OT: - Things Somehow Get Worse at Alabama | The Boneyard

OT: Things Somehow Get Worse at Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They've done it all year...many teams do it. It was a boneheaded, cringey error from the walk-on and Miller. There's nothing to see here. This mistake is harmless compared to the last one.

If it was our playerd I'd say the same thing "oof, not so bright man." And move on.

The level of outrage I'm seeing over this online is out of line. Stupid mistake. Move on.

Reaction Score

What would we think of these were our players doing this?
That walk on throwing his career away

Reaction Score
They've done it all year...many teams do it. It was a boneheaded, cringey error from the walk-on and Miller. There's nothing to see here. This mistake is harmless compared to the last one.

If it was our playerd I'd say the same thing "oof, not so bright man." And move on.

The level of outrage I'm seeing over this online is out of line. Stupid mistake. Move on.
People are (rightly) outraged over the whole situation and are going to hyper react to anything about Miller & Alabama that is the slightest bit “wrong” or “hypocritical” until some kind of justice gets served in the court of public opinion (vs the rug-sweeping that’s currently happening at Bama).

Reaction Score

Maybe because it's being insensitive about the murder of a woman?

Reaction Score
If he’s done it all year, that means it wasn’t done in reference to the crime committed by his former teammate.

Yes, it’s a bad look now and is incredibly stupid, given current circumstances.

If Miller didn’t break any laws, there isn’t any reason for him not to play. But this story just won’t go away.

Reaction Score

OMG!!! Tell that to her parents! They're making fun of a girl being shot to death and you think thats ok??

Reaction Score
I'm concerned about a person transporting a gun that ends up killing someone. Miller had to know that violence was a strong possibility if guns were going to be involved. Miller has to pay a price for his part if he knew was bringing a gun.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm concerned about a person transporting a gun that ends up killing someone. Miller had to know that violence was a strong possibility if guns were going to be involved. Miller has to pay a price for his part if he knew was bringing a gun.
They seem to be claiming Brandon Miller had no clue he was bringing a gun to the scene.

Reaction Score
Even if Miller were not involved, a player from this years team was just charged with murder using a firearm. It’s not the greatest idea to continue with the pat down during player intros and you’d think a coach or admin would step in and say something. This just continues to be a terrible look for Oats and all the other adults involved in Alabama Basketball.

Reaction Score
They seem to be claiming Brandon Miller had no clue he was bringing a gun to the scene.
If true that Miller didn't know there was a gun in the car and he was just going to meet a friend then time to move on as far as Miller unless something new surfaces.

Reaction Score
I liked that during yesterdays halftime report, CBS spent a segment on this topic talking about Miller and Oates.
I was very pleased that Seth Davis did not dismiss the severity of the whole situation and said that Alabama and Oates made a very bad situation even worse. He even brought up that a lot more will come of this before the tournament starts.

Kudos to CBS for keeping this issue in the forefront of sports news.

Reaction Score
OMG!!! Tell that to her parents! They're making fun of a girl being shot to death and you think thats ok??

They weren't making fun of her. It's a tradition that they (and many other players) do every game. It was boneheaded and insensitive, not "making fun" of anyone.

I literally did this exactly same intro on senior night when I played in college and my sister was in prison on a murder charge... didn't think anything of it (I never got to start any other games lol).

The only thing that needs to happen here is a brief public apology and we move on with concern over the actual crimes that were committed.

Last edited:

caw

Reaction Score
How providing the murder weapon not accessory?

Pretty sure that would assume (and have to prove) Miller knew the gun would be used in a crime (in this case murder) when he delivered it for it to be accessory before the fact.

For Miller to get an accessory after the fact he would have to help him cover it up in some way, or help him in some way (drive him from the crime, hide gun, lie, evade police, etc) in regards to the murder after knowing about the murder.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Of all the actual events and stories being told, this is the one I am most likely to accept at face value. Player intros are a player thing and the coaching staff really pays no attention to any of it until it goes awry.

As others have already mentioned, they had been doing this all season and it's something other players and teams have done this year and in previous years.

Oats hit the tone on this one correctly. We normally don't pay attention to this stuff, but now that we're aware of it and how it could be perceived, we're putting an end to it.

Reaction Score
Thank god they didnt make impermissible texts or phone calls to a recruit though. Thats when Ncaa really puts the hammer down.
How about an impermissible text to a recruit asking them to bring you your Glock?

Reaction Score
Pretty sure that would assume (and have to prove) Miller knew the gun would be used in a crime (in this case murder) when he delivered it for it to be accessory before the fact.

For Miller to get an accessory after the fact he would have to help him cover it up in some way, or help him in some way (drive him from the crime, hide gun, lie, evade police, etc) in regards to the murder after knowing about the murder.
Miles told Miller to bring his gun…which in Alabama I guess isn’t illegal. But why is Miles being charged since he just told Davis where the gun was. So telling someone there is a gun is illegal but transporting it isn’t??

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If true that Miller didn't know there was a gun in the car and he was just going to meet a friend then time to move on as far as Miller unless something new surfaces.

An SEC athlete gets to make up such a ridiculous story and get away with it. I wouldn't recommend anyone else try an alibi this stupid if they are ever an accessory to a felony.

Reaction Score
IANAL, but I believe the difference between Miles and Miller from a legal standpoint is that Miles knew what his friend was planning on doing with the gun, which makes him an accessory, while it seems Miller has argued that he didn't know anything about the situation and was just simply bringing Miller his "property" because he asked him to.

Now, I personally don't believe for a second that Miller didn't know that something was going down. Regardless, if I'm a head coach or school admin and you are handling and randomly bringing guns to people who are hanging outside a club, AND those actions lead to a woman being murdered, you are off the team immediately, charge or no charge. I think it's insane that he is still playing basketball for Alabama.

Reaction Score
Defending a pat-down as a 'normal or traditional' part of a pre-game ritual is only slightly more insane than a pat-down as part of a pre-game ritual after a player on the team murders someone.

A pre-game patdown under normal circumstances is clever and fun. Get your panties out of a bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom