These losses are getting tiresome | The Boneyard

These losses are getting tiresome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don't really have a ball handler. Dham just not a good offensive player. 34pts first have 20 2nd half. Please.

Reaction Score
You know what we are best at, honestly? Not keeping momentum. We get an and-1, hit a big 3 or get a few straight baskets, the crowd gets in it and then we just can't seem to play defense. Very underrated, the good teams keep momentum going more than 2 possessions, we simply can't

Reaction Score
We miss Brimah so, so much. They need to get him back yesterday. He didn't tear his freaking ACL

Reaction Score
Agree wholeheartedly. Winnable games time and time again and no one makes plays. And they don't do anything with the ball or stay aggressive. As soon as they take the air out of the ball they get crappy shots time and time again. This is an AWFUL loss like Temple because it's yours to win!

Reaction Score
We miss Brimah so, so much. They need to get him back yesterday. He didn't tear his freaking ACL

God please cut the crap. Cincy just scored freakin 58 points not 98.

We didn't score or get good shots again and ran CRAPPY offense down the stretch.

Reaction Score
These seasons are getting tiresome. How many 5th place finishes in this horrible conference can we abide before our claim blue blood status becomes dubious.

The last 18 months have been an embarrassment to this program.

Reaction Score
This and Temple are wins with AB.

Putting Nolan back in the game for Cincy's final possesion so he could screw up the help side double team was just so fitting for both Nolan's performance tonight and Ollie's insane decision to play him as much as he did when the team was 100 times better with him on the bench.

Reaction Score
Phil was great though. You know, with the hedging and all. Really made a difference. The team stopped going to the basket in the 2nd half and stopped moving the ball. They went back to stagnant. I thought our defense was ok most the game, at least FG defense, but rebounding certainly wasn't great.

Reaction Score
Purvis 5-17
Hamilton 2-11

Damn , try Calhoun it cannot get any worse and Adams has to handle the ball, even though he had that big to. We had 3 straight possessions where the clock either ran out or we had to take a desperation shot. I am disgusted.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Don't really have a ball handler. Dham just not a good offensive player. 34pts first have 20 2nd half. Please.
We do: his name is Adams.

Reaction Score
Phil was great though. You know, with the hedging and all. Really made a difference. The team stopped going to the basket in the 2nd half and stopped moving the ball. They went back to stagnant. I thought our defense was ok most the game, at least FG defense, but rebounding certainly wasn't great.
Phil was not great he was just 'acceptable' Phil.

Reaction Score
These seasons are getting tiresome. How many 5th place finishes in this horrible conference can we abide before our claim blue blood status becomes dubious.

The last 18 months have been an embarrassment to this program.
I agree. This conference, this team...... Sadly, the losses are becoming easier on me. I am really starting to care less.

Reaction Score
Will always love the school but it's too hard to do this. I take hours away from my family and then I'm a d@/k after the game. Hopefully it's a on issue with the players and they'll be better in the future.

Reaction Score
We have also had some terrible coaching down the stretch in some games. Tonight included.
I'm not sure it's about coaching though. Ollie and co. have to have plays designed, now if they are good plays or not is surely debatable, but it's not like he's telling Gibbs to dribble until the shot clock runs out, or Hamilton to do the same, or Adams to make a lazy pass. We have had bad coaching in other games no doubt, but this one is on the players. Missed countless easy layups and execution was nothing less than terrible the last 4 minutes.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Phil was not great he was just 'acceptable' Phil.
Nolan sucks. He's a wuss. Instead of dunking certain opportunities, he tried not to get touched when going up, and he got blocked.

Reaction Score
But, how does Cincy get a call from the refs with 12 seconds left in the game?

Reaction Score
Why doesn't Facey play more? He gets the quick hook too many times to me. He actually rebounds, and can finish around the rim

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Agree wholeheartedly. Winnable games time and time again and no one makes plays. And they don't do anything with the ball or stay aggressive. As soon as they take the air out of the ball they get crappy shots time and time again. This is an AWFUL loss like Temple because it's yours to win!
Somewhere along the line a bench full of ex-guards and ex-head coaches has to be able to devise an offense designed to get guys open instead of relying on his guards to break down the D on every play. Ball movement sucks. To raise on point made on another thread, people really prefer this sort of loss to a monotonous 30-40 win? Sort of tongue in cheek.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Ollie, I love you man. The passion for UConn, the recruiting, etc. But please learn how to manage late game situations. And please google "how to run a half-court offense without Shabazz Napier".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom