OT: - Things Somehow Get Worse at Alabama | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Things Somehow Get Worse at Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What do you want? Suspend him from the team for being an idiot but not for delivering a murder weapon? You're focusing on the wrong . Focus on the actual crime, not a stupid kid acting like a stupid kid.

Like I said before. The answer here is simple: apologize publicly and move on to what is actually important.
I guess some of us still think it matters who represents our university and the public actions they make, especially while wearing the uniform. He should be suspended. Something more than nothing.

Did you go to UConn?

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
They've done it all year...many teams do it. It was a boneheaded, cringey error from the walk-on and Miller. There's nothing to see here. This mistake is harmless compared to the last one.

If it was our playerd I'd say the same thing "oof, not so bright man." And move on.

The level of outrage I'm seeing over this online is out of line. Stupid mistake. Move on.
I would say move on if the original sin wasn’t so egregious but it was murder.

Reaction Score
I guess some of us still think it matters who represents our university and the public actions they make, especially while wearing the uniform. He should be suspended. Something more than nothing.

Did you go to UConn?

Yes, I did go to UConn. And I go there now for post-master's work too. What's your point? You know Miller doesn't play for us? What a silly comment.

I think Oats should be fired and Miller should be off the team too. I've said that all along. FOR THE ROLE IN THE MURDER and Oats comments after. Not a stupid pre-game ritual. Suspending him for just that would be moronic.

I can't tell if you genuinely don't understand my point, or if you are this out of touch.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Don’t worry that pregame pat down video just quadrupled punitive damages in the civil suit. Lawyers are just waiting for that NBA salary!! State of Alabama and Nate Oats likely collateral damage

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
What do you want? Suspend him from the team for being an idiot but not for delivering a murder weapon? You're focusing on the wrong . Focus on the actual crime, not a stupid kid acting like a stupid kid.

Like I said before. The answer here is simple: apologize publicly and move on to what is actually important.
What in your mind is “important “?

Reaction Score
Didn't say move on from the murder. Oats should be fired and Miller should be kicked off the team. The outrage over the pre-game intro is just distracting from the actual crime.
You say this like people aren't upset about the intro for the way it relates to the other thing. No one who is upset about the intro isn't upset about the murder.

Reaction Score
If you're aware that no one forgot about the murder, then how is anyone "distracted".

Reaction Score
How providing the murder weapon not accessory?
Seriously? If you lend a friend a car because his is in the shop, and he drives it to a 7-11 and robs the cash register, you think that makes you an accessory? Wouldn’t you think that you had to have either knowledge or at least reason to know he was going to take your car and commit a crime to be an accessory?

Reaction Score
Yes, I did go to UConn. And I go there now for post-master's work too. What's your point? You know Miller doesn't play for us? What a silly comment.

I think Oats should be fired and Miller should be off the team too. I've said that all along. FOR THE ROLE IN THE MURDER and Oats comments after. Not a stupid pre-game ritual. Suspending him for just that would be moronic.

I can't tell if you genuinely don't understand my point, or if you are this out of touch.
The silliest thing here is you acting like people are less about or are distracted away from the murder by this. No idea where/how you came up with that. Obviously he should be punished for his role in the murder. I’m just talking about this isolated incident; that doesn’t take away from whatever has happened. You’re the one having a tough time following along.

“Move on” is the out of touch response. I’m the one who first called people out on making jokes about the murder in the first thread.

Reaction Score
Seriously? If you lend a friend a car because his is in the shop, and he drives it to a 7-11 and robs the cash register, you think that makes you an accessory? Wouldn’t you think that you had to have either knowledge or at least reason to know he was going to take your car and commit a crime to be an accessory?
Didn’t miller them block in the woman so she could more assuredly be killed? What do you think about that aspect of what happened?

And we are talking about bringing a murder device to a murder. Not a car to a robbery.

Good lawyering though lol

Reaction Score
I understood the point completely. If anyone is missing the point, it's you. Of course better judgment should have been used. I dare you to find a single post on here where I said it WASN'T stupid thing to do.

The person I responded to when I said this claimed that a pregame patdown is "insane" under normal circumstances. That was a stupid take.

Did you bother to read what I was responding to? Because what you're saying is equally as stupid.
A little sensitive to criticism are you?

Reaction Score
Didn’t miller them block in the woman so she could more assuredly be killed? What do you think about that aspect of what happened?

And we are talking about bringing a murder device to a murder. Not a car to a robbery.

I have not followed the case at all and have no knowledge of what Miller was alleged to do, much less whether he was guilty of a crime. I was simply discussing W’s hypothetical as to whether one was an accessory because your property was used in a crime. Maybe you should look up what a hypothetical is.

Reaction Score
I have not followed the case at all and have no knowledge of what Miller was alleged to do, much less whether he was guilty of a crime. I was simply discussing W’s hypothetical as to whether one was an accessory because your property was used in a crime. Maybe you should look up what a hypothetical is.
No need to get pissy, bud

Reaction Score
A pre-game patdown under normal circumstances is clever and fun. Get your panties out of a bunch.
Especially if the other week you provided a gun that killed someone. It lets everyone in the crowd know he doesn't have a gun this time.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score

What would we think of these were our players doing this?
Been reading most of these replies and some good points made.

To me I just can’t understand how someone Would still perform this pregame ritual and not think…”hmm, maybe this isn’t such a good idea.” Makes me question how seriously they are taking this.
I have no clue about these pregame rituals but did the Michigan state players do this before or after their incident.
But I’m just an old man man living in the suburbs of ct so I really should pass judegement

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The outrage over the pre-game intro is just distracting from the actual crime.
The outrage is due to the culmination of events and the compounding the pat down did. Its completely rational. Your "apologize and move on" is like "thoughts and prayers" after a school shooting. Your defense of the ritual is ignoring the larger implications.

Reaction Score
Look, if I was a fan at the game, I'd be glad someone patted him down. That dude fetches guns for murderers!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

This is a statement from Miller's lawyer. It clearly lays out what, at the very least, their story is. He also claims that Miller was not blocking the victim's car from the road and that he actually parked his car first, and then the victim pulled up on his car. He also says that is clearly shown on surveillance video.

If that last sentence is true, then I understand why Alabama isn't suspending him. Not to defend Miller, because I wouldn't be surprised if he knew more than what his attorney is letting on, but how can you kick him off the team if it's reasonable to believe he didn't know? It's pretty common for kids that grew up in tough neighborhoods to carry around a gun for protection, so even if he knew he was bringing Miles his gun it's reasonable to think it was just for protection.

There's no way of knowing for sure how much he knew that night, so for that reason I get why he's still on the team. That said, if I were an NBA team I would hire a handful of the best PIs I could get to look into his history, because I would be very leery about drafting him.

Reaction Score

I wouldn't be surprised if he knew more than what his attorney is letting on, but how can you kick him off the team if it's reasonable to believe he didn't know? It's pretty common for kids that grew up in tough neighborhoods to carry around a gun for protection, so even if he knew he was bringing Miles his gun it's reasonable to think it was just for protection.

There's no way of knowing for sure how much he knew that night, so for that reason I get why he's still on the team. That said, if I were an NBA team I would hire a handful of the best PIs I could get to look into his history, because I would be very leery about drafting him.

If he read the text or was told to bring the loaded gun at 1:30 in the morning it's not at all reasonable to think he didn't know something was going down.

We need to stop making excuses for terrible behavior. He's not a little kid, he's 20 years old.

I have no idea what neighborhood he grew up in but I know if he was from a tough neighborhood he made it out of there because of his basketball gifts. He's not in a tough neighborhood now, he's a college student at a major American state University with all the advantages in the world and 10's of millions of dollars awaiting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom