These Games Happen | The Boneyard

These Games Happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Seemed like nothing went right.

In the first half, Calhoun, Daniels and Boatright all had good looking 3's that were in and out. It happens. They were good looks by guys who should be taking the shots and they didn't fall.

In the second half, Wolf misses his dunk by hanging on the rim. Completely boneheaded, but it happens.

RJ Evans makes a nice move to the hoop and misses the shot two feet to the left. Couldn't even hit iron.

Evans or Giffey almost make a steal, ball gets bobbled and fortunate bounce goes to Marquette for a dunk.

Contested 25 footer at the buzzer to put the game in OT and the return of the mandatory bank shot 3 against Uconn in OT.

Games like this are going to happen. Both teams hustle, some questionable calls by the refs and seemingly every good bounce goes MU's way. And, on a very difficult court to play on, these kids toughed it out to OT.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I agree. You forgot the fast break pass to OC for an easy and one that slips through his hands and the ball that RJ steals at the top of the key and starts to drive but the ball has english and bounces away from him. When I saw all those weird and crazy things start to happen I knew this was going to be difficult to win.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I'm think that between the hail mary, the banked three and, oh by the way, the basket the refs removed from UConn's side of the scoreboard, luck worked out for Marquette this evening.

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln....

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
sure and marqeute didnt have anything go wrong for them did they

you have to be a loser to hang out on a board for a team you hate

are you truth? a man obsessed with a team you hate?

Reaction Score
I'm think that between the hail mary, the banked three and, oh by the way, the basket the refs removed from UConn's side of the scoreboard, luck worked out for Marquette this evening.

Pretty much in a nutshell Fishy........now beat DePaul and pull off a couple upsets and all will be well.

If you can't walk away thinking that this team (sorry Raf) has the onions of a Kevin Ollie coached team then you need to give it up.......while not a win and no moral W's in Storrs, this was pretty impressive to me.........our guys are playing their sacks off and that's all we can ask this year!!!;)

Reaction Score
I'm bummed, but if we're going to endure like this, I'd rather it come now than in a season where it might come back to hurt us.

Like someone said in the game thread, in 2011 we dodged all kinds of bullets. We caught a stray one tonight.

Reaction Score
When Wolf missed the dunk I knew they were going to lose. Like you said nothing went right for the team last night.

Reaction Score
Cmon people, lets be real on this. Does anyone really expect this team to win more than 20 games? This is a 500 club this year. We have a long term coach, now it's time to go out there and get some front court help. Some bigs to complement the backcourt, guys and the wings. I saw them get beat early in the first half on the defencsive boards. Marquette got several second..............and third chance shots. This is going to happen again and again throughout the Big East season. Get use to it, you are not going to be able to battle night in and night out with big bodies that are in the Big East, with Olander, Wolf, and Nolan.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Cmon people, lets be real on this. Does anyone really expect this team to win more than 20 games? This is a 500 club this year. We have a long term coach, now it's time to go out there and get some front court help. Some bigs to complement the backcourt, guys and the wings. I saw them get beat early in the first half on the defencsive boards. Marquette got several second..............and third chance shots. This is going to happen again and again throughout the Big East season. Get use to it, you are not going to be able to battle night in and night out with big bodies that are in the Big East, with Olander, Wolf, and Nolan.
The interesting thing is they didn't give nearly as many second and third chances the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom