Think the rumor was kicking before? Buckle up. | The Boneyard

Think the rumor was kicking before? Buckle up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Clemson to the Big 12 is the rumor of the evening.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Crap. Thought I was going to bed and now I have to stay up all night. And the beer is almost gone. Usually not a good idea to switch from beer to crown and down at this hour.

Football board has a thead going on this saying ACC schools are doing the whole hashtag beg harder thing to get in to the big 12.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They are not rumors, they are inevitabilities........
enhanced-buzz-17103-1291507511-9.jpg

...or are they?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The world is going to end - Nelson and Dan made me laugh in the same thread.

Although, for the record, I think Dan would duck* the cat for far less than a Big 10 invite.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Dan was a bit unclear in his wording - would he bang the cat if Jim Delaney told him to as a condition of pledging the B10 frat, or would he have a drunk hookup with the cat as a celebration of getting invited?

Or both?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Besides a bit of schadenfreude, how does this help us? I went and read a few articles associated with this news and when they turned to the subject of team movement, UConn wasn't mentioned once. Rutgers and Louisville and ND, no UConn.

Reaction Score
Besides a bit of schadenfreude, how does this help us? I went and read a few articles associated with this news and when they turned to the subject of team movement, UConn wasn't mentioned once. Rutgers and Louisville and ND, no UConn.

UConn is undervalued by fans of other schools because Connecticut is a small state. They underestimate a few things:

1. Connecticut is a pretty decent size market. Densely populated and wealthy. If you put Hartford in the Midwest it is a major city. Hartford city proper is small, greater Hartford is large.

2. They underestimate the revenue UConn generates because women's basketball in an afterthought to them. The UConn men's brand is huge. UConn football is growing.

3. They underestimate the academics. They think APR issues means UConn is weak academically. Totally wrong.

4. They aren't hearing as much UConn chatter as they are on others (good sign IMO).

UConn is pretty well positioned right now considering the circumstances. I think the powers that be will and have looked at UConn and can see the big picture.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The last thing UConn needs is more teams in the wind.

Reaction Score
It's hard for me to see UCONN in the B1G. For that to be realistic, the B1G has to view that the growth potential in the Notheast as a worthwhile investment. They do that starting with ND and then go to 16 with UCONN, Rutgers and probably Cuse. Not out of the realm of possibilites and BC would be totally ducked, but I just think it's unlikely. If someone viewed the Northest market in that light I have to believe they would have been positioning for this already. Of course, the catalyst for ND to join a conference was not there...........who the hell knows?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This thread has moved squarely into the area of deeply disturbing.......

Welcome to off-season in the Boneyard.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The first thing UConn needs is more teams in the wind.

Instability does not help us. Absolute stark-duck*ing chaos helps us quite a bit.

To be clear, both extremes help. A minor shuffling of FSU and Louisville to B12 helps. FSU and Clemson helps. CFB going to 4 x 16 helps. Anything in between becomes a sticky wicket.

And, I been watching to much soccer this off season.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Sounds like you've been watching too much cricket, actually.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Welcome to off-season in the Boneyard.

Hey, at least we have this to talk about! I'd be bored out of my mind on the board if we didn't have all this fun realignment stuff!

Reaction Score
If I'm reading this correctly:

Big12 adds: FSU, Ga. Tech, Clemson

SEC adds: Virginia Tech, NC State

Big10 adds: UNC, Virginia, Maryland & (I'm going to say) Notre Dame

This means the Big 12 needs one more team, or maybe 3. Candidates: Miami, BYU, Pitt, Louisville, Cincy. Say it's Miami and they stop at 14.

The ACC would then be: Duke, Wake Forest, Boston College, Pitt and Syracuse. Add UConn, Louisville, Rutgers, Cincy.

That's 9 teams. Who else: USF, Temple? The pickings are slim. SMU might be attractive.

It would be fantastic to see Pitt's President in this situation after he shivved the BE, rejected the B12, and bowed at Swofford's feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom