The Wide Receivers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Wide Receivers

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Maybe it's me, but I didn't see the separation we'd been lead to believe would be happening this year with all the speed they've talked about.

Was it the plays, the routes being run poorly or great defenders?

Not sure Fagnano is the answer either. All that experience we've been told about, all his time with the OC and yet he made some poor throws and then there was THE MISS.............

Very late 4th quarter, Ross is wide open inside the ten on the sideline and the QB tries to force it into Hansen in the end zone. Incomplete, could have been an INT and Ross standing empty handed. Would have made it a 3 point game.............
It was ridiculous that Fagnano didn't see Ross with nobody remotely near him, but it wouldn't have been a 3 point game because the play was being called back for a hold regardless.

Reaction Score
Clercius was on the field a little in the second half. Coaches went with 2 transfers at the receiver position and it wound up hurting us IMO with the drops killing momentum.
Wow, thought he transferred?? Why isn’t he our wr1??

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I was surprised Buckman wasn't more involved. They talked him up a lot in the preseason. I know he was out there on practically each play but it seemed like he only had a handful of targets. Was hoping to see what all the craze was about with him.

Reaction Score
Blocking? Hopefully that was one of the better defenses they play this year. Seemed to cover much like UConn did. Armstrong was the difference with his ability to gain yards on the ground.

Reaction Score
Joly also banged his head on ground one play. They showed him on sideline shaking his head and talking to someone while pointing to back of helmet. Not sure how much he played after that. Can't even remember what part of the game that happened.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Joly also banged his head on ground one play. They showed him on sideline shaking his head and talking to someone while pointing to back of helmet. Not sure how much he played after that. Can't even remember what part of the game that happened.
I think that was on his 2nd catch mid-3Q. He sat out remainder of that series, but pretty sure he was back in on all the others.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
There is a good chance the NC St DB's will be the second best group UConn sees this year behind only Tennessee's DB's.

It was also the first live game for this group of WR's with this QB.

That being said, none of the new players did anything or showed anything on Thursday. We heard so many reports in camp of great hands, route running and speed. I saw none of that on Thursday.

Reaction Score
There is a good chance the NC St DB's will be the second best group UConn sees this year behind only Tennessee's DB's.

It was also the first live game for this group of WR's with this QB.

That being said, none of the new players did anything or showed anything on Thursday. We heard so many reports in camp of great hands, route running and speed. I saw none of that on Thursday.
Why not make Joly a full time wide receiver. We seem to have quite a few tight ends that are good blockers and can catch the ball.

Reaction Score
Why not make Joly a full time wide receiver. We seem to have quite a few tight ends that are good blockers and can catch the ball.
He is doing the exact opposite of that. He has put on nearly 20 pounds and is trying to put on 10 or 15 more to get to 245.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I hope it ruined your night.
I was planning on remaining up all night wondering when the whining would begin but fortunately it didn't take long so I was able to get as good a night's sleep as reasonably possible getting home after 1:00 am

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I was planning on remaining up all night wondering when the whining would begin but fortunately it didn't take long so I was able to get as good a night's sleep as reasonably possible getting home after 1:00 am
Seems like you haven’t thought about it at all.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Early on it seemed like they were ignoring Rosa and Joly. Which I thought was a little odd. I did like that stretch where we ran Houston like three or four plays in a row. Make them show they can stop you, I guess.
He was gashing them then immediately went 3 short pass plays that didn’t work and punted, wanted to pull my hair out.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
It was ridiculous that Fagnano didn't see Ross with nobody remotely near him, but it wouldn't have been a 3 point game because the play was being called back for a hold regardless.
He had joly wide open on a seam late in the game and checked it down for 3yds instead. I was screaming at my TV.

Reaction Score
If everyone is running short routes it makes it easier for the defense to jump the passing lanes. The passing game again was a huge issue on offense. Hoping for improvement next week.
We shall see what the Great Charlton brings to the table next week.

Reaction Score
If everyone is running short routes it makes it easier for the defense to jump the passing lanes. The passing game again was a huge issue on offense. Hoping for improvement next week.
……Roberson getting well soon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom