. NOT EVEN THOSE OF US WHO FOLLOWED THE TEAM CLOSELY ALL SEASON COULD PREDICT THAT TEAM WINNING BOTH THE BE AND NC CHAMPIONSHIP ESPECIALLY AFTER WATCHING THE REGULAR SEASON.

#4 did not have quite the run but was equally improbable. The NCAA rankings indicated that improbability.

Syracuse fans must be happy they don't have to argue about which championship they enjoy the most. A musical equivalent for Syracuse would be Soft Cell's 1981 hit "Tainted (Carmelo) Love" although I kinda like Baha Men's 2000 hit "Who Let The Dogs Out". UConn could be equated to the Beatles and you are arguing #3 was like the single "Yesterday".

Reaction Score
Yeah, I don't disagree with any of this, and I love being in the Big East and think it's a massive improvement on many levels. But when some guy commits and then people post "this would never happen if we were still in the AAC", that is not factual, it is some bizarre revisionist history that misrepresents our recruiting in the AAC.
But what about when the actual recruit says the Big East was a factor? Sounds pretty factual to me

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom