Things you look for in Fall camp | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Things you look for in Fall camp

Reaction Score
I'm actually a little excited to see how a few of our DL depth will pan out.. we've got tons of questions.. hopefully a few surprises:

Is AJ Garson still playing at 213lbs????
With the addition of transfer Fines, how's our DT rotation going to perform? Currently we'll have him, KMurphy, C Thomas coming off the redshirt, along with T Jones as a true frosh.. then you have guys like Okounam, J Atkins who've been here awhile now with walk ons Migliaccio and Steer and ooops I forgot to mention the 300 plus LB DT PWO Pharachesur (what a load.. hope he can truly play and somehow got lost in the shuffle).. how are these guys gonna contribute to prepare our front to be the best it can be? Can't forget the ends/OLBs who'll be a part of that DL - Freeborn and Brouse - guys that have been here awhile as well now.. You'd hope they can surprise folks... then you have the trio of frosh that I might be one of the few that are excited about in DeVaughn, Pace, and Uguak... Those 3 I'm hoping, can push the ones ahead of them to play better, and then, eventually take over on the ends.. we also should probably include Beavers in this group simply because we need a guy that can show he can get to the QB off the edge.. As of now, he's the only one that has shown that potential since the likes of Trevardo Williams..

IMO, we've got a little something up front on D. Question is, who's got that fight in the dog out of the group to step up and overachieve? We need some pride in the trenches when it counts late in games on 3rd down..

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Question on the redshirt rules:

Can the team pick which games or does the window close before week 5? If the former is the case, I could see teams, especially those with young rosters (**ehem** UConn), playing roster games or saving an unexpected but quickly progressing player for games 9, 10, 11, and 12 and still maintaining a redshirt for the following season.

How does that work?

Reaction Score

Can the team pick which games or does the window close before week 5? If the former is the case, I could see teams, especially those with young rosters (**ehem** UConn), playing roster games or saving an unexpected but quickly progressing player for games 9, 10, 11, and 12 and still maintaining a redshirt for the following season.

How does that work?
Would work wonders for us if we can do it the way you mention.. get that experience late in the season when they're better prepared and keep the redshirt...

Reaction Score

How does that work?

Any four games during the course of the full season (including bowl games).

Reaction Score
Less than a week out... Pre-season camp/practice begins w/ players reporting to campus on July 31st.
Can’t wait to see what this new team will look like on the field. Twenty-one new faces plus the three early enrollee’s will make for an interesting fall camp. The best thing is that these are all athletes that were recruited by Edsall. I think these kids will be able to contribute this year and should be able to produce a winning season in 2019.

Reaction Score
Any word on whether or not we'll see/get a surprise transfer? Thought we might get a surprise veteran or 2 for Fall camp that could potentially give us a boost for this upcoming season.

Reaction Score
I am foolishly optimistic Pindell will take another step forward.

Some things I am looking for:
  • Are the DBs physically stronger? Can they cut down on the YAC which was insanely high in some games last year?
  • Obviously DL rotation will be interesting to say the least; R. Fines, T. Jones, Caleb Thomas (its been mentioned on the yard that he was the best we had this past spring) and who else in the rotation?
  • Can TJ Gardner, who looked pretty darn athletic in high school, become a plus level LB? And can Beavers become “the” face of the LB core showing skills on all downs?
On DB's, with Terry moving over to LB, that leaves Coyle and Herring-Wilson from last year's crew, but that doesn't mean Terry can't move back to the backfield if they need him to. Keyshawn Paul, a true freshman, will see some pt.

On LB, two freshman, Hunter Webb and Kevon Jones will see some PT. On the DL, Pierce DeVaughn will definitely see PT, although I know the coaches would love to redshirt him, they can't afford to this Fall. The grad transfer from Miami will figure prominently in the defense.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the defense this year, depending on how the freshman, particularly the Jones boys and DeVaughn work out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
On DB's, with Terry moving over to LB, that leaves Coyle and Herring-Wilson from last year's crew, but that doesn't mean Terry can't move back to the backfield if they need him to. Keyshawn Paul, a true freshman, will see some pt.

On LB, two freshman, Hunter Webb and Kevin Jones will see some PT. On the DL, Pierce DeVaughn will definitely see PT, although I know the coaches would love to redshirt him, they can't afford to this Fall. The grad transfer from Miami will figure prominently in the defense.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the defense this year, depending on how the freshman, particularly the Jones boys and DeVaughn work out.

On offense looks like Peart really likes Zavier Scott. Obviously you want to be able to score a ton of points and win games. But I’ll take a nice running attack with Scott, O’Reilly and some Pindell runs to get first downs, chew up clock limit the opponents possessions and keep the defense fresh. We have some decent talent at WR but nothing to put fear in a secondary. If we can limit teams to 25 pts or less then we have a shot to be in games.
Oh and we can’t have silly holding penalties to put us behind the sticks. Gotta be disciplined and play pretty clean, physical football.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom