This Isn't Working | Page 2 | The Boneyard

This Isn't Working

Reaction Score
With fans like those here, it's a surprise that anyone wants to come to the school. Everyone acts like we are the SCLSU Muddogs without Bobby. We aren't. We, as a collective group, need to stop expecting the stars when we are still building the launchpad. Sure, we went to the moon once but Neil Armstrong is gone....we have a new crop, new coach, new philosophy....how about being patient for a bit. Give Mora and these kids a chance.

With all due respect ... at this point this sounds like a broken record.

Reaction Score
Turner has really struggled. Coaches apparently don't trust him to stretch the field vertically and he hasn't shown himself to be an explosive runner. Combine that with his lack of experience and turnovers and you have to consider giving someone else a look. It's not giving up it's just taking a breather and finding out what else you might have. He needs time but we need wins.

Great. Who is healthy?

Millen’s arm is not 100% and Puma apparently isn’t 100% either.

Pretty stupid post.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Turner has really struggled. Coaches apparently don't trust him to stretch the field vertically and he hasn't shown himself to be an explosive runner. Combine that with his lack of experience and turnovers and you have to consider giving someone else a look. It's not giving up it's just taking a breather and finding out what else you might have. He needs time but we need wins.
It stinks that a true freshman who isn't ready is the best option.

Reaction Score
Our run defense is much improved. Our pass rush seems to be getting better. Our running game is strong.

Our secondary is a major liability. We have no passing game beyond 10 yards.

That being said, we are light years better than last year. Baby steps suck but that’s what it’s gonna take to be respectable.

Reaction Score
did you expect Mora to make the CFB playoff in year 1? how much did you expect to change in a year? the team is a lot better. it doesn't mean we're going to be good.

What am I missing here? I get I get over the top emotional with this program. We have all suffered plenty this past decade. To answer your question no I did not expect a CFB playoff. I don't get whey people can't be upset getting absolutely mopped by Syracuse good or not. Its almost as if there should never be a reason for fans to be upset with how poorly this program is performing because if they are it means those fans were expected to win a national championship.

Simply put the program has been absolutely terrible the past decade and in the past half-decade among the worst performing college football programs in history. I think its ok for fans to be upset when they are sold another bag of crap when a new coach comes in an the results are the same. The offense is still terrible .. did it go from ranked 130 to 125 .. maybe if that's how you want to view improvement. The defense got trounced. The two teams UConn has faced thus far were beaten by in and out division FCS teams. What am I missing that shows we are A LOT better this year?

Reaction Score
I got an idea, let the season play out before jumping to conclusions. Thankfully we have some (on paper) winnable games in the second half of the schedule.

We're a G5 team, we're supposed to get beat by the P5, the real test for Mora will be how he does against the scheduled G5 competition. Injuries aren't helping.

Here's a thought, if you don't like getting beat by the P5 maybe we should stop scheduling so many P5 games.
yup. I was hoping the optimists who predicted 4-5 wins would be correct and who knows they might be when it is all said and done. I predicted 1-5 start with CCSU being the only win. I think their next win, at least I hope, will be FIU and UConn will finish 3-4 wins with the wins coming against FIU, UMass, and Liberty. Everything else looks like blowout city.

Reaction Score
Well, we generally continue to stink. The run D is decent, but the pass D is Swiss Cheese. The O stunk. Charlton’s play calling was atrocious, and Zion is no FBS QB. He has improved zero in 3 games. Huge mistakes. Holds the ball forever. Can’t find targets. The run game is one bright spot. I know Mora can’t fix everything in one season, but tonight was a no show.

Reaction Score
What am I missing here? I get I get over the top emotional with this program. We have all suffered plenty this past decade. To answer your question no I did not expect a CFB playoff. I don't get whey people can't be upset betting absolutely mopped by Syracuse good or not. Its almost as if there should never be a reason for fans to be upset with how poorly this program is performing because if they are it means those fans were expected to win a national championship.

Simply put the program has been absolutely terrible the past decade and in the past half-decade among the worst performing college football programs in history. I think its ok for fans to be upset when they are sold another bag of crap when a new coach comes in an the results are the same. The offense is still terrible .. did it go from ranked 130 to 125 .. maybe if that's how you want to view improvement. The defense got trounced. The two teams UConn has faced thus far were beaten by in and out division FCS teams. What am I missing that shows we are A LOT better this year?
it's been 3 games. we lost our QB1, WR1, WR2, and now our RB2. and yet the team is clearly better. the defense and offense are both absolutely better than last year. tackling is massively improved, we have a much better pass rush, the line looks good, we can run the football. we're much better coached and look like an actual football team with our schemes. there are plenty of deficiencies but you can't fix that in one year. expecting anything else is stupid

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Lots of gnashing of teeth about the offense. Think we should be more concerned about the defense.

We lack explosion on the d line. But Syracuse also puts themselves in good positions, too. I was watching on TV with my seven year old and he said “Why do THEY always get 2nd and 4?” Syracuse played downhill because we couldn’t force them back uphill.

Sucks about Brewton. He was a special teams threat and we needed that.

Reaction Score
Before we kill the defensive backs did anybody else notice in the first half and part of the third quarter that the quarterback did not throw right away on most plays that he had all the time in the world but he had to wait and check down check down and wait till somebody broke open.

The DBS were doing their job it's just that you can't cover somebody for eight seconds for God's sake

Reaction Score
UCONN is going to improve and it is going to lose a lot. No way around it. This outcome was expected. Unlike what happened in south bend today. now those fans have a reason to be sad. Go Sun Belt!

Reaction Score
I mean there's clearly a long way to go. There wasn't and isn't a quick fix here. Consistent recruiting, building depth and continually improvement is the only way to do it in football when you're not going to land a bunch of high 3* and 4*. The difference between bad and mediocre FBS teams is depth. And that takes time to build.

Reaction Score
Before we kill the defensive backs did anybody else notice in the first half and part of the third quarter that the quarterback did not throw right away on most plays that he had all the time in the world but he had to wait and check down check down and wait till somebody broke open.

The DBS were doing their job it's just that you can't cover somebody for eight seconds for God's sake
ehh. a couple of those TDs were right over the DBs head. but yeah, we could only get pressure rushing 5.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
He’s literally the only healthy QB we have. If Zion goes down we might be even more limited.

I’m not defending his performance at all. This is just the way it is.
I agree...that's what I meant by best option.

Reaction Score
I think the team that beat us tonight could beat the team we play next week. Cuse has not had a team this good in many many years.

I doubt they would beat Michigan, but you are correct they have a chance to be very good this year. Cuse fans should be excited, they're a talented team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom