The Wide Receivers | The Boneyard

The Wide Receivers

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Is it alright to be a little concerned?

Porter is a multi year backup who couldn’t crack it at Minnesota.

Buckman put up mediocre numbers at FCS.

Ross hasn’t played in 2 years.

I don’t blame the staff for losing Turner and Marion, but I’m thinking bringing in mid tier vets from the portal wasn’t the solution.

Reaction Score
Fair to be a little concerned, but not pushing the panic button yet.

NC State’s defense has more talent than we do right now. That’s just reality. Let’s see how the next few weeks play out.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'm not concerned. What plays did they not make that made you concerned? The one that made me concerned was the one coming from the person serving up the passes, or supposed to be passing. Fagnano was not good and I hope he turns it around next week and if not, they go to TR

Reaction Score
Way too early for this thread. You mentioned 3 players who I think will all have a positive impact on the team this year. Please give them a chance.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Is it alright to be a little concerned?

Porter is a multi year backup who couldn’t crack it at Minnesota.

Buckman put up mediocre numbers at FCS.

Ross hasn’t played in 2 years.

I don’t blame the staff for losing Turner and Marion, but I’m thinking bringing in mid tier vets from the portal wasn’t the solution.
Porter had a rough night. 3 drops and one play in the 1st where he was wide open on a 10yd cross, where was he looking? The sideline for some reason and joe had to double clutch till he looked over, he overthrew him heading across the field.

Reaction Score
If everyone is running short routes it makes it easier for the defense to jump the passing lanes. The passing game again was a huge issue on offense. Hoping for improvement next week.

Reaction Score
I am out of the country and could only stream the game on the radio. Did Clercius get any snaps last night?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I am out of the country and could only stream the game on the radio. Did Clercius get any snaps last night?
Don't know if he ever lined up, but he was never targeted.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Way too early for this thread. You mentioned 3 players who I think will all have a positive impact on the team this year. Please give them a chance.
I’m not giving up on them after one game. But I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t a concern of mine going into the season. Obviously we need to see how everyone fairs against our weaker comp coming up before sounding the alarms.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Either Joly is best receiver by far or he is Fagnano's bail out because Joly seemed to get more looks than everyone else combined.
Ross had a few nice grabs early and then nothing.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Either Joly is best receiver by far or he is Fagnano's bail out because Joly seemed to get more looks than everyone else combined.
Ross had a few nice grabs early and then nothing.
Ross only caught one pass. He was targeted a couple other times but throws weren't close.

Most of us in the chat room weren't even sure Joly was available until he showed up in 2nd half.

Reaction Score
Ross only caught one pass. He was targeted a couple other times but throws weren't close.

Most of us in the chat room weren't even sure Joly was available until he showed up in 2nd half.
I thought the rotation was strange. Houston, Brewton and Ross were getting touches or targets early and then we turned almost exclusively to Rosa and Joly. I realize that you want to utilize your most effective players when they’re playing well, but it probably makes sense to spread the wealth throughout the game so the defense stays honest. Am I seeing this correctly?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I thought the rotation was strange. Houston, Brewton and Ross were getting touches or targets early and then we turned almost exclusively to Rosa and Joly. I realize that you want to utilize your most effective players when they’re playing well, but it probably makes sense to spread the wealth throughout the game so the defense stays honest. Am I seeing this correctly?
Early on it seemed like they were ignoring Rosa and Joly. Which I thought was a little odd. I did like that stretch where we ran Houston like three or four plays in a row. Make them show they can stop you, I guess.

Reaction Score
Clercius was on the field a little in the second half. Coaches went with 2 transfers at the receiver position and it wound up hurting us IMO with the drops killing momentum.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I just don't think we could manage any separation. TBD if that's them being good or us being not good. Fangnano looked okay to me when he had a good pre-snap read and got it out quick, The longer he was forced to wait on receivers, the worse things seemed to get for him. He did have a guy come open down the sideline on an extended play in the first half... tried to hit him with a floater and sailed it by about 15 extra yards. If he can make that throw, we're a lot better off.

Reaction Score
He was the leading receiver and caught 4 of the 14 complete passes.
Him and Ross are the best receivers on the team. And he had 38 yards receiving. That isn't featuring him, that's giving him the check down option.

Reaction Score
They played a team that outclassed them big time. And they hung with them for the most part. As much as I wanted UConn to win…I honestly didn’t expect to leave the rent excited. A bunch of unknown/unrated WR’s against a solid defense full of 3-4 star athletes. It’ll be fine! Everyone take a deep breath. Game 1 is done…let’s see how 2-3-4 go before the doom and gloom!

Reaction Score
Maybe it's me, but I didn't see the separation we'd been lead to believe would be happening this year with all the speed they've talked about.

Was it the plays, the routes being run poorly or great defenders?

Not sure Fagnano is the answer either. All that experience we've been told about, all his time with the OC and yet he made some poor throws and then there was THE MISS.............

Very late 4th quarter, Ross is wide open inside the ten on the sideline and the QB tries to force it into Hansen in the end zone. Incomplete, could have been an INT and Ross standing empty handed. Would have made it a 3 point game.............

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom