These losses are getting tiresome | Page 3 | The Boneyard

These losses are getting tiresome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Completely agree - we were in control til he went with the big lineup and Cincy made their run. Nolan and D Ham should never ever be on the floor together - like playing 5 on 3 offensively. Add in Gibbs, who is a good player that needs to be out there but not quick enough to penetrate consistently, and you have the recipe for a stagnant offense.
I noticed when Nolan was inserted not only did we lose a lead but we had no offensive flow. I am at a loss why Ollie would risk inserting Nolan who adds nothing offensively in a close game. At least Facey can score and rebound.

Does anyone here have any idea what Ollie was trying to accomplish by putting Nolan in at that time, and why he stuck with him for so long?

Reaction Score
I still love my team, but man these types of losses hurt. We are talking straight gut punch tonight. What more can we do except learn from it and play better? Wishful thinking maybe, but whats the point of moping?
Yeah man this really hit my stomach , with Napier in the building no less. Really brings back xl memories when I saw Napier led teams lose ( Stanford, smu ). Horrible loss IMO really disgusted with my fandom ha

As far as Nolan , maybe he was drinking that boneyard kool aid.

Reaction Score
Phil was great though. You know, with the hedging and all. Really made a difference. The team stopped going to the basket in the 2nd half and stopped moving the ball. They went back to stagnant. I thought our defense was ok most the game, at least FG defense, but rebounding certainly wasn't great.
If this was hockey, Phil has about -15.

Reaction Score
Adams needs to be the guy with the ball at the end of the shot clock. We just have to live with the occassional turnover or bonehead freshman play. Gibbs can't break down his man off the dribble, get in the lane and finish, or create his own offense. He is a jumpshooter who needs space period. Purvis gets to the rim but can't finish and can't convert foul shots. Hamilton is a trainwreck right now offensively. It's process of elimination at this point. Adams is the only guy that could break his man down and get in the lane with a chance of finishing. Granted it is not ideal but if I have to watch Gibbs try to shake his defender one more time as the shot clock runs down I am going to go insane. This team needs more defined roles for certain crucial situations and players need to accept it for the good of the team. Everyone thinks they are the answer but in reality nobody is right now. At least if guys have more defined offensive roles we would have a plan for better or worse.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I remember in 2014 when we won it all, we were the top team in the nation at scoring in the last 5 seconds of the shot clock, much of that being from Shabazz's divine shooting ability and clutch instinct. Now we can see the result of that factor without our AA point guard.

Reaction Score
Our guards suffer because we have no one to throw the ball inside to but Miller who is always outsized down there, and if Shonn gets a shot off there is no put back from anyone. So our guards are covered like a blanket. We think we have a guard shooting and driving problem, but it's all what we lack down low that affects them.

Reaction Score
Wait you do not understand that concept? That when you replace a player who is terrible with a player who is much better you are a better team? And that better player can be worth 2 points more than the bad player in a game? Do you realize how sports work? And how when a player is injured the spread changes because their replacement stinks?

Maybe you just did not watch the game tonight and are still waiting Nolan's charge highlight

You cannot be this obtuse.

Jerry you have your thoughts and I have mine. You certainly overrate your guy and I may be short on what we are missing with him. Maybe it's in between I don't know, but your guys just isn't good enough to worry about at the end of this game or the other losses when teams don't score over 60 in any of them. This game was ours to win whether he played or not what is so tough about understanding that. And to add to that the defense was great, every time (besides the last play) any of their bigs moved they were stripped or doubled and stopped from penetrating. Watch the game he may have been missed but he certainly wasn't sorely missed. Heck we can't even throw it into he guy on offense and if we do he drops or missed 50% of them so talk to me about his impact?

Just really sick of after a 2 point loss in which our offense was inept and we keep a team under 60 points people have to say "we would have won with AB". We SHOULD have won without AB is the main point, doesn't matter on the what if's. Even though AB comes back and add what he adds to the table, if our offense stays inept he won't matter. These losses are all about offense and the inability to score the ball.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
He put us up 57-53, he hardly blew the game. That falls on Miller for his failure to foul hard enough to avoid a basket, and for trying to get a foul at the end instead of trying to make the layup.

I think Shonn is the one player on the team that you can't find fault with. Thank God we got him or we would be really hurting.

Reaction Score
Will always love the school but it's too hard to do this. I take hours away from my family and then I'm a d@/k after the game. Hopefully it's a on issue with the players and they'll be better in the future.

the family and being a dick after the games sounds like me. my new solution is i run directly to my bed after a terrible loss and go to sleep

Reaction Score
I think Shonn is the one player on the team that you can't find fault with. Thank God we got him or we would be really hurting.

Yep I agree if anything he is also underutilized. Meant to leave him out thanks David

Reaction Score
Cincinnati was really packing the inside last night. Since we don't have a guard that can break down a defense with his dribble you would think the players should be getting the ball low and the big guys would to kick the ball back out for some open outside shoots. The problem is though our inside guys don't have great offensive skills. Inside passes results in too many turnovers.This is a team with way too many deficiencies. Our power forward/ small forward was leading the team in assists at halftime. What does that say about our guards? Adams had some bright spots with his drives to the baskets but he has been a below average passer and a turnover machine when he plays. Despite some of the views of the fans I can't see Ollie giving Adams more playing time than he is getting. Giving Facey more minutes isn't going to help either. He is a worst defensive player than Nolan and doesn't really do much offensively either. Brimah will help when he gets back but I don't see this team going very far if we make the tournament. Hamilton is far and away our most talent player while Miller is our most consistent performer. Gibbs and Purvis are streaky shooters with so so ball handling skills. We have no point guard. Our only hope is that when Brimah gets back that Hamilton will get of his shooting funk. Hamilton still remains the key for this team getting better.

Reaction Score
Jerry you have your thoughts and I have mine. You certainly overrate your guy and I may be short on what we are missing with him. Maybe it's in between I don't know, but your guys just isn't good enough to worry about at the end of this game or the other losses when teams don't score over 60 in any of them. This game was ours to win whether he played or not what is so tough about understanding that. And to add to that the defense was great, every time (besides the last play) any of their bigs moved they were stripped or doubled and stopped from penetrating. Watch the game he may have been missed but he certainly wasn't sorely missed. Heck we can't even throw it into he guy on offense and if we do he drops or missed 50% of them so talk to me about his impact?

Just really sick of after a 2 point loss in which our offense was inept and we keep a team under 60 points people have to say "we would have won with AB". We SHOULD have won without AB is the main point, doesn't matter on the what if's. Even though AB comes back and add what he adds to the table, if our offense stays inept he won't matter. These losses are all about offense and the inability to score the ball.
I guess Nolan getting blocked on 2 dunks by smaller players and fumbling the ball whenever he touches is helpful to our offense, who knew?

Again, Nolan has the highest TO rate on the team and it is much higher than ABs, so your comment about him dropping the ball makes no sense when you look at the actual stats.

You want better offense but you do not think the guy who has an offensive efficiency rating of 128 versus a guy whose rating is 101 would help our team offensively. makes sense

Reaction Score
I guess Nolan getting blocked on 2 dunks by smaller players and fumbling the ball whenever he touches is helpful to our offense, who knew?

Again, Nolan has the highest TO rate on the team and it is much higher than ABs, so your comment about him dropping the ball makes no sense when you look at the actual stats.

You want better offense but you do not think the guy who has an offensive efficiency rating of 128 versus a guy whose rating is 101 would help our team offensively. makes sense

Jerry I stopped this already but you want to keep going on it like the AH you obviously are. FO Jerry you aren't as smart as you'd like to think you are. And we both have valid points but you are always right in your ignorant mind. Nolan's is what he is but so is your guy but you won't admit crap you're an idiot. Shove the sats up your a** too like most they mean little. They are both inefficient offensively and to think your guy sis so FN good? Again suddenly don't like you, I can see why now. Left well enough alone but "well" came back with more BS. You are ignored so again GFY.

Reaction Score
Jerry I stopped this already but you want to keep going on it like the AH you obviously are. FO Jerry you aren't as smart as you'd like to think you are. And we both have valid points but you are always right in your ignorant mind. Nolan's is what he is but so is your guy but you won't admit crap you're an idiot. Shove the sats up your a** too like most they mean little. They are both inefficient offensively and to think your guy sis so FN good? Again suddenly don't like you, I can see why now. Left well enough alone but "well" came back with more BS. You are ignored so again GFY.
This is the saddest most pathetic response I have ever seen on the yard. Wow you really have issues. This is something I would expect from a child not a grown adult.

Reaction Score
This is the saddest most pathetic response I have ever seen on the yard. Wow you really have issues. This is something I would expect from a child not a grown adult.
Check the MBB homepage lately butthead?

Reaction Score
Mau just posted last night that his mother passed yesterday. Forgive and forget his post or at least ignore it (don't take it personal).

Reaction Score

Horrible decision on my part to even reply in my situation, timing wasn't good. There is some truth to the feelings in this but to be that harsh I apologize to Jerry and everyone on the BY, not my intention to be that way please forgive this side of me nor was it pretty. No excuses my bad.

If this can be deleted please do.

Reaction Score
Horrible decision on my part to even reply in my situation, timing wasn't good. There is some truth to the feelings in this but to be that harsh I apologize to Jerry and everyone on the BY, not my intention to be that way please forgive this side of me nor was it pretty. No excuses my bad.

If this can be deleted please do.
No need to apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member