This Conference Needs Us | The Boneyard

This Conference Needs Us

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This conference hasn't been good since the Big East players left. 2013/2014 was this conference's peak.

Reaction Score
This Conference is DESTROYING us.

Who would want to play in this league?

And what does it say about our current state we can't even be competitive against SMU?
Well this is the first year we werent "competitive" with SMU. But we werent competitive with anyone good really. This year just sucked

Reaction Score
SMU looked very.....pedestrian today....And that is a team that has crushed Uconn multiple times in the past few years.

If the ACC "needed" BC, I can't see why they would not have a need for a 4 time champion....

Reaction Score
I hate being in this conference more than anyone but I can't get on board with any of these sentiments. No conference needs us. The conference isn't killing us. We need to perform to the potential of our talent and we will be all set and hopefully things will fall into place.

Reaction Score
Since the AAC started, it's 10-10 in the NCAA tournament

UConn responsible for 7 of the 10 wins.

Or, in other words, the rest of the conference is 3-9.

This is an abject embarrassment that completely justifies the Committee underseeding our conference. This only sets the conference back further in future years.

Reaction Score
I hate being in this conference more than anyone but I can't get on board with any of these sentiments. No conference needs us. The conference isn't killing us. We need to perform to the potential of our talent and we will be all set and hopefully things will fall into place.

The conference is killing our program and will continue to do so. This conference kills your seed and puts tremendous pressure to perform in early non conference. Our conference champion didn't even look physically superior to an 11 seed from the Power 5. The league is a joke and we finished in 6th! That's a warning sign.

Get out of this league or else it is over.

Reaction Score
This conference needs us means that conference is an absolute joke and an embarrasment to the rest of the country unless we are elite. We legitimize this conference. SMU and Cincy put no respek on our name. We are the only ones who can do that. So the AAC indeed needs UConn to reclaim their rightful position

Reaction Score
The conference is killing our program and will continue to do so. No one is disturbed we finished 6th in it? Our conference champion didn't even look physically superior to an 11 seed from the Power 5.

It can't even be argued anymore after seeing our performance in it and what SMU just did that will further erode any cred for this league in the future.

Get out of this league or else it is over.

Sizzling take. We are still loading up in recruiting and should be dominating this weakass conference. The conference isn't killing us, our team is killing us.

Reaction Score
Sizzling take. We are still loading up in recruiting and should be dominating this weakass conference. The conference isn't killing us, our team is killing us.
Agreed. We are just fine. We have everything we need to be the kings of the AAC. We just have to do it

Reaction Score
This conference needs us means that conference is an absolute joke and an embarrasment to the rest of the country unless we are elite. We legitimize this conference. SMU and Cincy put no respek on our name. We are the only ones who can do that. So the AAC indeed needs UConn to reclaim their rightful position

This is true and all and it goes back to the end of our stint in the Big East. We are historically excellent in the tournament which post-facto legitimizes the regular season in peoples eyes, even though the tournament is a crapshoot for the most part and shouldn't be indicative of a team's overall season. I just don't like this defeatist attitude that the conference is ruining our program when we are still loading up on talent and have simply been incapable of putting it together. When we start trotting out rosters full of 3 * kids than I can buy the argument that the conference is killing us. But I don't think this ever happens if we play to our capabilities.

Reaction Score

I got news for you.

I saw all the AAC teams up close. Olejeye was the only player that wowed you up close in the entire league.

A UConn team from 10 years ago dominates this league. Something is off with this program and it's either the coaching or recruiting or this league.

Reaction Score

Well being the kings of the AAC will get you a 6th seed in the NCAA's.

This league sucks. And anyone who suggests we can remain relevant in it long term is part of the problem.

I would pay my entire savings to get out of this league because I know in my gut what is happening to us by staying in it. It makes me sick quite frankly to be in this league for even one more year.

Reaction Score
I got news for you.

I saw all the AAC teams up close. Olejeye was the only player that wowed you up close in the entire league.

A UConn team from 10 years ago dominates this league. Something is off with this program and it's either the coaching or recruiting or this league.

The point is simple. We are still recruiting well. Don't blame the conference if that remains the case. Blame the coaching/player development/whatever else you want. Blaming the league is using an excuse and not taking a real look at the difficulties we are experiencing, which we all acknowledge. After all my complaining, I do have to state that I fully believe this will be turned around next year.

Reaction Score

The problem about "playing to the potential of our talent" is that being in the conference will hurt recruiting, imo.

Reaction Score
The point is simple. We are still recruiting well. Don't blame the conference if that remains the case. Blame the coaching/player development/whatever else you want.

If we are recruiting as well as you say and finish lower than 2nd next year, Ollie should have the heat turned up to 360.

Reaction Score
Yes they do. Jankovich seems like a good guy and a good coach but proved not ready at least, if worthy to bring anyone to the next level. I mean freeze much against zone? OMG that was putrid offense, USC and Enfield stymied them.

Agree time for UConn to get their big boy pants back on and carry the AAC like we did for 20 years plus in the Big East.

Reaction Score
If we are recruiting as well as you say and finish lower than 2nd next year, Ollie should have the heat turned up to 360.

Well yea, there has been a ton of discussion on this topic and I think most people (myself included) agree with you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom