The Wide Receivers | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Wide Receivers

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Wonder why the staff wants Joly to be a TE? He’s got a build closer to that of a WR, and we have so much depth at TE.
Matchups. A TE draws a LB usually. Playing him at WR draws a CB or Safety who are meant for coverage. Play him at TE who can basically be a WR and you cause the D to have to decide if they want to commit someone from the secondary. If they do, your WR are likely to find more space.

Reaction Score
Again, yes, the passing game was really, really disappointing. But two comments. First, one game isn’t nearly enough time to try to determine whether the problem is the QB, the receivers or the coaching. Second, that was at worse the second best group of athletes in the defensive backfield we will play against. If we can’t generate passing yardage next week, against a defensive backfield that URI torched, then we can panic.

Reaction Score
Wow, thought he transferred?? Why isn’t he our wr1??
Because last year, frankly, he was ordinary. Yes, he made two of the three biggest passing plays of the season, but he’s not particularly fast and his catches per game were quite ordinary. Normally, it’s good when returning starters can’t keep their roll — it means the talent on the roster is being increased. Let’s give it a little time.

Reaction Score
……Roberson getting well soon.
Have I missed something? The only reports I’ve seen are that Roberson was fully cleared to compete at the start of fall practice, he did compete and he made a serious push for the starting job. Since Fagnano underwhelmed Thursday night, I’ve seen a bunch of posts assuming Roberson isn’t 100% healthy. So could someone please make clear whether there has been real evidence that Roberson isn’t at 100%, or whether this is just people running with unsubstantiated internet “reporting.”

Thank you in advance.

Reaction Score
Have I missed something? The only reports I’ve seen are that Roberson was fully cleared to compete at the start of fall practice, he did compete and he made a serious push for the starting job. Since Fagnano underwhelmed Thursday night, I’ve seen a bunch of posts assuming Roberson isn’t 100% healthy. So could someone please make clear whether there has been real evidence that Roberson isn’t at 100%, or whether this is just people running with unsubstantiated internet “reporting.”

Thank you in advance.
I think we have to realize our QB and WR talent is not very good. We have a decent OL and running backs. Do not expect us to average over 200 yards passing against Duke, Tenn or JMU. However the rest of the schedule is pretty bad and we should be able to average 150 to 200 yards passing against them.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
……Roberson getting well soon.
What is especially hilarious is that except for fir Turner who everyone dumped on, nobody has seen any other QB including Roberson And JF made some really good throws that were not caught. He might not be the second coming, but he wasn’t nearly as horrible as some think against a good D. Give him a few games before jumping to conclusions. Ain’t a QB ever who didn’t make bad throws or pick the wrong target.

Reaction Score

Thank you in advance.
Yes, you did, but through no fault of your own. BTW, all I said was in the next game I’d like to see Roberson get some snaps. What’s your problem?

Reaction Score
Yes, you did, but through no fault of your own. BTW, all I said was in the next game I’d like to see Roberson get some snaps. What’s your problem?
Problem? A number of folks, including you, are hinting that Roberson isn’t 100% physically. I wasn’t trolling you — I just asked you or anyone else a question. You said you hoped he gets well soon. Do you have any reason to think he isn’t well, beyond that Fagnano wasn’t good enough on Thursday?

Reaction Score

Thank you in advance.
He has fully been cleared. He competed during the fall camp and wasn’t held back or anything. It was just that JF does some things better than Roberson

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Problem? A number of folks, including you, are hinting that Roberson isn’t 100% physically. I wasn’t trolling you — I just asked you or anyone else a question. You said you hoped he gets well soon. Do you have any reason to think he isn’t well, beyond that Fagnano wasn’t good enough on Thursday?

The last Friday of practice, when the coaches said a starter would be named soon, there were comments of Robersontweakong his arm and ZT having a tired arm.
This was one or two days after Charlton was raving about Roberson's arm and passing.
Two days later, Fagnano is named the starter.

Reaction Score
What is especially hilarious is that except for fir Turner who everyone dumped on, nobody has seen any other QB including Roberson And JF made some really good throws that were not caught. He might not be the second coming, but he wasn’t nearly as horrible as some think against a good D. Give him a few games before jumping to conclusions. Ain’t a QB ever who didn’t make bad throws or pick the wrong target.
Look, all I said was in my other post was, I hope Roberson gets some snaps in the next game, and people are making a federal case out of it.

Reaction Score
Got it. Thank you. I don’t think one can assume from that that Roberson was any less physically ready on opening day than Fagnano was, but one is free to assume as they wish.

Reaction Score
Yes, I had heard some things. As I said, I hope he gets some snaps in the next game. I like Fagnano but he isn’t a dual threat, and he isn’t close to the athlete that Roberson is.

Reaction Score
Yes, I had heard some things. As I said, I hope he gets some snaps in the next game. I like Fagnano but he isn’t a dual threat, and he isn’t close to the athlete that Roberson is.
Looked damm good on that run he stepped out of bounds on. He is fast enough. We need to see the WRs gain some separation and catch the ball. The pass 50 yds downfield to Burns hit him in the pads between two defenders. Would have been a great catch, but one you have to make to pull an upset.

Reaction Score
Do we know Roberson can throw? He can run which is what we needed...If Super Joe tucks the ball just a couple times and picks up a few first downs, I don't think everyone would be so critical of him.
Armstrong ( who had a lot of hype coming from Va and being paired back up with the O.C.) didn't look impressive throwing the ball. Horrible form...had about 80 yds going into the 4th qtr. He ran the ball great...but why we didn't spy him I'm not sure. 4th qtr when he ran it in...I counted 4 missed tackles. We played to be respectful not to win.
Maybe when they drop 8 and there is room for the QB to run, they should of brought in Roberson to keep them honest if Joe can't run.

Reaction Score
Looked damm good on that run he stepped out of bounds on. He is fast enough. We need to see the WRs gain some separation and catch the ball. The pass 50 yds downfield to Burns hit him in the pads between two defenders. Would have been a great catch, but one you have to make to pull an upset.
Spot on.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Got it. Thank you. I don’t think one can assume from that that Roberson was any less physically ready on opening day than Fagnano was, but one is free to assume as they wish.
Felix Unger disagrees with you on assuming. In a courtroom no less....

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I agree 100% He was not terrible one bit. He looked a starting QB with some gitters, starting his first FBS game, at home, against a solid ACC defense. He really didn't make any horrible throws except his last one when they were all trying to force the ball down field. Can't fault him there. If anything, the play calling was conservative and I hope they open it up on Saturday. That will be his real test.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Why does everyone think JF bore full responsibility? No he wasn't anything special. but it was hardly that awful against what issuppisedly a good D. Half this board wans to trash him after one game against maybe our second beat opponent. Maybe the same fans who were ready to dump Coach Hurley last January. Give him
A game or two more before reaching conclusions.

Reaction Score
I thought JF looked good from what I saw considering his receivers dropped a lot of passes. The dropped pass right before the half was huge you have to make that catch.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure Roberson’s “arm” injury gave Fagnano the starting job. As I said in another thread, Charlton’s praise of Roberson two weeks ago was effusive. He basically said that you just can’t find a fault in his game. Up until I read those quotes, I had been predicting Fagnano would start since he’s a Charlton guy. After that, I thought it was pretty obvious Roberson was the man. Then he tweaked his arm and here we are.

Reaction Score
Why does everyone think JF bore full responsibility? No he wasn't anything special. but it was hardly that awful against what issuppisedly a good D. Half this board wans to trash him after one game against maybe our second beat opponent. Maybe the same fans who were ready to dump Coach Hurley last January. Give him a
game or two more before reaching conclusions.
Ok I’ll give you that. Let’s see how he does against Georgia State. He’s an ok passer, not great but I think he can get the job done. My criticism of the NC State game is his running ability, if all his receivers are covered he’s got to run with it, and except for that first series, he didn’t. He had 18 yards rushing for the game, almost all on the first series. We can’t beat a team like NC State if their defense knows he’s not much of a running threat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom